The Official HypeTrain 0.90 Voyage Thread (Experimentals! Choo Choo Dangit!)

Whirligig Girl

I am VERY pleased with that. Clipping was always just a matter of aesthetics (parts inside other parts still have mass and drag), and now we can let the "I did/didn't turn on the cheats to do this" debate die. But I'm sure someone will whine all the same.

Now the only way clipping can be exploited is to reduce the dimensions of your ship. Still, I predict part count and mass to be a bigger limitation... to pretty much everybody but myself, I have an advantage there in that I have always been the wizard of the low part counts.

Rune. Those gizmos look really nice!

I'm not sure what you guys mean. As far as I'm aware the only change is that the editor is more forgiving now when the 'turn on part clipping' is disabled.

You will still have to turn that on to use nodes twice.

So I don't see that this changes anything at all as those that had that setting on will still do so.

I'll call the update 0.9 if I want... Maxmaps has on Squadcast streams, so why can't I?

I like these new building models... I also like how the 1st level Launchpad is just a circle of concrete on the ground, and the runway is just sand like the Island Runway... Nice touch :)

I'm not sure what you guys mean. As far as I'm aware the only change is that the editor is more forgiving now when the 'turn on part clipping' is disabled.

You will still have to turn that on to use nodes twice.

So I don't see that this changes anything at all as those that had that setting on will still do so.

It may not change anything as far as double-attaching on nodes, but as far as I can tell, it changes everything for design possibilities. One is example is my Saturbo V. Right now, the core consists of 4 outer tanks painstakingly placed on the center tank and rotated inward to get the right diameter. With these changes, it will be as simple as placing the outer tanks, then using the part offset feature to "sink" them into the center tank, all without detaching the part. I'm also excited about the prospect of no longer have to use cubic struts and other parts as spacers, because I'll be able to just offset the part.

I'm getting super-hyped just for the gizmos.

Edited by GusTurbo

It may not change anything as far as double-attaching on nodes, but as far as I can tell, it changes everything for design possibilities. One is example is my Saturbo V. Right now, the core consists of 4 outer tanks painstakingly placed on the center tank and rotated inward to get the right diameter. With these changes, it will be as simple as placing the outer tanks, then using the part offset feature to "sink" them into the center tank, all without detaching the part. I'm also excited about the prospect of no longer have to use cubic struts and other parts as spacers, because I'll be able to just offset the part.

I'm getting super-hyped just for the gizmos.

Ok, so in that scenario instead of using say, four cubics on a center tank then placing outer tanks on those cubics we will be able to do this without using the cubics?

Hmm, with all the changes there will be some very interesting craft coming out! eeeeeeeeeeeep

Yup. Did you watch WinterOwl's video?

The good stuff starts at 7:07. Another highlight of the offset function is at 12:51, showing how you can sink goo containers into a plane fuselage.

Edited by GusTurbo

Ok, so in that scenario instead of using say, four cubics on a center tank then placing outer tanks on those cubics we will be able to do this without using the cubics?

Hmm, with all the changes there will be some very interesting craft coming out! eeeeeeeeeeeep

It's been said that we'll be able to build craft that just weren't possible before, which excites me beyond belief.

I'm generally the sort of person who keeps playing up to the update, but knowing that we'll get those amazing part gizmos and MK3 parts (guess who's building an STS?), not to mention Kerbal Experience (something I've wanted since day one), I just can't! This is going to be quite the update.

There is more Hype (and more HypeTrain passengers) than .25!

If you managed to get the 0.90.0 release early, don't play it. It was a goof with an accidental release to the main server. It's not a full release, and is extremely buggy.

So they accidentally released it, due to a server error? How many people got a copy of .90?

Edited by Engineer Of Stuff

No one got a copy. It was an incomplete build that didn't actually have any new stuff.

Some people did. There are couple screenshots floating around reddit. It seemed to lack the new parts, but did have the navigation buttons for holding headings ect. And some were grayed out, indicating that at least some of the RPG elements had been implemented.