The Official HypeTrain 0.90 Voyage Thread (Experimentals! Choo Choo Dangit!)

Whirligig Girl

Release is most likely tomorrow. It's usually on Tuesdays... Media Release just came out... experimentals are in good shape... and they don't have to write devnotes... :P

Think about it, this would give them today to wrap up any bugs and then three days to see how the update is going and to do some patches or publicity. Then a relaxing break over the holidays.

Release is most likely tomorrow. It's usually on Tuesdays... Media Release just came out... experimentals are in good shape... and they don't have to write devnotes... :P

Think about it, this would give them today to wrap up any bugs and then three days to see how the update is going and to do some patches or publicity. Then a relaxing break over the holidays.

How about giving them 4 days to see how it goes before the break by releasing it today ?

^^

It's almost certainly coming out tomorrow. Fortunately, tomorrow is also when my winter vacation begins!

Tomorrow is the day I pack my computer for a house move to another country! Let's hope I get it installed before i have to pack it so at least I have it during the inevitable wait to get broadband.

Tomorrow is the day I pack my computer for a house move to another country! Let's hope I get it installed before i have to pack it so at least I have it during the inevitable wait to get broadband.

Good luck on that. I know how much it sucks to wait for internet after moving.

i cant wait for 0.90.0. i think that using decimals like this is neccisary.

Unfortunately, your use of such terminology can add to confusion, rather than remove it. There are "." characters used to separate parts of version numbers, but they very definitely are not related to decimal numbers (which I think most people would think of if your refer to "decimals").

In normal usage, these characters are (I believe) referred to as periods (US) or full stops (UK). Either of those is a better characterisation than "decimals". And in general, they're just separators - maybe the world would be a better place if a different separator had been picked for version numbers, but the surely some people would wonder what a 0:90 ratio means...

Unfortunately, your use of such terminology can add to confusion, rather than remove it. There are "." characters used to separate parts of version numbers, but they very definitely are not related to decimal numbers (which I think most people would think of if your refer to "decimals").

In normal usage, these characters are (I believe) referred to as periods (US) or full stops (UK). Either of those is a better characterisation than "decimals". And in general, they're just separators - maybe the world would be a better place if a different separator had been picked for version numbers, but the surely some people would wonder what a 0:90 ratio means...

Or if the English speaking world would have used an actual "comma" ( , ) instead of a period ( . ) for decimals in the first place, like we do in German. But discussions like that are pretty redundant, some people would still not get how version numbers work.

Bad advice, really.

I would advice to just ask Squad to release the thing today : problem solved and way easier for him. ^^

Yeah, uh, I totally need access early too. Same reason obviously. They wouldn't mind, right?

Max meant that he has been calling it that by accident. (I asked him this)

Really? He said in a stream that him and some of the other team members had got used to calling it 0.9

Maybe anyone who is insistent on calling it 0.9 should only be able to get actual 0.9 for a day after release.

Honestly, I wouldn't care if I got it a day after release... 0.9 looks fun and all, but my 0.25 mod save is even more funnerer; plus, I'm really patient :)

So was 0.9 actually 0.09?

0.9 for this update is an applicable term because 0.9 Beta is different to 0.9 Alpha; they don't mean the same thing. If calling it 0.9 meant I get it 1 day or 2 weeks later (which it won't).... meh

Also, you've both got glitches in your quotes :P