[BETA-RELASE][0.25] The New Kerbol Mod v0.91 beta. Now with Zombies!

MrHappyFace

If any of issues remain after running a game with only this, then we know its an actual issue and not some mod conflict. It would also help for you to elaborate on all of those issues you mentioned. I'm particularly worried about that orbit thing, and the SOI/orbit speed stuff. I think most of the visual/bioluminescent glitches are EVE's fault, as this mod changes up shaders, and so does EVE. I think it could be fixed, but I'm not sure. Thanks for the bug testing.

Also, it's funny you used those clouds, they have lots of circular storms, and I programmed the winds to go in a vaguley circular motion.

Edited by MrHappyFace

If any of issues remain after running a game with only this, then we know its an actual issue and not some mod conflict. It would also help for you to elaborate on all of those issues you mentioned. I'm particularly worried about that orbit thing, and the SOI/orbit speed stuff. I think most of the visual/bioluminescent glitches are EVE's fault, as this mod changes up shaders, and so does EVE. I think it could be fixed, but I'm not sure. Thanks for the bug testing.

Also, it's funny you used those clouds, they have lots of circular storms, and I programmed the winds to go in a vaguley circular motion.

My mod list is, not including CustomAsteroids, Toolbar, and Techmanager along with some other tiny things that couldn't cause problems:

Ven's Stock Revamp

MechJeb

Socke's 1.875 m Parts

KSS Asimov

Some misc part packs

Firespitter

BahaSP Animation Plugin

Trajectories

TweakableEverything

TweakScale

PlanetShine (With my own modded cfg)

Procedural Fairings

Visual Enhancements

Trajectories

Raster Prop Monitor

SXT (With Stock Revamp patch)

NEAR

And can you fix the EVE thing?

UPDATE:

It appears as if all the issues are from your mod as I tested it on an all-stock install. Another bug is that HyperEdit doesn't work a lot of the time. Also, Eeloo has a larger SOI than Duna itself.

Please try to fix these issues as I don't think anyone wants to use it right now.

Edited by _Augustus_

Could I perhaps give you the cloud pack and a CustomAsteroids pack to use with this mod?

um... yeah... I have no clue how you could be teleported to dres...

It's probably a stability issue with the SOI's, which I seem to have fixed. I'm gonna try to upload a fix later if I can find the time.

:P

This mod is so glitchy and broken that I uninstalled it and accidentially uninstalled the clouds... oh well

Yeah... that's why it's a beta. I uploaded the first version in kinnd of a hurry, and I've been bug testing on only one computer with one operating system, so I haven't even encountered half of the bugs here...

Thanks for the help with tracking down the bugs guys, it's greatly appreciated

NOTE: If you have mods installed, PLEASE list ALL of them when you post about a bug. The output_log.txt file would also help A LOT! Thanks.

Edited by MrHappyFace

2nd beta release! Tell me what you think, I fixed lots of bugs, and polished it up a lot. There is also a new settings gui and CUSTOM SCIENCE

Changelog:

• Added custom science reports
  • Added settings gui
  • Added option to have red sun
  • Added options to customize wind
  • Added IncompatibilityChecker
  • Fixed many many bugs
  • Fixed SOI instabilities
  • Fixed planets shifting off their orbits
  • Added RealChutes support

I've got these two errors upon activating it's planet editing:

1. It is missing export.cfg in PluginData.

2. When I fixed that issue, it said there was a missing part config and NoReferenceExceptioned forever.

Also, HappyFace, could you perhaps make a small plugin for me that assigns PQS color/height maps to my PlanetFactory Revived planets? RSS does it fine but causes lighting issues.

I've got these two errors upon activating it's planet editing:

1. It is missing export.cfg in PluginData.

2. When I fixed that issue, it said there was a missing part config and NoReferenceExceptioned forever.

Also, HappyFace, could you perhaps make a small plugin for me that assigns PQS color/height maps to my PlanetFactory Revived planets? RSS does it fine but causes lighting issues.

oh shoot... Whenever I think it's fine, there's always one more bug... I never encountered the nullref thing, but I think I know how to fix it. Still, an output_log.txt would help, it's in these locations:

• Windows: KSP_Data folder in the KSP_win directory, alongside the KSP.exe.
  • Mac OS X: Open Console, on the left side of the window there is a menu that says 'files'. Scroll down the list and find the Unity drop down, under Unity there will be Player.log ( Files>~/Library/Logs>Unity>Player.log )
  • Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/Player.log

Edit: I uploaded a hotfix to Kerbalstuff, see if that fixes it.

Edited by MrHappyFace

The hotfix didnt work for me same issue though i have mods and run win x64 KSP but heres my log

Try using the 32-bit version of KSP. the 64 bit windows version is REALLY unstable. You could also try disabling the custom science. Other than that, I can't really help you. Sorry... :P

Edited by MrHappyFace

Try using the 32-bit version of KSP. the 64 bit windows version is REALLY unstable. You could also try disabling the custom science. Other than that, I can't really help you. Sorry... :P

thanks man i know about x64 on windows and wasn't expecting any help but as i had the same problem as _Augustus_ here i thought maybe my log could help

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.