Raptor's Craft Download Catalog - Tested & Proven

Raptor9

I finally had a chance to really dig into the DLC's robotics today.  Not just making stuff like robotic arms and ramps, but testing specific applications with multiple craft together.  So far the results are fairly mixed.  As an example of a failed, however rather humorous test, I tried docking two ground vehicles together via a robotic arm.  The resultant behavior would be characterized as "unacceptable for publishing on KerbalX", ha ha.

On 6/7/2019 at 4:50 PM, Jestersage said:

I would say it's a slight shame (since I am proud of my ability to mount the LRV within the descent stage pre-BG), but they are not as accurate regardless.

I've already scratched a small handful of possible applications off my list of ideas.  I think the most that I'll do to the LV-1 family of landers is add the surface science stuff, and keep the rover deployment method as is.  It's too bad, but hardly unfortunate.  In the end, I would rather have a proven craft that works well despite being less accurate to it's real-life inspiration.  I mean, worst thing that happens is an existing craft doesn't change to incorporate the BG DLC.

With regards to my space shuttle, what I think I'm going to do is (whenever I get around to it) finish the SVR-20 revision and keep it with just non-DLC parts as I originally stated last month.  However, if I get a working CanadArm RMS, I'll probably post it as a subassembly, and include an easily removable mount in the SVR-20 cargo bay to attach it to.  And if someone does want to use it, it's just a couple more mouse clicks to mount it prior to launch.  At least, that's the plan at the moment.

On 6/4/2019 at 9:31 AM, Jester Darrak said:

Yeah, they did make one.

The resultant behavior would be characterized as "unacceptable for publishing on KerbalX", ha ha.

Maybe make a new category for your KerbalX page. 'Jeb and Bill's Garage', anything that 'works' (kinda/sorta) and/or is funny to watch in action. Little humor ain't a bad thing, after all.

4 hours ago, Treveli said:

Maybe make a new category for your KerbalX page. 'Jeb and Bill's Garage', anything that 'works' (kinda/sorta) and/or is funny to watch in action.

That would be outside the scope for the catalog.  The whole purpose of the catalog is to make available craft files that have been thoroughly tested and proven on actual missions.  Not everyone wants to spend hours in the VAB/SPH editor creating or perfecting designs; some just want to fly and/or explore.  This may be due to a lack of interest in the engineering aspect of KSP, or a lack of proficiency.  Regardless, the point is to let others benefit from engineering and testing that has already been performed within my own save so they can accomplish their KSP objectives within theirs.  If it's not in my catalog, then it's not in my career save either.

Hey Raptor,

I just wanted to say thanks for all your cool designs. While I play 2.5x nowadays, your designs are pretty inspirational. I basically consider them "canon" for stock KSP. 

Are you planning to update the Gateway station design to be in line with the more recent concepts?

Edited by Machinique

4 hours ago, Anth12 said:

I was wondering what is the mod that allows for making the blueprints of the crafts? Kronal?

Correct, Kronal Vessel Viewer.  It's listed as 1.5.1+, and it still works in 1.7.1...haven't downloaded 1.7.2 yet, but I'm sure it'll be fine.

On 6/11/2019 at 1:52 PM, Machinique said:

Are you planning to update the Gateway station design to be in line with the more recent concepts?

Nah, there really is no need to.  The only time I really update the Gateway Station is if the new configuration adds functionality that I like.  The most recent update I performed added a station module for storing propellant, along with a docking port that can be used by an upcoming satellite servicing robot I'm building.

Technically, there are two "Gateway" stations in my save.  The first one is just named 'Wernher Station' and is around Minmus; this one is modeled after the slightly older version of LOP-G, the Boeing Exploration Habitat (picture below).  There have been so many iterations of the "Lunar Gateway" concept by NASA in the past decade: Exploration Gateway Platform, Deep Space Habitat, Exploration Habitat, Deep Space Gateway, now Lunar Orbital Platform-Gateway.  You could easily change which Station Module subassemblies you use to build any one of them, or throw some custom ones in there yourself if you're trying to keep the "accuracy" up to date.  I'm not too concerned with it, the design will probably change again next year.

