[1.10.x] SafeChute v2.1.20 (continued)

hab136

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey Hab, thx for the mod. :) Just wanted to say, that I get an exception with safechute on a new 1.2.2 install by putting a HECS probe onto the launchpad. Any idea why?

Spoiler

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

Exception handling event onVesselStandardModification in class SafeChuteModule:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at GenesisRage.SafeChuteModule.ListChutes (.Vessel gameEventVessel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EventData`1[Vessel].Fire (.Vessel data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at GenesisRage.SafeChuteModule.ListChutes (.Vessel gameEventVessel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EventData`1[Vessel].Fire (.Vessel data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
EventData`1:Fire(Vessel)
FlightGlobals:OnVesselEvent(Vessel)
EventData`1:Fire(Vessel)
Vessel:Initialize(Boolean)
ShipConstruction:AssembleForLaunch(ShipConstruct, String, String, Game, VesselCrewManifest)
FlightDriver:Start()

(Filename:  Line: -1)

[Untitled Space Craft]: Ready to Launch - waiting to start physics...

1 hour ago, Jebs_SY said:

Hey Hab, thx for the mod. :) Just wanted to say, that I get an exception with safechute on a new 1.2.2 install by putting a HECS probe onto the launchpad. Any idea why?

Thanks for reporting this.  After looking at it, the error is harmless, but I've gone ahead and added a fix.  No need to update unless the error annoys you. :)

v2.1.6
[Updated] - Fix a NullReferenceException in the log

Download: Curse, SpaceDockGithub

• 4 months later...

v2.1.7 is up, just recompiled for KSP 1.3.  Since RealChute and FAR are not updated for 1.3 yet, I only tested against stock chutes.  I don't expect any issues once they do update.

• 3 months later...
10 minutes ago, Nightside said:

Hi @hab136,

I discovered an incompatibility with the parachutes in the SSTU mod, Safechute is not triggered when approaching touchdown. 

They use a custom module called SSTUModularParachute. Would it be possible to add compatibility for the next release, maybe when 1.3.1 rolls around?

Should be possible; I'll take a look!

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/26/2017 at 6:51 PM, Nightside said:

Hi @hab136,

I discovered an incompatibility with the parachutes in the SSTU mod, Safechute is not triggered when approaching touchdown. 

They use a custom module called SSTUModularParachute. Would it be possible to add compatibility for the next release, maybe when 1.3.1 rolls around?

I looked at it and a small change on their end would make it a lot easier to support.  I've asked for that change in a pull request.

In the meantime I've released SafeChute v2.1.8 for KSP 1.3.1.  No code changes, just recompiled and bumped the version.

• 1 month later...

@Nightside

SafeChute v2.1.9 is released with initial support for SSTU.  Stops timewarp on main chute deployment.

SSTU does parachutes differently from everything else unfortunately.

• Stock chutes: 1 PartModule = 1 chute
  • FAR chutes: 1 PartModule = 1 chute
  • RealChutes: 1 PartModule = 1 chute
  • SSTU: 1 PartModule = 2 chutes

For the other kinds, a PartModule is either deployed or it's not.  SSTU PartModules can be in a "deployed" state for the drogue chute, then not deployed, then in a "deployed" state again for the main chute, which totally breaks the workflow.  As a shortcut I've ignored the drogue chute for now.

I've got some ideas how to solve it (so timewarp stops on both drogue and main chute deployment) but that will have to wait for another day.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
On 12/14/2017 at 12:44 AM, hab136 said:

@Nightside

SafeChute v2.1.9 is released with initial support for SSTU.  Stops timewarp on main chute deployment.

SSTU does parachutes differently from everything else unfortunately.

• Stock chutes: 1 PartModule = 1 chute
  • FAR chutes: 1 PartModule = 1 chute
  • RealChutes: 1 PartModule = 1 chute
  • SSTU: 1 PartModule = 2 chutes

For the other kinds, a PartModule is either deployed or it's not.  SSTU PartModules can be in a "deployed" state for the drogue chute, then not deployed, then in a "deployed" state again for the main chute, which totally breaks the workflow.  As a shortcut I've ignored the drogue chute for now.

