Persistant Crew

This may, by a stretch go along with "Better crew management " in the "what not to suggest" category, but I feel it's an unrelated issue. If I'm wrong, I apologize.

I would like to see crews saved when building ships. For example, having 2 parts that have room for crew, getting ready to launch you want them in only one (but it defaults to the other, "starting" pod). Set the crew and hit launch.

Well I forgot something, back to the VAB, fix it, and launch again. Well now the Kerbals have changed seats like a class of 3rd graders messing with a substitute teacher.

It happens too when switching from part placement, to crew manager, back to part placement. And if you don't catch it right away it can have profound effects on a mission...or sanity.

It was stated on recent weekly dev reports that this feature will come on the next version of the game.

It will be as persistent as it can get, and only be cleaned when you delete the pod.

And it seems that the persistency will even count if you copy the part with ALT+LMB or place with simmetry.

It was stated on recent weekly dev reports that this feature will come on the next version of the game.

It will be as persistent as it can get, and only be cleaned when you delete the pod.

And it seems that the persistency will even count if you copy the part with ALT+LMB or place with simmetry.

No offence, but this gets suggested about every other week. I am pretty sure SQUAD is aware of this.

In the mean time you might want to use RealRoster.

Edit: Ninja'd

I see, well I don't frequent the suggestion forums, but if it is suggested so often, perhaps it should be included in the "already suggested" sticky that I read to avoid a repost, and highlighted green as "planned".

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.