New Mk3 Parts Partially Unveiled

Jodo42

How is it that the cargo bags may not be ready for 0.90!? If the code is already implemented and everyone at SQUAD is way more interested in generating pretty 3d models than coding... What's the hold up!? This is stuff that was supposed to be ready for 0.25!

Seriously, this is getting nuts.

You're sounding very entitled, they work on this game for us as hard as they can and release content as it is ready.

I'd certainly rather wait and have them done right. It's not like 0.90 is going to be completely void of other things to do. It's certainly the biggest feature list I've seen in KSP history and I'm not sure we know all of them yet. What's on the list so far? Fine Print, Mk 3, Upgradable Buildings, Biomes, Gizmos UI, Parts UI, I feel like I'm forgetting something.

EDIT: Kerbal Experience! Knew I was forgetting something.

Edited by Alshain

You're sounding very entitled, they work on this game for us as hard as they can and release content as it is ready.

Any criticism can be accused of "sounding entitled", and frankly due to the decisions SQUAD has made re: 0.90, you aren't going to get content as it is ready. Kerbal experience, biomes, gizmos and those spaceplane parts are going to sit finished or nearly finished behind the wall until upgradable buildings, the rest of the Mk3 parts, and who knows what else is ready to be rolled out.

I'm really just tired of this cycle. It's why I don't recommend people purchase this game anymore. I keep hoping it will change, but it never does.

Times are changing, there's less behind-the-scenes code to do which leaves more time for content, but I'll let 0.90.0 speak for itself when it is released :)

Also, less of the "entitled" talk please, concerns about the game are not the same as being entitled.

Edited by sal_vager

Times are changing, there's less behind-the-scenes code to do which leaves more time for content, but I'll let 0.90.0 speak for itself when it is released :)

This, I imagine they want to release .90 with a bang. Beta is a pretty big milestone (even if it is arbitrary), but i'd consider a KSP a Beta game right now, it doesn't look anything like the really old screenshots.

Besides, I want time to play with all the mods I installed before I have to get rid of em because they may break with the new version (Or not, maybe RSS with 6.4x kerbol, DRE, FAR, and numerous informational mods won't break by some miracle.)

I'll just wait, they're adding a LOT of game changing features (They basically redid the entire VAB), kerbal experience, these parts need balancing etc. so I don't mind if it takes a while for 0.90 to come out.

Just gives me more time to plan out this mission to 6.4x Duna. :P (Or, I might just be bold and go near Eeloo, I've actually never gone there, not even with stock)

You know, they also said that cargo bays might not of been ready for .25, and yet here they are today. If squad is hard at work with something, don't throw out the possibility that they still could make the deadline.

Although if I had a choice, I would prefer that landing gear would be added over cargo bays, as large landing gear may even be required to even get these large planes off the ground.

Simple - just delay 0.90 until they're done. Don't care when it comes, but having the awesome Mk3 parts with no cargo bay or suitable landing gear will be... frustrating. But yeah, excellent work on the parts. Ya done good, son.

Can't underscore this enough. No sense in releasing something if it's not done.

However, Don't get too hyped just yet, I can't promise the landing gear and CargoBays will be done in time, and yes, you're of course right, the small landing gear is a bit silly on those parts. But hey, even without those, still more useful than the old parts, right?

No. I entirely disagree. Without cargo bays spaceplanes are worthless. Those parts give spaceplanes purpose; they are what makes them unique from rockets. Please, don't release this update without cargo bays! I can only speak for myself, but I would be very disappointed.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.