[1.3 - 1.2.2] Collision FX v4.0 (2017-03-09) Now with biome coloured dust!

pizzaoverhead

Hi again! Just have to say this little mod makes a very good addition to the game, however there is the previously mentioned wheel sparks issue and an issue (I think/hope) where the yellow effect is permanent? I noticed aswell that Kerbals rubbing against the side of an object, such as a command pod, creates sparks and a permanent yellow effect. Overall, though, a great mod. Well done!

This mod is awesome, but i had to uninstall it after a Jool aerobrake left my entire ship glowing yellow and constantly making clunking noises, long after the aerobrake had finished.

can you make the effect on the parts fade away after a certain period of inactivity?

Yeah, I also noticed that Kerbals running on crafts create sparks/sounds and the yellow glowing. Would be better if Kerbals don't cause this effect, at least at low speeds.

Also, a short video with use of this mod. Everything looks much cooler with it. :cool:

Holy crap on a stick! That midair breakup was something right out of a movie! I can't tell you how unbelievably awesome that was!:D

*Kerbals create sparks when bumping into and walking on parts.

*If you are still sparking while the two sparking surfaces are removed from each other, the lights remain; if you are touching but not sparking, then remove the two parts from each other, there's no leftover lights.

*The sparking is too sensitive, I feel like it should only ever happen if you're dragging along the ground at relatively high speed, not when you just bump the ground or when scraping slowly forwards.

*Moar Sound FX for different parts!

Edited by GregroxMun

That looks nice. Any chance of Atmospheric Sound Enhancement being updated soon?

No, still no luck with getting it working. I'm starting over again using a different strategy.

Looks pretty cool. Does it happen when crafts colide with each other or just against the ground?

It happens when the part's collider comes into contact with any other collider in the game, so both.

Might I suggest placing the current version in the title, so we know if we have to download an update without clicking into it? It doesn't take long for us, it's just convenient.

Done! :)

The gear bay sparking is still happening for me.

http://imgur.com/a/WKKNA

EDIT: It actually only seems to happen with that plane. Everything else works fine.

EDIT2: Rebuilt the plane from scratch, still happens.

It's that particular design with the wheels high on steeply slowed wings. I've been working on a fix for it over the weekend, but I've run out of coding time for the next day or so.

Edited by pizzaoverhead

I personally don't mind downloading this mod from either of the sites you posted, but it may be good to include a KerbalStuff link along with the others. I know myself and probably a lot others like to support smaller, community run web sites for these types of things. What's sad about that is that the community driven sites tend to work better than their counterparts. Anyway, it's up to you since you're the author. Once again, thanks for the nice mod!

Done! Kerbal Stuff download now available.

Pizzaoverhead, this is a really super addon. Can I suggest something that would be cool?

Adding sparks/flame effects to stage separation to mimic explosive bolts.

THAT is a very good idea! The decouplers do claim to have small amounts of explosives in them. This would really enhance the experience for me.

Wow! What a great mod, I didn't even realize I wanted this. I have a few small feature suggestions I have that I think would fit well with this mod. A bit of smoke from the landing wheels when landing at high speeds. Also, eventually some sort of options menu might be something to consider. That way we can have quick and easy way to change a few variables, like effects size, and the speed thresh-hold for sparks and what-not, to our individual preferences.

The Kerbal Foundries wheels and the OPT landing gear are both sparking.

Thanks for the bug report. I've just released version 1.2 which adds a fix for the Kerbal Foundries wheels and tracks. The OTP landing gear should be working for most craft. I have a bug fix in the works that should clean up the remaining issues for all craft.

Wow! What a great mod, I didn't even realize I wanted this. I have a few small feature suggestions I have that I think would fit well with this mod. A bit of smoke from the landing wheels when landing at high speeds. Also, eventually some sort of options menu might be something to consider. That way we can have quick and easy way to change a few variables, like effects size, and the speed thresh-hold for sparks and what-not, to our individual preferences.

Tyre smoke like the Firespitter wheels have will come at some point. The next plugin release will provide options in ModuleManager_CollisionFX.cfg for adjusting the effects. A GUI would be further down the line.

Congrats on the spotlight thing in the Modding Mondays part of the blog!

Oh cool, hadn't seen that! Thanks!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.