So the x64 version is buggy?

bjbeardse

I can play x64 just fine...The problems start when I begin inserting mods that have not been recompiled for x64...And basically, very very few of the most essential mods have been recompiled for x64...

Well...Squad is working on a more stable x64 for 0.26...So I hope the modders will join in the wake of the patch and (finally) recompile their scripts...

It's sad to say this, but I might just quit KSP otherwise...Because I can't really run the game the way I like it with the x32's memory limits...And I think I've waited more than enough already...

@almightyr it is up to the devs to make a more stable x64 NOT squad. If you quit because of this that is your choice and i wont bother to try to stop you. Most modders wont bother with dealing with x64 as for a majority of players win 64 ksp just is not reliable yet. Squad pushed 64 bit because we couldnt stop asking for it and its a hot mess. Sorry but its true

@almightyr it is up to the devs to make a more stable x64 NOT squad. If you quit because of this that is your choice and i wont bother to try to stop you. Most modders wont bother with dealing with x64 as for a majority of players win 64 ksp just is not reliable yet. Squad pushed 64 bit because we couldnt stop asking for it and its a hot mess. Sorry but its true

Actually, the Unity devs are the ones responsible for the overall stability of the game engine. Squad just needs to upgrade KSP to a newer version of Unity.

Actually, the Unity devs are the ones responsible for the overall stability of the game engine. Squad just needs to upgrade KSP to a newer version of Unity.

Unless its win 64 stable, an upgrade won't do much other possibly break saves/mods

• 2 weeks later...

The x64 version is the only way to to get all of the Soviet stuff and FASA/Nova/KW, as well as the dependencies. 32-bit cant run all of that even with the aggressive ATM running. I'm starting to think that the 32-bit Unity engine is just not up to it. Is it a polygon count issue or texture issue?

well i'm running, among various other things, KW, B9, Near Future (all modules), Astronomer's VP, and a 2K custom skybox, and that all fits comfortably within the 32-bit version using ATM on pretty mild settings. i don't know why you're running into problems. if x64 really works for you and is stable, however, that's awesome.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.