New Mk3 Parts Partially Unveiled

Jodo42

I wonder... will this shuttle cockpit house 7 (Ker)men, like the real one?

And more importantly... will it have an interior? o.o

Those asymmetric round adapters will make awesome booster nose cones... \m/

Yes!!

I hope there's LF+O inside. (not just LF) }:-)

Edited by Overfloater

Hmm... I'll reserve judgement on that. I might end up using them separately more often than I think I will, so we'll see. That's pretty much my only gripe with them though - they are some pretty snazzy parts. I wonder if Squad has decided to start sharing textures on these parts? With the many new parts added in a similar/exact copy of the Mk2 style, it would be a little odd and annoying to have to load them twice.

Ok, the race to make the most awesome and capable Mk3 shuttle will commence as soon as 0.90 drops!

Hey guys! Glad you like the parts! :)

However, Don't get too hyped just yet, I can't promise the landing gear and CargoBays will be done in time, and yes, you're of course right, the small landing gear is a bit silly on those parts.

Those are really just the basics, the real cool stuff will come in .91.

But hey, even without those, still more useful than the old parts, right?

Bigger wings - not in .90... The current small pieces hold up quite well tho.

And about those clouds in the screenshots, yes that's EVE... should have turned it off to prevent that confusion, now that I think about it, sorry xD

Hey guys! Glad you like the parts! :)

Those are really just the basics, the real cool stuff will come in .91.

Oh dude, why hyping the version after the next? :D isn't one version enough hype, almost crazy for your parts.

Oh dude, why hyping the version after the next? :D isn't one version enough hype, almost crazy for your parts.

Haha! If you're already hyped about that, then .92 is gonna blow your mind!

note: I actually have no clue what'll be in .91 or .92, nor if they'll actually be called that or 0.9994 or 9.81 or 3.1415926535897932384626433832795 or whatever.

Simple - just delay 0.90 until they're done. Don't care when it comes, but having the awesome Mk3 parts with no cargo bay or suitable landing gear will be... frustrating. But yeah, excellent work on the parts. Ya done good, son.

Me too. It's the cargo bays that provide utility. Having all those beautiful parts smiling at me from the editor, and no real use for them.... that might feel worse than having nothing at all.

And yes, they're declassing the (supposedly huge) Kerbodyne parts. I see a need for even bigger rockets, just for sake of scale and proportions. Next up: rescaling the system so we can use the tremendous power of those rockets.

Porkjet, will .91 or the like include updates to the dated nose cone parts, namely, the one that's half covered in heat-tiles & the matching cap?

Or updates to the radial liquid engine? (the big one)

Also, will we be seeing bigger air-breathing/RAPIER type engines (and intakes) to help lift these larger shuttle-bodies? If yes, can you say Mk2 or 2.5m?

Finally, will your work on centrifuges and inflatable habitats be included in stock, or returned to as a mod? (Still hanging out for the 2.5m centrifuge!)

What about IVAs? Are those going to be available or will we have to wait a bit longer?

You're gonna have to wait a bit longer for that. Getting some essential parts like Cargobays and landing gear done is of higher priority.

They'll have the crew portraits tho!

Porkjet, will .91 or the like include updates to the dated nose cone parts, namely, the one that's half covered in heat-tiles & the matching cap?

Or updates to the radial liquid engine? (the big one)

Also, will we be seeing bigger air-breathing/RAPIER type engines (and intakes) to help lift these larger shuttle-bodies? If yes, can you say Mk2 or 2.5m?

Finally, will your work on centrifuges and inflatable habitats be included in stock, or returned to as a mod? (Still hanging out for the 2.5m centrifuge!)

Can't tell you about any of these, don't know yet.

Edited by Porkjet

Those parts are beautiful PorkJet, great job! I too hope for a better "fitting" nose cone for these parts, one that looks more like a plane nose rather than a rocket nose.

As for landing gear, I think BahamutoD perfected them. I can't imagine another way to make them work with all the designs we want to build than what he did without adding 1000 parts.

Edited by Alshain

What about IVAs? Are those going to be available or will we have to wait a bit longer?

You're gonna have to wait a bit longer for that. Getting some essential parts like Cargobays and landing gear done is of higher priority.

;.; ;.; ;.;

(Look how sad my pilots are) :-(

Edited by Overfloater

I can fly blind as long as what I'm in looks cool!

Any ramps planned? If not the tail ramp section maybe an asymmetrical side-extending one?

Edited by Veeltch

Wait! You can get that with no Iva?? How? I hate that the mobile processing lab doesn't have at least portraits. Can't tell you how many Kerbals have been stranded because of that.

How is it that the cargo bags may not be ready for 0.90!? If the code is already implemented and everyone at SQUAD is way more interested in generating pretty 3d models than coding... What's the hold up!? This is stuff that was supposed to be ready for 0.25!

Seriously, this is getting nuts.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.