I think i discovered a perfect KSP theme song

gorkyporky

Kenny Loggins' Danger Zone. Everywhere is the danger zone.

More seriously, in orbit I like classical as it gives a bit of 2001-style atmosphere.

yeah, same as that. I don`t want widdly widdly guitar in a 3 minute song when I`ve got a 9 minute burn to do.

I`d rather have something like this...

i sometimes listen to classical music when i play KSP (i'm on a JS bach kick of late, maybe the technical nature of the music makes me a better engineer in the VAB, or not), but more often i run it without any music at all. the in-game soundtrack really annoys me after a couple of minutes, but that's not unique to KSP, it goes for just about every game i play (the only exception being doom).

i sometimes listen to classical music when i play KSP (i'm on a JS bach kick of late, maybe the technical nature of the music makes me a better engineer in the VAB, or not), but more often i run it without any music at all. the in-game soundtrack really annoys me after a couple of minutes, but that's not unique to KSP, it goes for just about every game i play (the only exception being doom).

I too listen to Classical, all the time. And, one of my favorites is indeed Bach... especially when spending half the night building something in the VAB lol. So, I'll share this...

https://calmradio.com/

There's plenty of great Classical stuff there, other genera too. My fav is the all Bach channel. You can listen free (click on the "Try Us" button), but have to listen to their brief occasional (not all that often) 'commercial'. Check it out, you might like it.

Come to think of it, Doom has a good soundtrack. So does Black Mesa, a Half Life remake.

Surface Tension 1 and Questionable Ethics 1 are good.

Links are really tough for me to figure out, sorry.

The music makes these images pop into my head:

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/9569/reentry.png

Little bit off topic here, but jesus. Isn't that one of the original photos they showed off of re-entry effects in one of the OLD dev livestream? I remember seeing that for the first time like back in 0.18 and it was amazing. It still is quite beautiful though.

Edited by Tremzack
I am bad at post making.

The first time I heard this song I knew I had to make a KSP video for it, which got me back into making videos for the first time since CoH closed.

http://youtu.be/gbISlxKBTdk

Gotta admit, Gorkyporky's song is tempting me to do another.

That.. was.. brilliant. I am a little surprised that you didn't use more re-entry flames, and also you didn't feature the sun at all.

You should definitely make more vids like this.

As for what music I like, is anybody else old enough to remember a game called Elite, and particularly it's sequel Frontier? The BGM for Frontier borrowed from Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey (I can think of no more appropriate soundtrack for docking sequences than The Blue Danube), but expanded on it too. Those crappy old synth orchestras are just perfect for games like this...

While I enjoy most forms of music, I'm a life-long metalhead and I get into some fairly extreme stuff, I admit.

That said, I like listening to this band while playing KSP, in part because of the atmosphere of the music, in part because of the samples they sometimes use, and in part because the band claims to be (evil) aliens.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.