[0.25] NEBULA space engineering - Decals Update! Quality fix + more.

Krasimir

I cant get this to work on 0.90.. got tweakscale and everything. Any idea anyone?

Sounds like you are missing a up to date Firespitter.plugin

EDIT- Or you installed it wrong file path should be KSP/GameData/NEBULA

Edited by Mecripp2

Sounds like you are missing a up to date Firespitter.plugin

EDIT- Or you installed it wrong file path should be KSP/GameData/NEBULA

Got the same install folder and have the newest firespitter plugin. Also tried it with the one that was provided with this download.. so I'm at a loss

• 1 month later...

How about a procedural version of the stencil where you don't need to create a new image for each sticker. Like typing in text/number and having it as a sticker, maybe with font and color options.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/28/2015 at 8:08 PM, Gorignak said:

How about a procedural version of the stencil where you don't need to create a new image for each sticker. Like typing in text/number and having it as a sticker, maybe with font and color options.

Hey - I was actually just thinking about this mod the other day... I really enjoyed using it, and made lots of custom decals for my previous play through of KSP.  It was always kind of a chore making custom decals, so I'm starting some basic work on an expansion to my "Kerbal Mission Patch Template", with Neblula Decals in mind... please forgive the thinking out loud here... basically you'll be able to create custom decals for Nebula using some easy to use templates, similar to the ones I made for mission patches and flags:

atvhxLV.png

The Nebula version will need to have a different template for each size, and probably instructions (similar to above) to let you easily export your svgs into the game as the kind of files Nebula needs...

Currently I'm not sure if I want to repackage and re-release Nebula (which the very friendly license DOES actually allow), or just release a template pack. I contacted the mod creator through the forums and haven't heard back from him in some time unfortunately.  I was hoping to get his blessing on it before I did anything with it!  Does anyone have any interest in cleaning up Nebula and re-releasing it on their own?  I'm not a programmer, but I can probably manage something.  I'd much rather work on my project by basing it off of a modern, up to date mod.  Here's some stuff I did with the original Nebula for my previous playthrough:

Space Taxi decals for the side of MK2 planes:

screenshot662.png

NASA style wing markings for my Crew Shuttles:

screenshot375.png

"Caution", "No Step" and other stickers:

screenshot839.png

I also used this mod to put deep space plaques on things:   (meh, not the best pic)

screenshot1301.png

Anyway, just a couple of the things I had planned for this.

Again, if anyone's interested in re-doing Nebula Decals I'd really appreciate it!  It is a lot of fun for people that like to customize their aircraft/ships/etc.  If no one who knows what they're doing jumps on it, I'll do my best to release it on my own! :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 29.07.2016 at 4:06 AM, Saybur Stuff said:

Again, if anyone's interested in re-doing Nebula Decals I'd really appreciate it!  It is a lot of fun for people that like to customize their aircraft/ships/etc.  If no one who knows what they're doing jumps on it, I'll do my best to release it on my own! :)

Definitely interested!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/15/2016 at 0:31 AM, Smart Parts Wanter said:

Anyone know if this works with 1.1.3?

Yeah it works. I have it installed.

I think it is only dependent on the Firespitter Plugin which you can get here.

Make sure you delete the Firespitter that is in this download, it is obviously outdated.

Edited by Murican_Jeb

• 1 month later...

I'm really glad you just said that @COL.R.Neville. Some of my ships feel naked and a tad barren without this mod. :D

I love this mod that it lets you fill in at 99% every other place where you want your flag to show big and bright but can't stick a stock FAT tail wing on it.

gTnRDDq.jpg 

qq2N59k.jpg 

Stock wing:

vA6Qb3n.jpg

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, MeCripp said:

Here is alittle update https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72893034/NEBULA.zip

Changed
TechRequired = start
PhysicsSignificance = 0

Added

bulkheadProfiles = srf
tags = NEBULA Decals
DRAG_CUBE
{
	none = True
}

All Credit to Krasimir

License: CC BY-NC-SA 4.0

Since @Krasimir hasnt' been around since Apr 8, would you be interested in adopting this?

Or, if not, would you like me to do a formal release with credit to you and Krasimir?