KSP Trailer Ideas for 1.0

Bill Phil

I have an idea for a KSP trailer for version 1.0.

My idea is to play "In the Hall of the Mountain King" while playing a compilation of KSP stuff. Starting with launches and when it gets more upbeat it switches from launches to crashes. I know 1.0 isn't anywhere near finished, but I think it's good to plan ahead.

if you have ideas or wish to build on mine don't hesitate.

Thanks.

I'm sure they will come up with something clever like they always do!

I always like the little animations... watching "gameplay" isn't really all that exciting to me. I'd rather watch MYSELF play it!

(and yes, I know this isn't the song you were referring to, I just like it better ;) )

A towering rocket fueling on the pad.

Three Kerbals walking in slow motion towards the elevator.

Bustling activity in Mission Control, and in the center of it, Gene Kerman sits calmly.

Countdown. Liftoff. That launch-tower-cam shot of the whole rocket sliding by as ice and paint fly off.

Kerbals floating aboard their little craft, horsing around on camera for the folks watching at home.

A lander descending towards the Mun. Brief shot of Gene covering his mouth with a nervous fist.

She's down. The hatch opens, and the first Kerbonaut slowly pokes his head out, ready for the first step.

The landing gear is too short, the lander is balanced on the engine bell, and there's no ladder.

KERBAL SPACE PROGRAM

A small rocket lifts off. It goes up maybe 500 meters, sputters out, falls back down and explodes. Observing from in front of a nearby barn, three Kerbals in lab coats scribble on clipboards wordlessly.

A medium rocket lifts off. It goes up farther, pitches over, disappears into the clouds ... falls back out of the clouds, and crashes into the sea. The scientists, now in front of a nicer building, take more notes.

A larger rocket lifts off. It gets past the clouds, up until the sky turns black and the horizon curves ... and sputters out. The scientists, watching the fireball of reentry from a distance, silently take notes.

A side-by-side three-panel montage of progressively larger rockets all lifting off, each one getting a little farther before running out of gas - high kerbin orbit, solar orbit, rocketing helplessly past Duna. Each time, it ends in notes.

Finally, a really rather huge rocket thunders into the sky from a bustling space launch complex. It stages, it brakes into orbit over Duna, plunges into the atmosphere, extends its landing legs, and sets down. Jeb and Bob emerge to plant a triumphant flag and strike a stoic pose. There is success and dancing in Mission Control. The scientists exchange silent congratulatory nods.

Satisfied, Jeb and Bob plop back down in their seats, brushing off red dust. Jeb, grinning, looks down at the fuel gauge. It reads, "Empty."

Back on Kerbin, the scientists exchange looks. Cut to a truly monstrous rocket heaving itself off the pad.

KERBAL SPACE PROGRAM

• 1 month later...

I know Nassault is busy with his huge Voyager movie and all, but who thinks that he and his colleagues should help make the 1.0 trailer? Squad could do the animating and whatnot, Nassault and friends could make the plot and help with the editing.

EDIT: 900th post! Woohoo! :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.