[1.12.x] Alcubierre Warp Drive (Stand-alone)

RoverDude

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there,

I have been using this interesting mod lately, and I would like to suggest an addition to the drive, a control panel, where you can set some instruction for to stop the drive when the amount of EM is too low, maybe automate the process of to doing more EM and continue , something that can run on its own so you can go to other scene on the game and do whatever else like the "bon voyage" mod does with rovers, by example, in that way you don´t have to stay for 5 or 6 hours (really..) waiting for the ship to arrive.

just my two cents on some idea that I think it can improve it.

cheers,

Edited by Makrom

• 3 weeks later...

Version 112.0.1 of our warp drive mod has been released, and the thread has been updated to reflect the updated download location and KSP version supported.  CKAN should also be catching up for those of you who use it.  You can also nab the latest release here:

https://github.com/UmbraSpaceIndustries/WarpDrive/releases

This is pretty much what was in the bleeding edge releases for 1.11, plus a few small tweaks - including fixing those pesky drag cubes!  Barring any major issues, this is likely going to be the release we stick with for the foreseeable future, as @@DoktorKrogg and I are both neck deep in a new indie game we're both working on :)   

So while we're totally still around and active in the forums and on the USI discord, I would not anticipate any major new USI releases, at least in the short term, though there are still a few major things we both want to knock out (including updating all of the wheels, and some other large system changes).

Lastly, a couple of handy links.  First, the discord server for all things USI (though this also covers our new game as well), and a reminder that I'll be doing a bunch of streaming around game dev (mostly the art side, so Blender, Substance, Unity, etc.). though it's going to be exclusively work on the new game, vs KSP stuff.  

Discord:  https://discord.gg/FNBwUXRgX8

Twitch:  https://www.twitch.tv/RoverDude

Enjoy!  And make sure to let us know if any bees got into the build process.  If so, we'll do a fast follower in a week or two if necessary to update the releases.

• 3 months later...
5 hours ago, JebkeN said:

@로버두드 how to change warp height limit lower?

If I understand what you're asking correctly, you need to go into the configuration file(s) of whatever engine you want to affect. Find the attribute "MinAltitude" and adjust it downward from its default value.

Frankly, I'd leave it as it is myself. Using warp drive in the vicinity of a planet or moon can be a good way to put a craft on a terminal course with things as they are. Or just smack one outright.

Edited by capi3101

3 hours ago, JebkeN said:

@capi3101thank you. and... how to change max warp speed to up?:wink:

Same file, look for "WarpFactor". Default is 6 (meaning 6 times light speed). There's also one called "TurboMult" that you can fiddle with but you don't want to make that one too large (there's even a note in the file to that effect).

Hello everyone. I would like to know the exact explanation of each option in .cfg part file in module section, eg. WarpFactor, GravFactor etc. Of course, if that's not a problem. Just a brief one. There is in fact an explanation for some options, but others are a bit confusing for me :blush2: . Thanks guys. ;p

• 6 months later...
4 hours ago, BravoAlpha101st said:

Always explodes when I try to generate Exotic Matter? I have an extremely large solar array with Near Future solar arrays

Is the drive on?  Solar is not going to be enough to sustain operations.  

6 hours ago, BravoAlpha101st said:

Always explodes when I try to generate Exotic Matter? I have an extremely large solar array with Near Future solar arrays

Solar won't be enough, not unless you're in close proximity to Kerbol anyway (like within Moho's orbit). But yeah, don't try to operate the drive and recharge exotic matter at the same time. It doesn't work out.

• 1 month later...

I just built a huge ship with 28 Near Future nukes for power. It maintains the energy just fine but the exotic matter conversion doesn't keep up so it will run for 54 minutes without stopping for charge.  I am using the 3.75m Z-Model. The question I have is what is the top speed on it? I added the Strange New Worlds mod. At present calculations it's going to take me 25 days of around the clock play to get there. It's only supposed to be a little over 4 light years away. Something isn't adding up here :huh:. Is there any way to get this going any faster?

1 hour ago, Nuggzy said:

I just built a huge ship with 28 Near Future nukes for power. It maintains the energy just fine but the exotic matter conversion doesn't keep up so it will run for 54 minutes without stopping for charge.  I am using the 3.75m Z-Model. The question I have is what is the top speed on it? I added the Strange New Worlds mod. At present calculations it's going to take me 25 days of around the clock play to get there. It's only supposed to be a little over 4 light years away. Something isn't adding up here :huh:. Is there any way to get this going any faster?

Mess with the config at your own risk.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.