Image result for boeing lop-g

Edited by Raptor9

RANGER CORPS ANNOUNCEMENT

I'm very pleased to finally release a sizeable project I've been quietly working on alongside the other collections I published within the past six months or so. :) I started work in late fall of 2018, and ever since I've slowly been chipping away at it until last month. Enough chit-chat, roll the video...

WHAT IS RANGER CORPS AND WHY IS THIS A THING?

Spoiler

'Ranger Corps' is an idea I had for a volunteer organization within the government of Kerbin, that specializes in patroling the inland, maritime and airspace environments, performs search and rescue, and provides forward logistical support for civil agencies such as exploration and scientific expeditions. Think of it as a combination of the U.S. Coast Guard, Civil Air Patrol, and U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.

A little bit of background history. Military organizations in the past have been involved in the exploration of the world's frontiers. From Lewis and Clark's expeditions across North America to the Army Corps of Engineers building the ALCAN highway through the Canadian and Alaskan wilderness. Among it's many missions, the Coast Guard performs search and rescue and maritime safety. The Civil Air Patrol patrol also performs search and rescue duties in instances of accidents and natural disasters, along with public outreach and aviation education to encourage understanding and development of aviation among local communities.

As part of the "Kerbalverse" background that I've outlined to support the Ranger Corps as an entity, the Kerbals are a primarily coastal-dwelling species, with few historical ventures into the inland wilderness of the large continents. However, this has led to some significant challenges when traveling by land, with the major routes following the coastlines. When Kerbal aerospace technology improved to the point of practical air travel, not only was high-speed travel to opposing coasts a reality, but so was the potential for rapid exploration of the continental inland regions; along with the hazards of such operations. The Ranger Corps was chartered to expand on the legacy maritime patrol mission, and given the task of supporting scientific expeditions inland, performing search and rescue of stranded aircraft in remote locations, and setting up rough-field airstrips with supplies (such as fuel) for short-range "hops" across the continents.

Some notable veterans of the Ranger Corps (such as Jeb, Bill, and Bob) became leading astronauts during the early days of the Kerbal Space Agency. As the Kerbals began their initial experimental space program from the KSC, the Ranger Corps quietly began performing their own orbital trials from secret locations such as Woomerang. By the time their austere airstrip in the western desert was built to support larger orbital launches, the program became known to the public. Additional veterans of the program (such as Valentina) began to make their way to the Kerbal Space Agency as the Ranger Corps began to work more closely with the KSA.

Currently, the Ranger Corps has extended their search and rescue duties into low Kerbin orbit. They provide logistical support for scientific activities throughout the Kerbin Sphere-of-Influence, such as satellite servicing and propellant staging. Additionally, they maintain a research platform in low Eve orbit for the benefit of the KSA. Although scientific exploration is not their primary mission, they do maintain a presence in the background of the KSA activities to ensure safety and provide support if needed.

This background fiction also gives me an excuse to field a large collection of Soviet/Russian-inspired spacecraft and concepts.  These designs are notably of a different style and emphasis of design characteristics, as are their real-life counterparts.  As such, I've also developed a different naming convention, which is why the Russian Station Module subassemblies are now 'Orbital Modules' (they will remain in the SM-series KerbalX hanger however).

Additional nuggets of background lore are embedded within the craft file descriptions on each graphic if you're interested. ;)

THE "KERBIN-BASED LOGISTICS" PROJECT & M.A.P.S. - MULTI-PLATFORM AIR-DROPPED PROBES FOR SURFACE

Spoiler

I've already commented multiple times about my desire to enable Kerbin-based exploration more feasible. Short of doing sub-orbital hops into different Kerbin locations, there seemed to be two constants for exploring Kerbin itself: 1) the requirement for ultra-long range aircraft, and 2) the inevitable crash of such aircraft when trying to land on rough terrain near a surface science waypoint.

The first problem will be addressed with a later section of the project in the following days.

