[FAR] Non-game breaking super-sonic decoupling issues...

Shadow_Spark

Whenever i decouple my SRBs during my ascent to LKO, I seem to have issues when going greater than ~340(mach 1) where my boosters, upon decoupling, steer away momentarily before steering back towards the center and disintegrating, though often leaving the center intact.

If i use seperatrons or their more powerful cousins from KWRocketry, then the seperatrons just instantaneously break off and become spinning wheels of fire and solid-fuel. then the SRBs act as previously described, only slightly disrupting flight by adding a very slight roll.

This happens with a variety of nose cones and i think it happened with stock aero, so it might just be a bug in the game. If it's just a bug, any ideas on how to fix it?

Any suggestions?

PS: My guess as to why it might happen(not sure if it's simulated to this extent) is that the expanded fairings from KWRocketry may cause an area of low pressure around the lower sections of the rocket causing the SRBs to be sucked back in towards the center.

Hi.

From what I'm aware, this is new behaviour of some of the decouplers in the last couple of versions of KSP. I don't think it has anything to do with FAR. I know that playing FAR or stock aero, these days I'll usually experiment with sepratron placement and decoupler positioning to try and mitigate the effect.

Technicalfool is right, this is a known bug with the decouplers. Nothing to do with FAR. The effect goes away after 750 M/s. There is a fix. See this thread for details:

Also there is a fix where you can just edit the text files but I don't have the link ATM.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/97285-0-25-Stock-Bug-Fix-Modules-%28Release-v0-1-4c-6-Nov-14%29

Edited by Leszek

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.