Any interest in 0.625m mini space plane parts?

HoY

I've been thinking a little bit about things I used to do in ksp before I took the summer off, and one of them was build small fighter style ships that dock into a carrier ship. Looking back at it, I was never 100% satisfied with the parts I had available, and am considering making some more just for this purpose. I'm thinking of at least a 0.625m cockpit, fuselage, main body that has wings incorporated, and hard points for either a single or dual engines. Probably in-layed spaces for a .625 fusion reactors. I don't think they will end up looking very stock like, except for the textures. Kinda thinking something along the lines of an F35 meets a Romulan Warbird, possibly a couple different variants consisting of a 100% non atmospheric version which instead of wings will have weapon pylons, and no air intakes. My skills in blender leave some room for growth, and my free time is a bit flooded with real life adventures, but I have been looking for something I can contribute to lately, and I know several people that can help with a lot of the technical hurdles ill come up against along the way.

What does everyone think? Any interest? I might get some time in the next few days to pencil a sketch together to show more of what I am aiming at.

That would be a nice idea, despite the small cockpit need a better "kerbal cruncher" (as players seems not very mad about this huge inaccuracy of former C7's parts) or be unkerballed.

I like building small probe plane with some of my mods (especially low profile misc engines, which have a 0.625 ultra efficiency Xenon powered engine, which is great with just 2 tanks + the simple wings I've made for the wings tutorial, they are small and also generate lot's of lift).

RLA stockalike mod also include small parts (there are many engines but I never tried them yet).

Been thinking a lot about the cockpit designs, and was thinking of something similar to an a-10 design for the space only variant. The bubble canopy that's got good visibility but a fair amount of solid material around the pilot. It will have to be extremely cramped inside it but I don't want to have the kerbal not actually fit in it, as I want to use RPM to make him visible from outside, and have a proper working IVA.

Thinking about something similar to a harrier cockpit for the atmospheric variant, but who knows what it will turn out to be by the time I get that far

I didn't ask for parts, I'm not sure where you are getting that from. I'm considering making a new line of parts and asking for feedback on them before I do something only I will enjoy.

sorry, I'm half asleep near the end of my shift

I didn't read properly

Edited by MartGonzo
spelling

I'd be keen, I'm kinda avoiding using tweakscale as I get too tempted to abuse it ;)

There are a couple of mods already with smaller engines, but obvious gaps exist. esp. wings and landing gear.

Edited by steve_v

I was planning on focusing on making the "fighters" to be armed with weapon mods. Gatling, lazor, skillful, and whatever other ones have small mountable guns and missiles. I think skillful has a warhead payload plugin, which could probably be integrated into a probe core nose cone or something later.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.