The Official HypeTrain 0.90 Voyage Thread (Experimentals! Choo Choo Dangit!)

Whirligig Girl

What is this strange place? It looks like the Kerbal Space Center...but with realistic graphics? And why is that rocket so big, are they going to Jool or something?

It`s a sneak version of KSP 64 multithreaded with a bunch of mods.

I like the one that lets the steam off from the top and bottom of the rocket. It looks like they have a particle emitter with a variable direction to get the smoke/steam/condensation to do that cool thing so it looks like the wind is affecting it..

Just cause I just read that:

EVA Restrictions - No longer can you skip large parts of the tech tree by sciencing on the various buildings around KSC. You can't get out of your capsule until you've researched enough tech to unlock EVA suits.

2 things: 1: That's new to me, where was that mentioned?

And more importantly 2:

Ummmm.... That's illogical. Why would I need EVA suits ON KERBIN? o_O

And more importantly 2:

I sked the same question, but it seems to have been passed over...

Part clipping is now default (the announcement was worded a bit weird I admit, so I understand your confusion). The Alt-F12 cheat does still exist but it only toggles the ability to put the same part in the same place multiple times.

Also I wouldn't worry too much about the builder changes. They're designed to make complex building easier and from what I can tell they're succeeding. You'll be building crazy stuff in no time and they'll be crazier than ever before.

all right, wonderful. I wasn't sure how it was done, but that sounds reassuring :)

And more importantly 2:

I agree. They should either remove all the science from the EVA around KSC (or remove the biomes, but i assume they cannot because its related to the destructible/upgradable buildings), or allow you to EVA without a suit, but kill your kerbal.... (and he wouldnt die on Kerbin or Laythe)

Editor overhaul - Boy has this one been a long time coming. We’re getting improved part sorting, adding 3D "Gizmos" to make building way easier and overall make it a more pleasant, reliable experience. No more fiddling to get things to fit!

Kerbal Experience - Using the created experience tracking system, Kerbals are now getting traits. These traits will level up as they partake in missions and accomplish goals, increasing the unique passive bonuses each Kerbal will be generated with.

Extra Contracts - We’re getting a couple new contract types. We’re also getting integration of the related mod ‘Fine Print’ to stock. S’really good.

MK3 Overhaul - Devs are working with Porkjet to get as much of this as we can for 25. The general scope for this one dwarfs the content in SP+, so we hope you can understand this one will take time. Attempts to clone Porkjet have so far been unsuccessful.

Upgradable buildings - The last big feature missing from career mode and the reason why SQUAD's art team has been chained to their desks for months now. Every building is getting a tech progression path which will slowly unlock all of their current capacities and some new ones. Take your space center from an amateur project to a world class space center! The Tier 1 space center has been removed from 0.90.0, but the Tier 2 space center will take its place!

Every Planet has a Biome! - Tanuki Chau of KSPTV has spent a long time creating and revising biomes all over the Kerbolar System! Every single planet has biomes! Some of them might even be rather special.

Ladder-Climbing - Kerbals can now climb over ledges between ladders Astronaut Mobility Enhancers. This means no more bobbing up and down trying to get up the ladder.

EVA Restrictions - No longer can you skip large parts of the tech tree by sciencing on the various buildings around KSC. You can't get out of your capsule until you've researched enough tech to unlock EVA suits.

HypeTrain Easter Egg on Mun - Unfortunately I made this up. But you never know!

Medium and Large Landing Gear - The current landing gear will be small to a medium and large set.

Piloting by Kerbals - Kerbals can do basic piloting, such as holding a certain heading or pointing at a maneuver node. What a Kerbal can do is defined by his/her* experience.

18350-happy.jpg

*female Kerbals not confirmed for 0.90.0

forever_alone-4f54fab-intro.jpg

MK3 Overhaul - Devs are working with Porkjet to get as much of this as we can for 25. The general scope for this one dwarfs the content in SP+, so we hope you can understand this one will take time. Attempts to clone Porkjet have so far been unsuccessful.

Uhm, did you copy the hype text from pre-0.25?

[PUBLIC SERVICE BULLETIN]

Attention all ye travelers!

The HypeTrain now has enough HypeLift to fly. To ensure that the HypeTrain will continue to travel in the correct direction, HypeSigns must be placed in HypeTown. Here is an example of a proper HypeSign:

Ux9gnaO.jpg

Please do not stand too close to the HypeSigns, as there is a risk of being crushed by the HypeTrain when it arrives at HypeTown for 0.90.

Thank you.

[/PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT]

If your crew has no pilots, SAS will not be available. You could carry an extra scientist or engineer this way, but then the piloting will be entirely up to you. :)

Secret 0.90 feature 0_0 .... DIFFERENT CREW TYPES !!!!

HYPE

http://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/2o42bx/devnote_tuesdays_the_thousand_words_edition/cmjjjr8

How was that secret? They already talked about this when Kerbal Experience was a feature slated for .25, before they went back to the drawing board :P

EDIT: But what IS new from that linked reply is that probe cores get differentiated by tech level and the higher tech ones get to provide some pilot skills. This pleases me, because that was one of the first things that occurred to me when reading the dev notes this week and I even suggested it right there in the thread.

Considering how recent this was, I'm fairly sure that it's not due to my suggestion that this feature exists, but rather that the devs thought of it themselves. But I am still happy, because I love the idea.

Edited by Streetwind