[0.25] NEBULA space engineering - EVA handrails pack

Krasimir

Wow, these golden (bronze?) handrails should go really well with my steampunky ships from the Vertical Propulsion Emporium :cool:

May I package your mod for the CKAN effort so it is easier to install and keep in sync?

Shure! You might want to wait until the weekend until i release the update because there will be dependancy - Firespitter for the texture switching :)

Shure! You might want to wait until the weekend until i release the update because there will be dependancy - Firespitter for the texture switching :)

Thanks for the permission. I just added the CKAN description to the repository, the scripts will pick up both the current release and your improved one after you upload it to kerbalstuff.

This mod looks promising, but the KerbalStuff feature page is devoid of any flavor text, explanations, pictures, license disclosures, or links to this forum thread. As a result of the last item, at least, I think you're losing out on much-deserved exposure, because like I said, this mod seems awesome. I'll be downloading it shortly! :D

Could you also create a procedural handrail, version I need to limit my part count to the minimum

Nah bro, tomorrow ill release update with longer ones, my skills are still not to the point to make procedural ones :P

It looks really, really nice and I would like to use it but as I an see it will make my part count totally increasing like hell. Is there a way to make procedural handrails so to have a rail along a part you could set the start, then the end, and "voilà"?

gj anyway! :)

Awesome parts!

How do I make them KAS compatible? I think que best way to use them (avoiding high part count) is to install them as needed...

Ill look into it. just install them - they are pretty small, and physics signifficanse is set to1, they dont cast or receave shadows, so they are very light on the system. Tommorow ill try to upload the udate cuz i was bussy with another part :)

For everybody concerned about partcount, take a look at UbioZur Part Welding. These parts weld perfectly, and retain their EVA grabability. So you can add these shiny accents of color that are beautiful and functional, without increasing part count at all.

Not exactly: it's the physics parts that matter. When the handrails are going to be physic less parts, then they won't have any impact on the cpu mich makes the welding a bit redundant but it might help a little.