[1.3 - 1.2.2] Collision FX v4.0 (2017-03-09) Now with biome coloured dust!

pizzaoverhead

What this mod really needs to make crashes more spectacular is that parts that are not explosive (fuel tanks and such) won't explode unless they impact at very, very high speeds (at which point the friction forces would create temperatures so high that the non-explosive parts would vaporize). That way if you crash, most parts will just break apart, scatter and create a glorious cloud of sparks while they slide to a halt. You can see how cool that looks if you turn No Crash Damage on in the debug menu.

Pizzaoverhead, would this be possible to do?

Are you still seeing that with version 1.2? That shouldn't happen any more.

I see the last file on Curse.com is uploaded 9 hours ago. I'll update it and let you know.

I'm ok with Kerbals producing sparks on impacts, but if you're gonna remove it, don't remove the sound of them thumping into objects. Remember "Gravity". It was very nice.

I'm ok with Kerbals producing sparks on impacts, but if you're gonna remove it, don't remove the sound of them thumping into objects. Remember "Gravity". It was very nice.

I do quite enjoy the thumping. Especially when I load a truck with kerbals. *thump* *thump* *thump* *poof*

Wonderful mod.

P.S. It might be the part reacting to contact, and not the kerbals.

I have an idea for an addition to this mod:

You know when you land a bit hard with the deployable landing legs and they don't retract anymore because the mechanism is broken? What if a small burst-sounding explosion appeared in the cylinders of the landing legs when that happened?

I see the last file on Curse.com is uploaded 9 hours ago. I'll update it and let you know.

I do quite enjoy the thumping. Especially when I load a truck with kerbals. *thump* *thump* *thump* *poof*

Wonderful mod.

Kerbals need their own sound effects. I've removed it for now, but I'll be adding it back when I have suitable sounds.

Wonderful mod.

That reminds me of something I hope can be implemented one day: defining "surfaces" that kerbals can walk on that can be on craft in motion -- like the floor of a cargo bay (or back of a truck)... but this isn't for this mod. :)

I noticed that parks spark on contact in space. Don't sparks need oxygen to even happen? Maybe do a check for oxygen before the sparking effects are activated.

It depends. Some friction sparks are just incadescence due to friction heat, and the brigther ones are particles' surface oxidation.

Loving the mod, did find a small issue with it though:

http://i.gyazo.com/73dfb78ef9161fc21d2ee9a2a425e63e.png

Hi! I noticed that you added configs for kerbal foundries tracks and wheels? I was wondering if you were going to add configs for the anti gravs...?

Release 2.0 is now available. It fixes these issues, and also the light and sound effects being stuck in some cases.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.