The Official HypeTrain 0.90 Voyage Thread (Experimentals! Choo Choo Dangit!)

Whirligig Girl

Isn't the train a sentient being now, or was that more of Kasper poking around?

Guys, help! This is an emergency! I was in an empty car when the AI suddenly attacked me with neurotoxin! send help turn off the neurotoxin helphelphelpplkkm mnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

<<<<>>>>

CONNECTING TO CENTRAL AI...

PLEASE DISREGARD THIS MESSAGE. CONTINUE WITH YOUR REGULAR HYPING

Woop woop woop. As somebody who's really interested in seeing the management and career aspect of the game being more fleshed out, my hype levels are considerable for this release. But can it will be all I imagined and more? I must ride this train through time and space to discover the answers.

I'm assuming that someone has already checked the all brakes.. and made sure that they do not function. Wouldn't want any mischievous riders to stop the hype train now, yes? (I'm sure the buffers at our destination can withstand one measly high speed impact).

.24 I never even got round to updating to. .25 I've been goofing around in and trying out mods, deterred from career mode by the announcement of upgradable buildings in the next release.

.26.90, .90 is set to be MEGA. Just when I think it's going to be a great update, along comes yet another awesome feature.

I just hope the mods get updated quickly. Got some big Kethaney KASey plans, hopefully it's not too FARfetched.

I'm assuming that someone has already checked the all brakes.. and made sure that they do not function. Wouldn't want any mischievous riders to stop the hype train now, yes? (I'm sure the buffers at our destination can withstand one measly high speed impact).

Looked good when I saw it in the sheds, (assisted with photography) but you'll have to check with Gregrox, or whoever's serving as guard, (if we have one). It looked like only the senior moderators had carriages with working emergency brakes. Train brakes usually fail on, so ironically, the system must be in top condition.

ITS HYPEING TIME

anyway the hypemuseum is selling discount tickets and toy hype07As in the gift shop now, and we need to think of a exhibit about this. also did you build &a after the flying Scotsman? because that's a good idea. (seriously it is)

Don't worry, I've put a Wild Card in the train. He'll make sure that all of the brakes are nice and cut.

xlyqe1.jpg

Have you any idea how hard it is to catch up to the hype train even when it's standing still? I had to fly a jet powered triplane at full speed, then parachute out just to get to the ticket booth. I hope I'm not too late!

Have you any idea how hard it is to catch up to the hype train even when it's standing still? I had to fly a jet powered triplane at full speed, then parachute out just to get to the ticket booth. I hope I'm not too late!

Definitely not to late, it's going less than 1 post/minute! When it gets up to a post/second, then its fast. :P

Hop on the HypePlane or HypeShuttle!!

It's only 25 kerbal snacks/ marks, and you can just walk to it (we haven't quite taken off yet)

Squadcast. I'm not making this stuff up. It may be illogical in real life, but not from a gameplay standpoint.

I wasn't implying you're making things up, just hadn't heard of it, that's all.

Also: Even from a gameplay standpoint it makes WAYYYY more sense to just set the science recieved for those KSC biomes to 0. Instead they're saying "You can't go outside unless you have a spacesuit on.", which is just plain stupid.

Instead they're saying "You can't go outside unless you have a spacesuit on.", which is just plain stupid.

The best part will be when you finally unlock space suits, get out, and take your hard-earned EVA report from KSC and it says, "You didn't really need a space suit to get here, did you?"

I KNEW THAT! YOU'RE THE ONE WHO DIDN'T.

Wow! It feels like .24 just came out a few weeks ago. All of the hard work that Squad has been doing has really been paying off. So pumped for this update!!

Question: Can I ride the HypePlane to the HypeTrain Station? I.E. can I buy a ticket for both (I am that excited)!

Just cause I just read that:

2 things: 1: That's new to me, where was that mentioned?

And more importantly 2:

Ummmm.... That's illogical. Why would I need EVA suits ON KERBIN? o_O

When you do EVA experiments at KSC, you're not really gaining any new information about the buildings and the grounds. You're testing sampling techniques and procedures for use in space. For which you need space suits. So it makes sense not to allow science until you have space suits.

It would be nice to be able to EVA without a suit if you're in breathable atmosphere and just limit what science you can get in that state. For use by Vanguard or any succeeding crew eject/crew parachute systems. But that would be extra complexity in stock that would have no benefit without the mod, so just enforcing "you have to unlock space suits" everywhere is good enough for me.

Question: Can I ride the HypePlane to the HypeTrain Station? I.E. can I buy a ticket for both (I am that excited)!

Yes, we do offer that package, which we call the FULL HYPE EXPERIENCE. (Yes, it must have the ALL CAPS.) One ticket for the FULL HYPE EXPERIENCE costs the price of four regular tickets.

The best part will be when you finally unlock space suits, get out, and take your hard-earned EVA report from KSC and it says, "You didn't really need a space suit to get here, did you?"

I KNEW THAT! YOU'RE THE ONE WHO DIDN'T.

:0.0:

Have they been planning this the WHOLE TIME?!? :confused:

As per OP:

And the HypeTrain has been updated too! No longer is it a mixed-traffic Black-Five MT, it's now a beautiful Gresley A3, rebuilt at HypeCrewe workshops at Derpcaster. She's been almost completely reassembled! Also, she's now alive. We installed an A.I. module in the smokebox, so she is like a Railway Series character, (except without a face, the animatronics were too expensive). She's now a full-blown passenger engine, as the freight service is now being fullfilled by a new engine bought from America. (It was a Big Boy, what else?)

Isn't the train a sentient being now, or was that more of Kasper poking around?

The train's sentient, but only by Railway Series rules. She can't drive herself, only feel like she's doing the work and apply work into her machine. I still have to drive her.