[1.12.x] Alcubierre Warp Drive (Stand-alone)

RoverDude

What happens if you EVA a Kerbal while the warp bubble is active? Is it theoretically possible to service the outside of the ship while traveling faster than light? That would be awesome. :)

Also, is there a way to control how big the warp bubble is?

1. You die.

2. Via configs if you want to mess with it, but bear in mind bubble size is one of the few balance levers this thing has ;)

What happens if you EVA a Kerbal while the warp bubble is active? Is it theoretically possible to service the outside of the ship while traveling faster than light? That would be awesome. :)
1. You die.

Moving everything within the boundaries of the bubble and not just the ship the drive is attached to has a kind of intuitive cool factor to it. I suspect the kraken would have something to say if anyone tried to code it, though.

Moving everything within the boundaries of the bubble and not just the ship the drive is attached to has a kind of intuitive cool factor to it. I suspect the kraken would have something to say if anyone tried to code it, though.

You would drift outside of the bubble, then die.

I experimented some problems with warp drive 0.625m.

First one, while warping, I managed to check my direction in mapview and suddenly... BOOOM! navball went crazy and I couldn't control anything. passing on standard view to see what happened and it appeared that my ship tried mitosis with a good success (almost all parts were ont both ships) but both were deadweight even if there were probe core on each. I tried to came back to KSC and... nope. And when I relaucnched the game and jump to both, game was just dead as they were.

Second one, well since picture are more effectives...

Shake it baby!

yeah I know it's not a great design and the Universal Storage look messed up already but it's due to the previous warp jump. That shakes so much I fear the ship falls in zillion pieces.

RoverDude, first I want to thank you for the extraordinary work you've done to make this game more fun for me - I have installed and use pretty much all of your mods, and they are pretty sweet.

Unfortunately I too have experienced a bug involving WarpDrive. It appears to have something to do with a SOI change.

If I switch SOIs either by loading a ship in the space center or moving through it on another ship, then the bug occurs.

Everything seems normal until I try to timewarp.

Once I've started timewarp, the ship seems to freeze in space - nothing changes whether it be velocity or position.

I tried to uninstall Warp Drive to fix this, but the game crashed every time I switched to my ship travelling

from Kerbin to Mun with a SOI change in the future. Reinstalling it fixed this, but the bug still exists.

Another case that just occurred - I was launching a ship, approaching my apoapsis, around 85k I started to timewarp, and the ship froze - but now the apoapsis continues to increase whilst the ship's velocity stays the same (as does its position)

Thanks again, looking forward to seeing more of your work in the future through 0.90 and beyond.

Unfortunately I too have experienced a bug involving WarpDrive. It appears to have something to do with a SOI change.

If I switch SOIs either by loading a ship in the space center or moving through it on another ship, then the bug occurs.

Everything seems normal until I try to timewarp.

Once I've started timewarp, the ship seems to freeze in space - nothing changes whether it be velocity or position.

I have some ideas, but in the interim please confirm you are on the latest version.

Edited by Master Tao
remove off-topic quote

Another awesome mod from RoverDude!

I'm just worried about something : "parts outside of it (both on your own ship and others) will be destroyed"

does that mean that if use it,all my other ships will get destroyed,or just those close to the warping ship?

Funny part is if you track this page for compatibility:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/55401-Community-Mods-and-Plugins-Library

When rover updates his mods, suddenly half of mods become 0.90 compatible ;-)

Awesome work Rover, thx for all your mods :-)

@Rover - may i just suggest that on USI main page, you add link to All-in-one pack, together with list what is included (i.e. if single part releases like alcubierre drive, or safety light etc are included also)

Edited by Grunf911

Another awesome mod from RoverDude!

I'm just worried about something : "parts outside of it (both on your own ship and others) will be destroyed"

does that mean that if use it,all my other ships will get destroyed,or just those close to the warping ship?

Any other ship/kerbal in the warp bubble, or any parts of the warping ship that is outside of the bubble, will explode violently.

No no, don't worry! if all of your ships were destroyed, this wouldn't be a very popular mod, no?

@Rover - may i just suggest that on USI main page, you add link to All-in-one pack, together with list what is included (i.e. if single part releases like alcubierre drive, or safety light etc are included also)

This mod has more than one part :P

Edited by Bacon_commando

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.