New Mk3 Parts Partially Unveiled

Jodo42

https://twitter.com/Maxmaps/status/537379378486083585

Javascript is disabled. View full album

No cargo bays pictured, but according to this link they exist.

Look at the size of those parts! They fit with the 3.75m engines! Also, CLOUDS? CABIN LIGHTS?

Edit: apparently we're also potentially getting new landing gear. Max's phrasing is unclear, but there's going to be 3 sizes.

Edit 2: According to Porkjet here and here;

-New landing gear and cargo bays may or may not be ready for .90

-No new wings in .90

-Clouds are from EVE, not stock.

-IVAs will not be in .90

Edited by Jodo42

YESSSSSSSSS

Okay, this might be enough to get me to actually start using spaceplanes now. If only for fun buzzing the control tower and stuff.

Also, I have vague memories reading something on reddit about the crew cargo holding absurd amounts of Kerbals, something like, over a dozen or something. I tried to find the source, but I lost it. It was on one of the devs twitters, but they might of changed it since then. If anyone can confirm that i'm not crazy, that'd be nice. :D

But yeah, these parts look awesome. :o

If 5m parts ever become stock, I want mk4 parts. Okay, that might be TOO big.

Also, just noticed the clouds. I hope it's toggleable, because my graphics card is already taxed. :( It's weird, sometimes it's fine, then the framerate just drops to 5 fps and the time turns yellow... Then it's smooth again, and the timer is green. Might have something to do with the intel CPU hardware acceleration? I honestly have no idea. It seems to help temporarially if I pause it for a minute and then resume the game again.

Edited by Norpo

I wouldn't jump to any conclusions just yet on those clouds. It looks a lot like Environmental Visual Enhancement's clouds, in fact. Could just be that Porkjet had the mod installed at the time and forgot to disable it for the demonstration shots.

I'm melting at the sight of those new parts. They do remind me of the B9 parts a bit, except I don't think the large B9 cockpit has a nose adaptor. Also, adapters galore! There must be one for every plane and rocket part! I love versatility like that.

Also, it looks like the parts are symmetrical, so that means when cargo bays are added, they can be bomb bays as well! Imagine a plane dropping a dozen bombs over the KSC, B-17 style, or even a jumbo-size orange bomb being dropped out of a plane, diving for the VAB.

This is gonna be awesome.

Edited by Yellowburn10

Those are pretty :D finally the look like I won't have to resist the desire tocrash my stock shuttles, cause I can't take the looks :P but srsly, that is rly good looking cockpit. It also seems like the cargo bays should high enough to handle small radial attachments to 2.5 m parts (at least on top and underneath). Looks very promising. If they include landing gear in 0.90 this is going to be awesome

Edited by prophet_01

Oooooooohhhhh those parts look SWEET!

I love the things introduced with the MkII parts, but the lack of MkII to size large adaptors always bugged me, as well as the lack of a good 3-man cockpit (in my saves, unless I need to drastically save weight, Bill Bob and Jeb go on missions together or not at all) Those new adapters look AWESOME! And they'll allow for use of spaceplane parts in rocket construciton too!

Can't wait for this stuff. My interest in KSP has waned a little over the past weeks/months, but this stuff looks absolutely amazing.

Hate how big the new SP parts are. They look nice though.

KSP parts have always seemed to be at a roughly half scale compared to RL rockets. Those shuttle parts look almost full sized!

The shuttle body is going to be wider than a 3.75m external tank! That ridiculous! And those tiny SLS srbs are not going to be much help lifting it.

Edit: Ok I take that back my perspective was just really skewed!

Edited by Frozen_Heart

It is just big enough to fit a 2.5m payload into it, which totally makes sense. I love those new parts and really cant wait to try building stuff with them... Those asymmetric round adapters will make awesome booster nose cones... \m/

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.