[1.0.2](May 09/15) Actions Everywhere: Action Group it all, w/ Crossfeed Control

Diazo

This is awesome! I've wanted the ability to lock resources and toggle crossfeeding with action groups for ages. This mod is going to vastly improve my flight experience with some of my more complicated designs. Needing to quickly unlock resources on 4, 8, 16, etc Monoprop tanks mid flight is no fun. Action Groups Extended has already been an essential mod for me for a while. I'm pretty sure this mod is going to be another must have mod for all of my different KSP installs.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm. I did not think to test those and that means they are handling resources differently as they are procedural.

However, it should be a simple ModuleManager tweak to fix. Find the part.cfg file in the GameData\Diazo\ActsEW directory and add the following code to the end of it. (Making a new .cfg file such as part2.cfg with just this code should work also.)

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[TankContentSwitcher]]:Final
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleResourceActions
}
}

I'm at work and can't actually test this, but procedural tanks have a custom resource module that was not being detected and so the needed partModule to lock resources was not getting added. This should fix that and now add the Resource Lock option to procedural tanks.

At least for the Procedural Parts mod, that is the current version of procedural tanks correct?

D.

Thanks, but it's still not working for procedural parts. Same as earlier: toggle crossfeed works just fine, but the option to toggle resources isn't there.

And yes, the old stretchy tanks mod was superceded by procedural parts a long time ago. (Long time in game mod versions, anyway.)

Odd. I took another look and it looks like there are different module names.

Can you try adding the following to the module manager config?

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[TankContentSwitcher]]:Final
{
MODULE
{
}
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleFuelTanks]]:Final
{
MODULE
{
}
}

If that does not work, what part are you using? If you are able to open that part's part.cfg, what partModule looks like it is handling the fuel storage?

D.

Success! It works perfectly. Now instead of spending several seconds clicking on my spaceplane's internal fuel tanks after jettisoning the external tank, I just hit one action group. I love that I can configure it in the SPH so the resources start out locked. Thank you very much! :D

Good to hear.

I'll update the release on the front page this weekend when I get a minute with this.

D.

edit: Added the Procedural.cfg modulemanager config link to the first post. Not part of the main .zip yet, I don't want to push a new version just for this.

Edited by Diazo

Version 1.1

-KSP 0.90 Recompile

-Add Procedural Parts moduleManager config to first post download.

No functionality or code changes here, everything looks good on the tests I ran.

I just did a recompile against the new version of KSP and added the Procedural Parts module manager config file to the main .zip download in the first post.

D.

Can I just say this mod is fantastic. As you may know I'm working on a very ambitious simpit (back on the project now the baby is a bit older!) and between Xitronen's plugin, Action Groups extended and this mod I am able to have every single switch in the cockpit functional (eventually about 70 switches). Great work!

Version 1.2

Download here.

-Add RCS/SAS on/off commands.

-Add new SAS heading commands for autopilot.

Note that as all these new commands are added to the ModuleCommand partModule, I am starting to get worried about the number of actions in terms of displaying them on screen.

Because of that I did not add RCS/SAS toggle commands, just on/off commands.

Are people finding that there are now too many actions to look through when assigning them?

Note this is a user interface thing only, KSP itself can handle as many actions on a part as I throw at it.

D.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this is possible but is there any way to include controls for resource transfer in this mod? Obviously with the normal mouse method you have to right click on two parts before the transfer is possible, but I was thinking maybe a hotkey to drain all fuel from a specific tank into any available space elsewhere? I'd love to be able to dock my ship and just hit a button to refuel from a station!

EDIT - maybe it could work alongside action groups extended? So if you select a fuel tank you can set a "transfer out" action group which will cause the tank to push fuel out to available space in other parts... same with a battery, mono prop etc.

Edited by Mulbin

Erg, I'm going to have to say no.

The reason being is that with just action groups, how do you control where the fuel flows to for a "Drain Tank" action, and where the fuel comes from for a "Fill Tank" action? You really need a fuel/resource level management mod for this.

I could easily see a situation where you "Fill Tanks" on two tanks in each wing of your spaceplane and they start feeding resources back and forth without actually drawing resources from the station.

This really needs a mod of its own. I have used TAC Fuel Balancer myself before for fuel management, does that work for this?

D.

Tac has the function, you can select a tank and pump in or out, it just grabs it evenly from all other tanks... which is exactly what I need. What it doesn't have is a hotkey. As ever my interest is based on my simpit build, if it doesnt have a hotkey I cant use it. :)

The problem you mentioned with more then one tank on yout ship is already solved by your existing mods... if you have action groups extended and actions everywhere installed you can simply lock the fuel flow on the other tank.

Edited by Mulbin

First, I've got the fix up, please grab version 1.2a to disable those messages.

Download here.

That is the debug logging I used to add the new SAS actions in Version 1.2, but it was supposed to be disabled before I released it and it looks like I missed it.

Sorry about that.

On the plus side, this would have had no gameplay effects, at worst it might have slowed things down under load because writing to the log file is a relatively large performance hit and this debug logging was spamming dozens of lines a second.

D.

That is the plan.

Note that due to the mechanics of how it is going to work, it is going to be a separate mod with it's own GUI windows as for any sort of sensible user interface, the per-vessel stuff like that needs to be handled differently then this mod which is per-part stuff just added to action groups.

No promises on timeline though, I've got several things on the go at the moment.

D.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a question... however, I'm still playing 0.25:

I want to disable some control surfaces during the ascent phase. I'm using FAR, RSS and well... a lot of mods.

However, I never see the option to disable yaw/pitch/roll in flight. I only see the FAR interface for that in the VAB.

(You know, Pitch%, Roll%...)

Installing version 1.0 of your mod (0.25 release) didn't change anything. Has anyone got an idea what I'd have to do to make it work?

Hmm, I thought FAR had those available so I did not add them in for the wings using FAR code, only for wings using the stock lifting code.

I'll take a look, I'm not sure I have a working 0.25 install any more though.

D.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.