[1.2][v0.9.7]Kerbal Live Feed - Interstellar Flight Inc (FORK)

Stavell

New version available, Download link updated in main post.

Version 0.8.2 :

Added KSP Applauncher Icon Support:

Icon hides shows KLF

When hidden ICON flashes when new activity in KLF

Now I just need someone to make cool looking icons :))

I noticed the server source is not provided in your new repository. I was banned from your server for sending a message that was too long. I'd offer to fix this, but your source is not present.

it banned you because you hacked the client to allow you to do that, the limit is there for a reason, its not a bug.

I noticed the server source is not provided in your new repository. I was banned from your server for sending a message that was too long. I'd offer to fix this, but your source is not present.

the server now has a auto ban for anyone who sends more than 256 or so charcters. the reason the server souce isnt included is to keep people from messing with the code to do stuff like killed the older version of klf.

two reasons the source code is not avalible:

1. I Converted it to a windows service application (which would cause problems if you try and compile it at same time as the client and plugin(did not want support headache)

2. ID10T's had decided after I took up support of this mod that it would be fun to modify the client to send messages and other stuff to crash the server.

Without server code public this is now harder to do. A few ruin it for everyone

I Will unban you from the server - BTW anyone that wants to run a server can use the original code to build a console app that will work and I plan to make updates to the code as well as my service app code.

Even fewer can fix it for everyone. :D Any information on what messages were causing the crash? Even without knowing, how about serializing the client-server message from an object, then handle error checking during deserialization on the server? Anything that does not deserialize correctly is simply dropped. Any other kind of abuse can be dealt with at the firewall.

For us Linux and Mac users we would rather use the console app. I will at least start fixing it up to meet certain usability standards and put up a pull request later. I also intend on using a nice code formatting scheme. (e.g. update .gitattributes, no tabs, etc)

Also, any plans to fork through github? I mentioned this already, but your current repo does not retain the original chain. It's not a huge problem, but it's nice to keep a full record.

I understand Linux and Mac like the server as a console. But for me as the HOST with a windows server 2008 blade server. I have to have it as a windows service so I do not have to keep a terminal services window running in order to run the KLF server. I'm currently looking into how to host the code for a console app concurrently with the service app. problem is the console app has console controls. where the service app starts hosting automatically and reads all settings from the config file with no interface for control except START STOP RESTART.

I forked from the original but the code was actually behind your code and when I reverted a couple files - I killed alot of changes and broke the Client - Once I had made changes I could not get them to update to git for some reason so I made a new repo which fixed the problem.

Version 0.8.5

Fixed Editor Lock Debug spam which was inadvertently left in from testing build.

Increased UDP Timeout time.

Whats Next? : Merging code changes with Velusip's code for a unified plugin and support.

Version 0.8.6

Ozraven's fix for Space Center and editor Input Lock.

Whats Next? : Atempting to Merge code changes with Velusip's code for a unified plugin and support.

So... is the server software still available? I would like to run my own chat server to connect to.

This is would be awesome to have our own server for Kerbal Space Academy.

EDIT:

Ahh now I see its only a Windows service only and not available due to issues people caused with it?

Would there be a way to get the server software from you if I have no intention of changes and just use? could this be done privately?

Edited by scerion

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.