The Official HypeTrain 0.90 Voyage Thread (Experimentals! Choo Choo Dangit!)

Whirligig Girl

I'll call the update 0.9 if I want... Maxmaps has on Squadcast streams, so why can't I?

I like these new building models... I also like how the 1st level Launchpad is just a circle of concrete on the ground, and the runway is just sand like the Island Runway... Nice touch :)

You're welcome to play 0.9 any time you want to, if you've still got a copy. It was apparently released on 12th August 2011 (I say apparently only because I'm just relying on a wiki and I wasn't playing KSP myself at that time). That's one reason that this update isn't 0.9, despite any misspeaking by anyone.

I'll call the update 0.9 if I want... Maxmaps has on Squadcast streams, so why can't I?QUOTE]

Max meant that he has been calling it that by accident. (I asked him this)

Maybe anyone who is insistent on calling it 0.9 should only be able to get actual 0.9 for a day after release.

I'll call the update 0.9 if I want... Maxmaps has on Squadcast streams, so why can't I?QUOTE]

Max meant that he has been calling it that by accident. (I asked him this)

Maybe anyone who is insistent on calling it 0.9 should only be able to get actual 0.9 for a day after release.

So was 0.9 actually 0.09?

So was 0.9 actually 0.09?

No, because version numbers, despite their superficial resemblance to decimal numbers, are not the same. Or do you believe that versions 0.10 - 0.19 logically come between versions 0.1 and 0.2, or that versions 0.20 - 0.25 logically come between versions 0.2 and 0.3 (ignoring for a moment that there are both separately identified versions 0.2 and 0.20, etc)

Also, if you look at the version number when you actually run the game, you'll probably observe a version number like 0.25.0.962. Since when do decimal numbers contain multiple decimal points, and what does it even mean?

The 0.90 preview of the editor tools has shown me what I missed and now I can't even build anything in 0.25 because of it.

Ikr, it's a great update if it doesn't only bring the stuff you wanted, but also the stuff you didn't even know you wanted!

I don't know which of the two is hyping me the most. The fact that 0.90 is right the next corner or Freeman's Mind is about to end within December.

So you're hyped about something ending??

You really must hate it!! :wink:

Anyway release on Tuesday :D any HypeShuttle Tickets?? Really must find Overfloater...

So you're hyped about something ending??

You really must hate it!! :wink:

Anyway release on Tuesday :D any HypeShuttle Tickets?? Really must find Overfloater...

Welp, if you watch the series, along with the fact that it took the creator about ten years to make it, you'll see what i mean (i don't hate the series, quite the opposite actually). Wht do you think the hype will be when the final release of KSP comes out?

Back on topic.

HYYYYYYYYYYYPE!!!

I think it may come out today.... maybe that's just hope. Also, the 502 errors are occuring, so something is happening. Also, maxmaps's recent tweets suggest that the release is coming very soon.

Yup, he's getting more cryptic. Always a good sign.