Greetings from NJ

linuxgurugamer

NJ as in New Jersey? That's where I live down south in Berlin. ( Camden county ). As for what your missing it sounds like missions. You gotta collect that science. Do some sub orbital flights and gather science from different parts of Kerbin for starters. Should all compound from there.

• 2 weeks later...

After you achieve orbit, I found the easiest science to attain is from easy contracts like testing components 'landed' at Kerbin. Literally create a one-part 'rocket' and 'launch' it on the pad to test it. BAM, easy science. Also, once you progress further, I'd suggest skipping the Mun and aiming for Minmus instead. It's a LOT easier to land and takeoff from, with its flat lakebeds, and you can get a lot more science in one trip. It's only a bit more challenging to reach than the Mun.

Also, I'm from Montgomery, so we're pretty much neighbors!

Welcome to the KSP forums linuxgurugamer :)

It's good to see more Linux users playing KSP!

I actually play it in Windows and OSX. My day job is Linux related, but I find that games tend to play better in Windows.

- - - Updated - - -

After you achieve orbit, I found the easiest science to attain is from easy contracts like testing components 'landed' at Kerbin. Literally create a one-part 'rocket' and 'launch' it on the pad to test it. BAM, easy science. Also, once you progress further, I'd suggest skipping the Mun and aiming for Minmus instead. It's a LOT easier to land and takeoff from, with its flat lakebeds, and you can get a lot more science in one trip. It's only a bit more challenging to reach than the Mun.

Also, I'm from Montgomery, so we're pretty much neighbors!

Not sure what you mean by testing components.

• 6 years later...
4 minutes ago, Minmus Taster said:

Wow a new user, we don't get these often :) welcome aboard and I hope you enjoy your stay :D 

6 hours ago, Staticalliam7 said:

linuxgurugamer origin story

wdym they just got here :huh:

Ah, so young, so innocent. He's been here for forever

KolrLN2.png

Also, who revived this thread? :huh:

14 hours ago, Staticalliam7 said:

Also, who revived this thread?

I'll avoid shaming the guilty party by name, but they are the 1st name under "6 years later..."

P.S. I don't mind the thread necromancy. Forum activity is slowing down with some prominent modders retiring, KSP 1.12 bug fixes that are unlikely to happen, and a long wait for KSP 2.

Edited by DeadJohn