[1.12.x] Alcubierre Warp Drive (Stand-alone)

RoverDude

Hey, i may have found a bug with this in 1.02, at least for me, when i tried to fire up the drive at sufficient altitude with full exotic-matter but not enough EC to run it, (lol oops) it loaded the warp bubble ( and blew up a solar panel), but didn't turn it off when the drive shut down. It did after i fiddled with it some, but didn't appear to be a normal occurrence. Also, shouldn't there be a fail-safe that you can't activate the drive without enough EC? :D As much as i DO like 'splosions...

For some reason the drive doesnt stay on? i click "activate engine" and the warp bubble appears, but immediately shrinks

Got enough fuel for it? Are you high enough? Give us enough info straight off for us to help you. Doling out info in bits and pieces means people have to keep track of multiple conversations at once.

I am currently trying to make the equations more accurate for this so that the fact that you can use it to do some very unrealistic things, though you would have to purposely try to do them, will be gone. Just a few more kinks to work out and I will have helaeon test it and get it up if it works on his machine. So look forward to a little more realism in it some time Soon

i'd totally love a way to make fields bigger - maybe with the trade-off that they will use up energy/exotic matter exponentially faster. maybe even as a one-way-trip jump pack, that gets that lathe colony going.

For some reason the drive doesnt stay on? i click "activate engine" and the warp bubble appears, but immediately shrinks

Are you outside of 1 planetary radius when you try and turn the warp drive on? So for Kerbin you are at 600km altitude or greater? Likely in your right click menu it says "failsafe 600km"

This isn't compatible with 1.xx. The tech tree required in the config is "experimentalRocketry" and that tech node does not exist any longer.

I manually edited the config file to fix this, but I don't know why there hasn't been an update. This issue has been brought up more than once over the last week. You even directly replied to someone mentioning this problem, but you only answered part of his question and completely ignored this issue.

Its obviously an easy fix, I don't understand why its been looked over.

This isn't compatible with 1.xx. The tech tree required in the config is "experimentalRocketry" and that tech node does not exist any longer.

I manually edited the config file to fix this, but I don't know why there hasn't been an update. This issue has been brought up more than once over the last week. You even directly replied to someone mentioning this problem, but you only answered part of his question and completely ignored this issue.

Yup, known issue. Will be fixed in the next version. It hasn't been overlooked.

This would be because I'm an incredibly busy person who manages a lot of different mods. And I assume someone logged a github issue?

Hi, I'm playing in career mode and I can't find the warp engines in the ultra high energy physics tech tree node(I'm using CTT). I'd like to know if its just me or there is more people with this problem.

The CTT config was made "back in the day" when TechManager was needed to modify the tree. It isn't anymore, but the patch still calls for TechManager, so it won't execute. It's being fixed on the various USI mods as updates roll out.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.