To address the second problem of crashing while trying to take sensor readings on the surface, the solution was simply "don't land the plane, land the sensors." This took the form of devices analogous to free-fall bombs and air-to-ground missiles.

The MAPS-FF (Free-Fall) devices are basically canisters that are dropped onto a surface science point. After jettison, they deploy a parachute to zero out their forward velocity and place them gently on the ground (or water). With a push of Action Group [9], the device takes a sensor reading, and with a push of Action Group [0], the device transmits that data back to the KSC via whatever comms network is in place. Each MAPS-FF device is labeled according to what specific sensor is mounted on the nose, and has enough battery power for one sensor reading and transmission.

The MAPS-GR (Guided Rocket) devices mirror the free-fall variants in sensor capability and function, but are made to allow the user to have more precise control over where the devices are placed. If you are approaching a mountain range and you want to place a sensor at a very precise point deep in a valley without flying your aircraft into it, the MAPS-GR is launched from several kilometers out, rocketing away from the aircraft and controllable by the user if switched to it (reaction wheels are used in place of tiny control vanes). By adjusting the trajectory, the player can put the missile into a steep climb or steep dive directly over the target zone to cancel out lateral velocity prior to deploying the parachute.

An additional application of the Guided Rocket variant is high-altitude sensor readings. With little atmospheric drag and using the launching aircraft as a 1st stage booster, the MAPS-GR devices can be launched quite high into the upper atmosphere for any crazy aerial survey contracts. This is especially true when launched from a high performance aircraft in a zoom climb like the X-13 or the upcoming MiG-31 analogue, the C7 170 'Firebird'.

As an added bonus, the M.E.R.S.A. (Multi-platform External Retrofitted Sensor Assembly) pods are also available along with pre-built fuel drop tank subassemblies. These will allow you to retro-fit other aircraft with science sensors and extended flight range, such as the C7 120 'Swift' or C7 150 'Heron', and additional battery storage for transmitting those readings while in flight. These are modeled after targeting pods that are mounted on real-life strike fighter aircraft.

The entirety of this project will have to be released over the span of several days due to limitations of how many KerbalX craft you can upload at one time (to prevent spam).  In addition to the numerous existing craft that have been updated, notably aircraft and the Soviet/Russian station modules, there are currently 47 brand new craft files/subassemblies to be uploaded.  The first ten (minus the fuel drop tanks) have been uploaded and are shown below in the graphic:

MAPS%20MERSA%20Fuel%20Drop%20Tanks%20Small_zpsp5blbxee.png     MAPS%20Loading%20amp%20Employment%20Small_zpshbgtdmri.png

A link to download these can be found in the Subassemblies section of the OP.  I intend to release the next batch each day, but if I don't it's probably because real-life stuff has prevented me from doing so.  As soon as I am able, I will resume publishing until the project is complete.

Edited by Raptor9
typos

13 minutes ago, Jestersage said:

Also notice you have your Russian Series (soyuz/N1) in there (after pleading by many people).

Well, to be fair I implemented them because I wanted to try a new direction in craft design, not because others wanted me to. :)  But I'll go more into the thought and design process of each day's craft releases when I post them.

5 minutes ago, The Dunatian said:

You know fellows, I still can't decide whether that new animation is a salute or this gesture:

My understanding, it's based on the gesture that Mexican civilians make during the playing of their national anthem, since Squad is located in Mexico City. :wink:

Edited by Raptor9

19 hours ago, Raptor9 said:

RANGER CORPS ANNOUNCEMENT

I'm very pleased to finally release a sizeable project I've been quietly working on alongside the other collections I published within the past six months or so. :) I started work in late fall of 2018, and ever since I've slowly been chipping away at it until last month. Enough chit-chat, roll the video...

WHAT IS RANGER CORPS AND WHY IS THIS A THING?

:D:D:D:D:D:O :O :O :O :O

My jaw!  Somebody find my jaw! it's on the floor somewhere!

[edit: I would watch the hell out of this show!]

