WIP - Environmental Visual Enhancements Development

rbray89

3 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

Well it is the only planet that it isn't working on. Updated it to the new layout and no luck. Everything else is working fine though.

Logs would be the next required item. What does the GUI say? Any invalid fields?

Gotcha, here yah go. And I don't have anything red in the GUI, the only thing that says Invalid is Invalid Name but I get that for everything.

output_log.txt

KSP.log

clouds.cfg (in case you want to look at it)

Just updated the links, don't know why they copied like that...

Edited by Nhawks17

ok did some decent testing for the current buiild  for u.

1. Current build gave black sky if had scatter installed.

2. the see thru windows didnt want to work for me i keep getting  invisible outer texture of the whole capsule for lander cans and the pods didnt have anything( when this happned i noted rpm thowing a error. didn ttest without rpm thou)JFiZ8u7

3. when u drop a part back into side to get rid of it in ediot u get a 1-2sec freeze as it unloads.

ok next i tested on 3 different ksp buiilds  stock,heavy modded, and 64 bit hack(i know not supported i just tested since i have a working install)

ram usage (dx-11)  all 3 wher roughly the same at aroundd 40-60% ram reduction.

load times

load times became 4 times longer but on stock(didnt have ATM installed on it)

Conclusion

Very good work justs neds more tweaking and such. It needs a exclude funtion as i think the issue with rpm might be it cant load the textures  right. There is a shader conlfict with  scatter but sure u 2 work that out.

Way i see it even current form it will give people extended play time on heavy modded builds but down side is when u put ship together u risk sudden ctd in areas u didnt before due to sudden rise in the texture being loaded. My average load times on both my normal and 64bit hack  heavy modded where arouond 20min from hitting ksp.exe to start screen.

Edited by sidfu

9 minutes ago, sidfu said:

ok did some decent testing for the current buiild  for u.

1. Current build gave black sky if had scatter installed.

2. the see thru windows didnt want to work for me i keep getting  invisible outer texture of the whole capsule for lander cans and the pods didnt have anything( when this happned i noted rpm thowing a error. didn ttest without rpm thou)JFiZ8u7

3. when u drop a part back into side to get rid of it in ediot u get a 1-2sec freeze as it unloads.

ok next i tested on 3 different ksp buiilds  stock,heavy modded, and 64 bit hack(i know not supported i just tested since i have a working install)

ram usage (dx-11)  all 3 wher roughly the same at aroundd 40-60% ram reduction.

load times

load times became 4 times longer but on stock(didnt have ATM installed on it)

Conclusion

Very good work justs neds more tweaking and such. It needs a exclude funtion as i think the issue with rpm might be it cant load the textures  right. There is a shader conlfict with  scatter but sure u 2 work that out.

Way i see it even current form it will give people extended play time on heavy modded builds but down side is when u put ship together u risk sudden ctd in areas u didnt before due to sudden rise in the texture being loaded. My average load times on both my normal and 64bit hack  heavy modded where arouond 20min from hitting ksp.exe to start screen.

Awesome! Thanks for the feedback. Been working on an update... The transparent windows don't show yet as I have yet to include the textures.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Is Laythe supposed to have cities? I can't find a way to turn them off.

Pictures of what I'm seeing:

bGSh1Ve.jpg

NZ64et2.jpg

This is in KSP 1.1.2, with E.V.E. that I downloaded on April 28.

Edited by Brotoro

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.