BOMPs (revived)

Chatterer (0.7.1)

Raster Prop Monitor (0.18.3)

Kerbal Engineer (6.2.12) EDIT: My bad, it was 1.0.11.3

KW Rocketry (2.6d2)

SCANsat (8.0)

VesselView (0.6 RPM)

Reproduction steps:

1. Launch the stock Kerbal X on low graphics settings (so as to not have any noticeable graphics-related lag).

2. Notice the lag spikes that consistently and relentlessly repeat.

3. Launch the rocket and note that the spike length seems proportional to vessel part count.

Log:

Dropbox Link

Note that after the launch KSP was using exactly 2.42GB of ram, which suggests that it is not a memory issue (or at least not one related to the lack thereof).

If any additional information is needed to help me rid myself of these rather annoying lag spikes I would be happy to provide it.

SOLVED: The culprit was Kerbal Engineer 1.0.11.3. Removing this mod stopped the lag.

Edited by Thrfoot

Hello, have you tried to uninstall a mod, to see what's happen ? If I was you, I would tried to uninstall VesselView and if nothing change, I would tried to uninstall RPM. I don't use these mods, I don't know if the lag can come from these.

After removing several mods and relaunching the game, it would seem that the likely culprit is Kerbal Engineer. I will test it one more time with nothing but Kerbal Engineer installed to be sure.

I am now 100% certain that Kerbal Engineer 6.2.12 1.0.11.3 is the cause of the lag spikes. I'll bring this to the mod author's attention, and hopefully it won't be too hard to fix. I use Kerbal Engineer quite a bit, so I really hope it isn't an unsolvable issue.

Regardless, this issue is now technically solved. Thanks for making me test the individual mods Malah; being the lazy person I am I probably wouldn't have tried that. :)

Edited by Thrfoot
Wrong version of Kerbal Engineer

• 3 years later...

This particular problem happened for the original poster nearly four years ago,  so the original problem is presumably long since resolved, and posting any advice now is pretty much guaranteed to be moot. ;)

Locking the thread to prevent any further confusion.  If someone has a current technical problem, feel free to start another thread.