The Official HypeTrain 0.90 Voyage Thread (Experimentals! Choo Choo Dangit!)

Whirligig Girl

No you didn't.

Yes i did... I can track anyone down with my new hypetrain scanner,it can track ANYONE down,except dead people though... or ghosts

Yes i did... I can track anyone down with my new hypetrain scanner,it can track ANYONE down,except dead people though... or ghosts

The Boss is just something I made up. He's not real. So no, you can not merge HypePacific with HypeRailways. It wouldn't be a practical business decision.

- - - Updated - - -

But guys, we can't take the whole roleplaying aspect too far.

- - - Updated - - -

No.

Yes indeed.

Goodness yes, experimentals!

READ IT: "And what of the HypePlane? JediAerospace has allied with HypeRailways, and thus the HypePlane service is still available, if you want. (but remember, the HypeTrain won the race to 0.25.0.)"

Aw, come on, why don't we combine the two and make a Hype-TrainPlane? The .24 model is still lying around to be used:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRXgFu3RpYk?t=2m50s

Dear GregroxMun,

Here is your new favorite thread of all time.

On The Rocketry Forum, user Daddyisabar is creating a bona fide train model rocket! It takes off vertically! It has questionable stability! It has that classy '30s Art Deco styling!

...and yes, it will fly soon.

Here's an image of the completed train.

ftehVWE.jpg

It is the closest thing to a Hype Train that I have ever seen. Should I ask the Daddy if the KSP Forum could use it as the official Hypetrain?

-Upsilon

Dear GregroxMun,

Here is your new favorite thread of all time.

On The Rocketry Forum, user Daddyisabar is creating a bona fide train model rocket! It takes off vertically! It has questionable stability! It has that classy '30s Art Deco styling!

...and yes, it will fly soon.

Here's an image of the completed train.

http://i.imgur.com/ftehVWE.jpg

It is the closest thing to a Hype Train that I have ever seen. Should I ask the Daddy if the KSP Forum could use it as the official Hypetrain?

-Upsilon

It's not the official HypeTrain, that's for sure, but it's tha darn-best model HypeTrain I've ever seen. I am insanely happy right now at this rocket.

This shall be a great launch. I can tell.

*goes and retrieves all of the straight pieces of model train track left in the storage wagon, and prepares to but a rocket motor on a train wagon.

What are the planned features of 0.90.0?

Kerbal Experience - Using the created experience tracking system, Kerbals are now getting traits. These traits will level up as they partake in missions and accomplish goals, increasing the unique passive bonuses each Kerbal will be generated with.

Piloting by Kerbals - Kerbals can do basic piloting, such as holding a certain heading or pointing at a maneuver node. What a Kerbal can do is defined by his/her* experience.

I got the impression the "Pilot" skills were a role skillset, and that role got the sequential skills (we saw icons for) as that astronaut with that role gained experience. Along with there being a rumoured "Engineer" role, with its own skillset, etc.

Is that not the case?

edit: I mean I hope that's the case, and Squad didn't still end up going with the D&D part-buff plan that started the original riots.