Devnote Tuesdays: The "Doin' the Work" Edition

SQUAD

Great, those MK3 parts are awesome, I read about cargo bays and larger landing gears :D

Now I need only few more things, one is very small... proper nose cone, next... huge orange tank and orange tank nose cone and last thing SRB larger than 1.25m with much larger thrust ;)

That's pretty much my hope for KSP, too; empty out my mod folder.

Spaceplane Plus and Fine Print already done, clouds and hopefully tolerable aerodynamics on the way. Now I just have to sacrifice a goat or something to get Chatterer, Deadly Reentry, Raster Prop Monitor, Scansat and Kerbal Flight Data in.

Chatter! Oh, I just can't play the game without that installed. Well, that and final frontier, trajectories, CUSTOM ASTEROIDS (that seriously is a cool mod), CONTRACTS WINDOW PLUS (come one squad, you really couldn't make a better contracts window?!), precisenode and transfer window planner (for easier interplanetary trips), [X] science (because I at least can figure out what I need to do then), and some sound enhancement mods (the wheels and rcs sound a lot better thanks to them). And fine print of course, but I won't be needed it once 0.90 gets released.

And of course the lovely texture packs, but I will have to wait for unity to really work with 64 bit for them.

So yeah, squad has got a few things to do to the UI and the asteroids, they might want to think about adding something similar to final frontier, precisenode, trajectories and transfer window planner, and they might want to consider improving the sound for RCS, wheels and just the general silence (so something like chatterer, really great mod BTW).

Edit: But I am really looking forward to seeing clouds and a better aerodynamic model (so nosecones will finally have a use!)

Edit 2: How on earth could I have forgotten about alarms?! We really need alarms! They are the only thing standing between me and kerbals time warping through kerbin on a reentry!

Edited by FunnyBunny14

Everyone thinks the mods they like best should be integrated into stock. Everyone's list is different, though.

Clearly the solution is to integrate all the mods. :P

If we count the UI tweaks as well, we're (kinda) getting Editor Extensions, Enhanced Navball etc. as well.

It's not far from covering my complete modlist; obviously I have superior taste in KSPage. :cool:

Mistake: The 3rd stage decouplers will decouple both the SRBs and the liquid-fueled boosters with fuel still left in them.

Second mistake: No update on Win64 progress.

As has been said many, many times, the problems with Win64 are due to the underlying game engine. There is nothing that either Squad or the modding community can do to fix it; if you want that to change, you need to go talk to the people who make the Unity engine.

I’ve even added a new app to the toolbar that appears in the VAB/SPH, that keeps track of your craft’s stats like size, part count and total mass.

This is wonderful, but can we please cut to the chase and just give us dV and TWR stats as well? We're been barking for a proper performance readout in the VAB/SPH for ages, why tease us with giving it to us, but only for mass and part counts.

I shouldn't have to launch, re-launch, re-re-launch the first 12K climb to confirm I do in fact have a proper TWR in my stages. It's unnecessary repetition.

On spotting the mistakes:

1. The side liquid boosters have no fuel lines, making for bad asparagus staging.

2. The side solid boosters are set to separate at the same time as the liquid boosters, even though they likely aren't synchronized.

3. The retroburner sepratrons on the pod might not be big enough to deorbit the pod, but certainly are big enough to overheat the adjacent mystery goo.

On spotting the mistakes:

1. The side liquid boosters have no fuel lines, making for bad asparagus staging.

2. The side solid boosters are set to separate at the same time as the liquid boosters, even though they likely aren't synchronized.

3. The retroburner sepratrons on the pod might not be big enough to deorbit the pod, but certainly are big enough to overheat the adjacent mystery goo.

Asparagus staging isn't the only way, in fact, it's actually not a very good way because you have to make sure the TWR of the core is good enough.

He's already confirmed what it was, I'm pretty sure it was staging.

Those sepratrons are not capable of de-orbiting that capsule.

And those sepratrons probably won't overheat the Goo cans as far as I know. Since there isn't an all part heat mechanic (as far as I know) it won't do anything at all.

Wow, SQUAD, you guys should seriously consider this title! This captures the epic mark of reaching Beta, Kerbal experience, upgradable buildings and the implementation of fine print.

I'm thinking more along the lines of "KSP Version 0.90: Ignition Sequence Start".

And you people call yourself Kerbal Kosmonauts. How did every single one of you miss that huge obvious mistake. Booster staging, please, that is easily fixed in flight. Pfft. Look again people, THERE ARE NO SNACKS! :0.0:

And you people call yourself Kerbal Kosmonauts. How did every single one of you miss that huge obvious mistake. Booster staging, please, that is easily fixed in flight. Pfft. Look again people, THERE ARE NO SNACKS! :0.0:

Oh no!

We're dooooooomed!

Oh, Kerbal god of Rocketry Rockanos, why? Why?

Jeb: Bill! Snap out of it!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.