[1.3 - 1.2.2] Collision FX v4.0 (2017-03-09) Now with biome coloured dust!

pizzaoverhead

EDIT: Never mind. CKAN didn't give me the ModuleManager DLL. It's working now.

You need to list the Module Manager as a dependency in CKAN for your mod. I think you might have forgotten to do that.

I'm having some issues with this mod. Specifically, it doesn't do anything for me. At all. No sparks, no screeches, no nothing. I suspect either an old version of the mod or a conflict of some kind. I installed the mod using CKAN. I don't have many mods, but here's my list:

KSP 1.0.2

Astronomer's Pack PlanetShine configuration

Chatterer 0.9.1

CollisionFX 3.0.2

Editor Extensions 2.7

Heat Management 0.21a

HyperEdit 1.4

Kerbal Engineer Redux 1.0.16.6

PlanetShine 0.2.3.1

Is it updated on CKAN?

Whoever is distributing CollisionFX via CKAN isn't me. You'll have to contact them with any issues.

Glad you fixed the sparking tank treads from Kerbal Foundries. (Although it was nifty) I had to do that myself in the last version. Thanks!

Are wheels/tracks not supposed to kick up dust, though? When the sparks were malfunctioning on the tank treads it looked really cool on Duna. If they aren't supposed to, I'd like to vote for them doing so in the future.

Edited by Rhedd

Are the lights from collision supposed to be on full blast when any collision FX happens at all? I mean, when it starts and you're moving at a slow speed. It gets normal once you really scrape the ground.

Edited by RyanRising
You'll never know!

Great mod! Works good, except one thing. I have no dust or any sparks from stock wheels, Adjustable landing gears and Kerbal Foundries 1.0.2, running in opengl mode, got latest versions of all listed mods.

Am i missing something or it's just not supported yet?

Whoever is distributing CollisionFX via CKAN isn't me. You'll have to contact them with any issues.

When i read part "Whoever is distributing CollisionFX via CKAN isn't me." > isn't me. < my paranoia was get on skyrocket instant, what means it rise a serious question "CKAN" can be a trust 3rd apps or not? all data are found there is from original mod''er or not ?!?!?! coz really let say if me or enyone can post a application using / hide behind other one is really really dangerous Pandora box virus, trojan are just 2 think what came in my mind ;)

I like this MOD pizzaoverhead, add a nice touch to "catastrophic failures"...

However, and this is more a suggestion than a criticism, could you add a config setting to disable the "light" effect caused when a part scrap on the ground or on another part? I find it a bit overdone especially when crashing on dirt... The sparks effect is just right though.

When i read part "Whoever is distributing CollisionFX via CKAN isn't me." > isn't me. < my paranoia was get on skyrocket instant, what means it rise a serious question "CKAN" can be a trust 3rd apps or not? all data are found there is from original mod''er or not ?!?!?! coz really let say if me or enyone can post a application using / hide behind other one is really really dangerous Pandora box virus, trojan are just 2 think what came in my mind ;)

I wouldn't be too worried. All ckan does is keep track of where mods can be downloaded from and then downloads them for you. If you're suspicious, you can take a look at the metadata and see exactly where it downloads the mod from - in case of CollisionFX the download link is (https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/381/Collision%20FX/download/3.2), which is the same as clicking the download button here: https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/381/Collision%20FX

I wouldn't be too worried. All ckan does is keep track of where mods can be downloaded from and then downloads them for you. If you're suspicious, you can take a look at the metadata and see exactly where it downloads the mod from - in case of CollisionFX the download link is (https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/381/Collision%20FX/download/3.2), which is the same as clicking the download button here: https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/381/Collision%20FX

Also the CKAN database is actually built right off kerbalstuff, so, it only parses what's on that site. It won't do any other external links, either. The protection from a bad thing on there is the requirement for source code to be published and with the program, so you can do a comparison or virus scan it beforehand.

works on 1.0.4 but

either i'm smoking something or it is causing red/white/green spheres, about 1 meter diameter, to randomly spawn at collision locations

the spheres are unclickable and seem gfx effect only, do not collide, do not move, go away, etc

i was getting this every launch until i removed this mod, problem gone

wasn't getting this in 1.0.2, so think somethin happened, or perhaps a simple recompile needed

• 1 month later...

Aaaaand THIS is why I don't use CKAN... This plus the fact that I can just install everything manually. Using CKAN remings me of using Mechjeb as a crutch to not learn more. It is handy though.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Does anyone know how I could adjust the mod so that wheels produce sparks/dust all the time? Thanks :)

Kerbal Foundries has a dust FX module that you could possibly put in stock wheels. This way you could have the trailing dust without the obnoxious scraping sound. I'd also suggest the Wheel Sounds mod so the stock wheels make sound.

Collision FX version 3.3 is now available! This version includes customisable dust colours for each biome on every body, a bug fix for spark light being overly bright, reduced spark light, a cfg option to adjust park light, and a new sound effect!

Biome colours

Settings.cfg now includes definitions for dust colours for each biome. These are in the following form:

DustBody
{
name = BodyName
Biomes
{
Biome Name = R, G, B, A
Biome 2 Name = R, G, B, A
}
}

The CollisionFX part modules, generally in ModuleManager_CollisionFX.cfg, can be customised with the following settings:

volume - How loud the sound effects should be. Default value: 0.5

scrapeSparks - Whether the part produces sparks as well as dust. Default value: true

collisionSound - The path from GameData to the sound file to be used for collisions, without the file extension. .ogg and .wav files are supported. e.g. CollisionFX/Sounds/MySound

wheelImpactSound - The path from GameData to the sound file to be used for collisions of the wheel rubber on parts that have wheels, without the file extension. .ogg and .wav files are supported. e.g. CollisionFX/Sounds/MySound

scrapeSound - The path from GameData to the sound file to be used for sliding along the ground, without the file extension. .ogg and .wav files are supported. e.g. CollisionFX/Sounds/MySound

sparkSound - The path from GameData to the sound file to be used for sliding with sparks, without the file extension. .ogg and .wav files are supported. e.g. CollisionFX/Sounds/MySound

sparkLightIntensity - How bright the light from sparks should be. Default value: 0.05

minScrapeSpeed - How fast a part has to be travelling against something else to trigger scrape effects, in m/s. Default value: 1

Edited by pizzaoverhead

Reverting to 3.2 until this:

http://imgur.com/a/Lgd8k

But THX for the update! CollisionFX is one of my favourite cosmetic mod. I'm looking forward to update :)

Ha! Yep, the best way to make a new release is to stay up all night doing it, and then upload one of the old files you were using for testing dust colours...

The correct release is now available on MediaFire and CurseForge. The Kerbal Stuff upload is refusing to complete at the moment.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.