[1.12.x] Alcubierre Warp Drive (Stand-alone)

RoverDude

d13sHEu.png

This is what I have. The only real problem I have is using the warp drive in time warp.\ Physics warp works fine. I'm running 1.9.1.

I really want to get Galaxies Unbound to work with Extrasolar and World Beyond... but I can't figure out why the three won't work but that is neither here nor there

On 11/13/2020 at 8:21 AM, wkwied said:

However there appears to be an issue.. if my craft runs out of xenon and I try to use the drive, instead of just not working, it explodes.

Xenon Gas is a requirement for the drive's operation; you can expect an RUD if you try to use it without Xenon aboard. Intentional - not a bug.

Not sure what could be causing the pixelation issues y'all are seeing. Of course, when I use the drive I don't time warp, but then again I've only used it for intrasystem travel to date.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I still haven't tested this since it released, although its been on my top tier of goals end game.

Couple of questions.

1.  Does it deploy or do I have to launch it they way it comes?
2.  Has anyone done an expansion to create different models, sizes or deployable features?
3. Or for realism sake, should I be building this in a sort of orbital shipyard.  (That opens another can of worms.)

5 hours ago, UAL002 said:

I still haven't tested this since it released, although its been on my top tier of goals end game.

Couple of questions.

1.  Does it deploy or do I have to launch it they way it comes?
2.  Has anyone done an expansion to create different models, sizes or deployable features?
3. Or for realism sake, should I be building this in a sort of orbital shipyard.  (That opens another can of worms.)

1.  There are deployable versions included.

2.  I think there was at least one other mod, not sure if it is active.

3.  Whatever works for you - bear in mind the drive needs to be spun up in orbit anyway

• 4 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Hadron27 said:

Whenever i try to use the drive it fails i have batteries and xenon and solar panels and even with the mk 1 command pod it doesnt work how do i use it

Do i need to install anything else then the base mod?

1.  Nothing else required.

2.  Do not try to to exotic matter generation and engage the drive at the same time.

3.  you need to be in a high orbit for it to work.  If in doubt, go higher ;)

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Doctorhmjgaming said:

which files do you need to download, and where do you put them? I've downloaded all three and tried putting them in the gamedata and squad folder but it's not working... No one else seems to be having trouble but I can't figure out how to get it to work :p

Download from the link in the first post

HuGuNdB.png

and place the contents of the gamedata directory in the zip under the gamedata directory in your ksp install

hrzQrbB.png

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.