Munar Colonial and Habitation Mission

I decided to make a large, permanent mun base for all my future munar kerbanauts to live in. I dubbed it the Munar Colonial and Habitation mission, or the 'MCAH' (Micah) Mission. It was a huge pain to fly this sucker, and I doubt it would have been even possible without the fusion engines from Kosmos (which together with NovaPunch made this base). Here are some pictures of the journey!

screenshot3.png

The Kerbal Space Program did not account for large rockets, so Jeb quickly erected scaffolding to raise the MCAH Module above the launch tower.

screenshot6.png

After a bumpy ride (imagine flying a herd of pregnant cattle strapped together with rockets), orbit was achieved.

screenshot8.png

After jettisoning the fusion rockets, the MCAH began aligning itself for touchdown on the moon. (I just eyeball everything, so I missed the moon for 3 orbits...)

screenshot11.png

At around 15000 meters, the descent engines were turned on, given more power as it approached the surface.

screenshot18.png

The MCAH module landed with a nice comfortable vertical velocity of -2m/s.

In order to use the attached file, make sure you have NovaPunch and Kosmos.

...i try to send a Mun station since 2 weeks without success .....and here you are..... Thanks!!! +1 download!!!!

Just so you know, this thing is not easy at all to land.. So use at your own risk :)

• 5 months later...

I'm not sure where to get Kosmos... help please? New to the forums by the way, been playing Kerbal for about 3 months though, love the realisticity of it. I know all the equations for everything so this is a great game to apply those to.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.