The Official HypeTrain 0.90 Voyage Thread (Experimentals! Choo Choo Dangit!)

Whirligig Girl

Squad is just churning out updates! It took only two months to get to experimentals. That is really impressive for the amount new, complicated features that .90 will have. We barely got used to all the new features of .25, and then a new update is announced to be in experimentals!

Way to go Squad!!

Edited by Engineer Of Stuff

Just cause I just read that:

2 things: 1: That's new to me, where was that mentioned?

And more importantly 2:

Ummmm.... That's illogical. Why would I need EVA suits ON KERBIN? o_O

Squadcast. I'm not making this stuff up. It may be illogical in real life, but not from a gameplay standpoint.

Compare the feature list to 0.18's feature list:

Probe Cores, Docking, Electricity Requirements, Music, Pol, Dres, and art pass on Kerbin and Mun, minor editor overhaul.

These were BIG FEATURES. And even though the devs must deal with Development Asymptotes, 0.90 is still rearing up to be far more game-changing. I remember how big 0.18 was. It was a totally different game before 0.18. 0.90 really will push KSP forwards in a big way!

Don't forget maneuver nodes in .18. And close approach indicators in the map. And engine fairings. And vessel types/renaming vessels. And the science parts. And the crewtank. And action groups. And air intakes. And lights.

I'm super hyped for the new editor in .90 (I spend about 1/3 of my play time in it), but at this point it's very hard for me to believe that the rest of .90 will come close to .18.

Although, the new strut and fuel line modules may solve the most annoying of editor bugs. And that alone is worth the hype.

"Public Service Bulletin"

That makes no sense. What makes even less sense is how the HypeTrain actually moves. It runs on metatracks that exist everywhere in the universe, as long as that's where you're going. It runs along the ground. But it's really a metaground of the Hypeworld. It's so meta, even this acronym.

And yes, it can fly. Sorta. I guess, just think of a Polar Express TARDIS, if that helps. The Tracks are like the Time Vortex of the TARDIS, allowing you to move in Space and Time; but the tracks may be pretty weird.

Can someone tell me what the status is for building upgrades? i know tier 1 is out for .90, but other than that, is it "complete"?

So far answer is yes, noticed you were getting a bit anxious there :P

So far answer is yes, noticed you were getting a bit anxious there :P

well i posted in the official announcment thread, and everyone ignored my query and was like "hurr durr hype" and i posted here and everyone ignored my query and was like "hurr durr hype" so i have to keep posting the same thing repeatedly to actually get answers.

*Sneaks on board, and tries to take over the engineer's position* Let's go! Woo wooooo!

It's a british locomotive, so I'm called a driver, not an engineer. *whacks rdwulfe with the coal shovel*. I'm also the fireman.

- - - Updated - - -

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/hofstadter.png

Give some rep to Randall Munroe!

Yep, that's where it came from! Actually, Munroe got it from that Hofstadter guy, so give rep to him.

well i posted in the official announcment thread, and everyone ignored my query and was like "hurr durr hype" and i posted here and everyone ignored my query and was like "hurr durr hype" so i have to keep posting the same thing repeatedly to actually get answers.

Yeah, sorry. The buildings are finished, aside from some of the exploded models, according to the latest devnotes.

It's a british locomotive, so I'm called a driver, not an engineer. *whacks rdwulfe with the coal shovel*. I'm also the fireman.

As per OP:

And the HypeTrain has been updated too! No longer is it a mixed-traffic Black-Five MT, it's now a beautiful Gresley A3, rebuilt at HypeCrewe workshops at Derpcaster. She's been almost completely reassembled! Also, she's now alive. We installed an A.I. module in the smokebox, so she is like a Railway Series character, (except without a face, the animatronics were too expensive). She's now a full-blown passenger engine, as the freight service is now being fullfilled by a new engine bought from America. (It was a Big Boy, what else?)

Isn't the train a sentient being now, or was that more of Kasper poking around?

All aboard!

FB-FX-0115-lg.jpg

Also speaking about the hyperspacial physics of the hype train you mention that the vehicle can move through space and time. This being so the hype train would then be able to travel temporally across the universe where it can gather hype from any instant. Therefore the hype train has the most allowable hype this universe can support and does not need hype to "power" it as it simultaneously gathers hype from every instant in all timelines allowable in the physical confines of our universe. This would make the hype train at least a 5th dimensional object but official sources will have to verify. A 5th dimensional object can travel between individual timelines which allows the hype train to collect hype from all timelines in our universe. However if the hype train has even greater dimensions it can travel between universal parameters and thus collect hype from an infinite number of hype producing events multiplied by infinite number of timelines multiplied by an infinite number of universes. It could possibly go onto a greater power but my understanding of physics does not allow me to describe the consequences of that yet.

The engineer in me would like to know if the hype train is throttled by the number of dimensions it occupies and while Upsilon's question was partially answered I would like to know what physically propels the hype train, my guess would be pure hype energy.

Maybe the rails aren't to guide the hype train but only to allow it to become observable in lower dimensions such as our own