Game locks up with odd view of space centre

This is a problem that's appeared for me in the latest version of KSP. When I start a career game, everything is fine for a while, but as I get further through it and have a few landing sites & space stations something odd happens. The first sign is that the controls freeze when I switch to a new ship. I can't change the view, control the ship or move to the map mode but I can return to the space centre and when I do I get this view of it:

qycv3t.jpg

When this happens I have to close the program through windows as it's now almost frozen. I can revert to the main menu but then it's completely frozen with no way to close it through the game itself.

By this stage in the saved game it takes five or six times to load it as when I open the saved game it usually goes straight to the screen above, meaning I have to quit out and start again. Other saved games load first time until they too get too big and lock up.

I've tried to track it down to one mod but I played a game with just mechjeb, Kerbal alarm clock, precision node and Docking Port Alignment Indicator and it still happened.

Log file is at https://www.dropbox.com/s/kxuvro57bjpqo3c/output_log.txt?dl=0

Any help is greatly appreciated as the game is almost not worth playing now.

Very odd. The only time I ever have this problem is whenever I alt-tab out of the game when it first loads my save from the main menu. The only remedy (at least for me) is not to alt-tab while the game is loading your save and keep the window in focus.

I'm not sure if that'll help you.

I actually got this bug as well and it is an odd one.

1) Parsing my output_log.txt, the only error of any sort is an error that the PotatoRoid part (asteroid) can not be found to spawn. This is on my dev environment and I've deleted that part to make load times quicker so it probably is not related, but it is the only error in the log.

2) Because this was my dev environment, the only mods running were my own and Blizzy's toolbar.

3) The error persisted across games. When the error happened, I was able to quit to main menu with ESC at which point I started a new game. Everything seemed to work except that I loaded into the spacecenter as in the screenshot above.

4) While I have not had enough time to say it is a cause yet, copying the NASAmission folder back into my dev environment and running KSP has both games functioning as normal. (The game I originally got the error on and the new one I created afterwards.

For anyone else getting this error, do you have the NASAmission subfolder intact in your GameData directory?

The only other thing in common between my install and yours is Blizzy's toolbar, but without any errors in the log, I'm not prepared to point a finger at it (or anywhere really).

D.

edit: After a few hours and several loadings back into the game that originally had the problem, it has not reoccured since I copied the NASAmission sub-folder back over. Not conclusive as each load was only for a few minutes of game time to test my mod, but anyone having this issue do see if that helps.

Edited by Diazo

Thanks for all the advice, what I have found is that not moving to other windows while things are loading makes a huge difference. I tend to do other stuff while playing with Kerbal in a window that isn't full screen, so knowing not to jump to other things has made a massive difference and the game is playable again! :cool:

Thanks for all the advice, what I have found is that not moving to other windows while things are loading makes a huge difference. I tend to do other stuff while playing with Kerbal in a window that isn't full screen, so knowing not to jump to other things has made a massive difference and the game is playable again! :cool:

KSP is like the opposite of a weeping angel, it only works when you look at it.

Would be awesome if anyone had the debug tool open at the time (As I don't think you can open it once its in that state) if they could see what InputLocks were active. Will help figure out whats locking the game as I'm pretty sure its an input lock - I can force this to happen with some rubbish code

Would be awesome if anyone had the debug tool open at the time (As I don't think you can open it once its in that state) if they could see what InputLocks were active. Will help figure out whats locking the game as I'm pretty sure its an input lock - I can force this to happen with some rubbish code

This help?

2014-11-25_00004.jpg

• 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.