Quickload = No Ship, and Disappearing KSC (Can anyone make sense of these logs?)

http://www./folder/0mtub8arzk7b4

It seems that when I quickload ships don't render, and every time I return to the KSC it's gone! Requires a complete restart of KSP to fix. The KSC use to bug out occasionally in the past, but this is like ALL THE TIME now. :(

I keep up with all the mod release threads as best I can so everything should be up to date except for the clouds mod. Problem with it is that the overhaul is bugged way out for me. I did update the RSS dll for better atmo, and I don't have the rings/extra stuff installed, just the cloud/rss configs/textures for it.

I'm more concerned about the non existent ships on quickload problem..... The steps to reproduce are literally quicksave->quickload

Here's the mem use at startup and when the ship disappears:

zNC4Y8R.png

It seems that the ship doesn't render on quickload after changing SOIs. I've only tested QS/QL @ kerbin (works) and QS/QL @ mun after crossing the SOI (ship doesn't show up). Gonna test QS/QL @ mun after returning to the space center first.

EDIT: Just rebooted the game, tracking station, flew the ship around the mun, QS/QL works fine. Switched, in map screen, to a ship around kerbin. QS/QL worked. Switched back to mun ship from the map screen: No ship. I did not return to the KSC during any of that, but when I did after, it was there, just unresponsive other than the esc menu.

Logs from this edits run thru: http://www./folder/4i3ii6z1q5i37

Edited by INSULINt

Hello, have you tried to uninstall some mod to see what's happen ?

After reading the log, I don't know if this can come from these mods but I've seen errors on:

NavHud

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at NavHud.MainBehaviour.OnPreCull () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

KerbalAlarmClock

ArgumentException: Getting control 0's position in a group with only 0 controls when doing Repaint
Aborting
at UnityEngine.GUILayoutGroup.GetNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.BeginLayoutGroup (UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options, System.Type LayoutType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginVertical (UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginVertical (UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KerbalAlarmClock.KerbalAlarmClock.FillWindow (Int32 intWindowID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Clouds

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Clouds.Clouds.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

If I was you, in a first time, I would tried to uninstall these mods, to see what it can happen ;)

I've also seen a Direct3D bug:

HandleD3DDeviceLost
HandleD3DDeviceLost: still lost
Skipped frame because GfxDevice is in invalid state (device lost)

I don't know if this can help but an update on your graphic card driver can be a solution. And a easy solution to know if this can come from DirectX, you can try to force opengl (if you don't know how to do this, you can read this: Less memory usage by using OpenGL)

Edited by Malah

Uhg. That direct3d bug is probably just my gfx card being stupid. Every so often ksp, and other games will freeze, I get audio static, screen goes black for a second and then comes back. It's been like that forever it seems. I've done a clean reinstall of drivers more than once. I always have the latest driver installed, usually beta :/ :)

Did you notice any particular differences in errors/nullrefs between different quickloads?

It might actually be an out-of-memory situation. Even though KSP is supposed to be able to use up to 4GB of memory it can get buggy with as little as 3GB. I know I had very similar issues when I was running out of memory on my Mac a while back (I'd load a vessel and it would be invisible/missing parts). Could you try the following:

1. Backup your KSP folder

2. Remove the biggest part mod you have

3. Launch KSP, start a new sandbox game, and launch a large rocket (take note of your memory usage)

4. Try to reproduce the bug by quicksaving and quickloading excessively (noting memory usage after each save/load cycle)

Edit: Also, a list of the mods you have installed would be useful. :)

Uhg. That direct3d bug is probably just my gfx card being stupid. Every so often ksp, and other games will freeze, I get audio static, screen goes black for a second and then comes back. It's been like that forever it seems. I've done a clean reinstall of drivers more than once. I always have the latest driver installed, usually beta :/ :)

Did you notice any particular differences in errors/nullrefs between different quickloads?

You can try to uninstall the mods that I've write on the previous post and you can also try to uninstall KerbalKonstruct, I've seen an error with this mod, but I can't say if this is the bug you encounter. But you can try ;)

Well. I removed kerbinside because I noticed it was only throwing errors during the last quickload I did the last time, and now it's worse. Like 4% throttle on a 1.81 max twr = zoom worse. I don't even know where to go from here. Stock and reinstall engineer maybe? Sigh.

Here's the logs from this last cluster: http://www./folder/dzpaxjt4bwi33

Edit: the logs are uploaded now :)

Edited by INSULINt

On Windows, if KSP is set to run in full screen and you alt-tab out such that it's no longer the foreground window, it will print that D3D error for every frame until you switch back to KSP.

To avoid this, run in windowed mode. If you want the best of both worlds, use -popupwindow to run in borderless windowed mode (i.e. full screen borderless window).

I don't know why it's taking so long to upload the output_log but ksp.log is up. Just reinstalled EVERYTHING except custom biome, vessel viewer, kerbinside and reverted to using the default environmental enhancements 7-4 only adding in dust storms. No texture management and it starts with 2.9gb usage. Gonna test out stuff, wish me luck

Well, other than the "can't go to space center from flight" bug that I've had come up in a stock install, quickloading seems to work again even across soi changes. Must have been one of the above (biome, viewer, kerbinside), or maybe rss that I had in there from better atmo? I do think the disappearing ksc is clouds tho, as I only remember it cropping up when I have it installed.

Also, the logs from El Kracken are finally up in the folder I linked!

Edited by INSULINt

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.