I've got some ideas how to solve it (so timewarp stops on both drogue and main chute deployment) but that will have to wait for another day.

Can you tell me what is "SSTU", "FAR chutes" is? Ferram Aerospace Research = FAR? Stock Something... I don't know... I don't know adain... = SSTU? :)

8 hours ago, V0lchik said:

Can you tell me what is "SSTU", "FAR chutes" is? Ferram Aerospace Research = FAR? Stock Something... I don't know... I don't know adain... = SSTU? :)

SSTU (Shadow Space Technologies Unlimited) is a parts pack that comes with their own parachute parts.

FAR (Ferram Aerospace Research) replaces the stock aerodynamics with its own, and also changes how parachutes work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
21 hours ago, Bombaatu said:

Just curious but is this still being maintained? It was working up through 1.5.1 but has stopped functioning with 1.6.

Thanks for the reminder.  I haven't had any time for anything between starting a new job in November and then the holidays. :(

It should be just a recompile, let me see if I can knock it out now.

36 minutes ago, hab136 said:

Thanks for the reminder.  I haven't had any time for anything between starting a new job in November and then the holidays. :(

It should be just a recompile, let me see if I can knock it out now.

Updated now at SpaceDock and GitHub.  There's some account issue with Curse, so that's not updated yet.  Links on the main page :) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

o/

I was wondering if this mod was still supported? :)

I'm having an issue with it in a 2.7x scaled solar system (Gallileo's new JNSQ)

For whatever reason it just doesn't take you out of timewarp on chute deployment or at the minimum altitude set in the config - but Idk if the mod actually works in 1.7.1. I haven't played KSP since 1.4.5 and this was one of my favorites :)

Figured out the issue, it was another mod conflicting by changing the name of chutes. I'll get ahold of that mods author :)

Edited by danshu15
Solved

4 hours ago, danshu15 said:

o/

I was wondering if this mod was still supported? :)

I'm having an issue with it in a 2.7x scaled solar system (Gallileo's new JNSQ)

For whatever reason it just doesn't take you out of timewarp on chute deployment or at the minimum altitude set in the config - but Idk if the mod actually works in 1.7.1. I haven't played KSP since 1.4.5 and this was one of my favorites :)

Figured out the issue, it was another mod conflicting by changing the name of chutes. I'll get ahold of that mods author :)

What mod?

hey @hab136 @Nightside and @danshu15,

here's the source code of the mod

https://github.com/Sigma88/Sigma-TweakChutes

the one included in JNSQ is v0.1.0 however v0.2.0 is basically the same with some more features

I don't really like how the mod works, it was still in development but it got released in JNSQ which got me a bit by surprise

I am trying to see if I can manage to get the mod to work without replacing the Parachute modules, I will let you know if I can find any solutions

Any help you might be able to provide is definitely apreciated

The purpose of the mod is to avoid triggering full deployment before the semi deployment has been triggered.

v0.2.0 also adds the option to change the min/max/scale values of the sliders

Edited by Sigma88

5 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

hey @hab136 @Nightside and @danshu15,

here's the source code of the mod

https://github.com/Sigma88/Sigma-TweakChutes

the one included in JNSQ is v0.1.0 however v0.2.0 is basically the same with some more features

I don't really like how the mod works, it was still in development but it got released in JNSQ which got me a bit by surprise

I am trying to see if I can manage to get the mod to work without replacing the Parachute modules, I will let you know if I can find any solutions

Any help you might be able to provide is definitely apreciated

The purpose of the mod is to avoid triggering full deployment before the semi deployment has been triggered.

v0.2.0 also adds the option to change the min/max/scale values of the sliders

Ah, all very cool features. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Nightside said:

Ah, all very cool features. Thanks.

Looks great!

Tested fine - but someone who isn't using research bodies (I'm avoiding spoilers on everything outside Mun/Minmus for myself and the stream) could test this on a thin atmosphere planet - and also it wouldn't hurt to test it with SSTU :)

Great work tho