Edited by Beetlecat

Next batch of Ranger Corps-related craft/subassembly files are uploaded.  The 3x Fuel Drop Tank subassemblies and the remaining Orbital Module subassemblies, along with the C7 170 'Firebird' and the C7 310 'Pelican' aircraft.  While the 'Pelican' isn't part of the Ranger Corps per se, it will prove useful in setting up remote field sites.  The C7 310 has very good STOL capabilities, a large fuel reserve, and a decent cargo capacity as well.

C7%20310%20Pelican%20Small_zpsyctbqzhw.png     C7%20170%20Firebird%20Small_zpseghzozjy.png

For those that don't recognize it, the C7 170 'Firebird' is inspired by the Russian MiG-31 supersonic interceptor.  From an aerospace junkie's perspective (ie. Me), the MiG-31 ranks up there with high performance aircraft like the SR-71 and XB-70.  What's unique about the 'Firebird' is unlike some of my other fast-moving and high-flying jets, the C7 170's airfoil is tuned for stable supersonic cruise around 15,000 to 16,000 meters altitude.  Using a design technique from the WR-24 'HawkEye', the C7 170's lifting and control surfaces are angled in such a way that the aircraft is neutrally stable at those altitude/airspeed conditions.  At lower altitudes it may require a significant forward pitch input to maintain attitude, but for the most part the 'Firebird' has a low workload to maintain level flight at high altitudes.

Additionally, like the X-8, the C7 170 has modular engine mounts, allowing easy interchange of engines and aft fuel tank assemblies for cruising at even higher altitudes like 30,000 meters.  A sensor probe mounted near the cockpit is standard for measuring barometric pressure and outside air temperature, along with underwing pylons for additional fuel tanks, M.E.R.S.A. sensor pods, or M.A.P.S. probes.  The 'Firebird' also has a significant fuel reserve, allowing it to circum-navigate around Kerbin at high altitudes and airspeeds without refueling.

Edited by Raptor9

Another day, another batch of craft files.  This update is mainly focused on the KALV family of vehicles, but also leads us into the spacecraft side.  The KALV-series builds upon and expands the original ATSV, further enabling exploration of the Kerbin continents via dedicated exploration and logistics vehicles (the ATSV has received a much needed facelift and update as well).  All of these vehicles are designed to be air-dropped, however ensure the only fuel in them is their fuel-cell bipropellant in their small Oscar-B tanks.  Otherwise the larger logistics vehicles will be too heavy and will likely impact the surface at higher velocities.

Also pay attention to the warning and caution associated with them, lest you let KSP physics ruin your mission.  As a further note, the FHT is a subassembly, allowing you to attach it directly to the ATSV in the SPH if desired.  The ATSV and FHT are designed to be airdropped together.  In other instances, if you try to air-drop the ATSV or ATLV by themselves...bad things will happen.  This is unfortunately the best I can do with the current implementation of physics in KSP.

Kerbin%20Air-dropped%20Logistics%20Vehicles%20Small_zpsm1obmuz0.png     OP-1-Kodiak-X%20Small_zpsgymq396g.png

KERBIN AIR-DROPPED LOGISTICS VEHICLES & FORWARD REFUELING SITES

Spoiler

Sometimes, dropping sensors like the M.A.P.S. onto the surface isn't enough. Nor is a couple of external drop tanks sufficient for achieving the desired range of flight. What if the player is forcing a game mechanic on themselves where every Kerbal that re-enters Kerbin's atmosphere has to be physically recovered and brought back to the KSC? Capsules don't always land in an area that is suitable for landing a plane; and search and rescue aircraft like the C7 182 'Seahawk' don't have the range required for such operations beyond several hundred kilometers.

With that, the KALV (Kerbin Air-dropped Logistics Vehicles) come into play. The concept is modeled after air-dropping vehicles and equipment onto a drop zone to set up Forward Arming and Refueling Points (FARPs) for military helicopters. In this KSP strategy however, it's air-dropping Kerbin-optimized ISRU and refueling equipment over an area pre-surveyed for landing aircraft. When suitable areas are identified that are flat and level enough to make safe landings of aircraft, these vehicles are air-dropped or driven out the back of cargo planes to set up forward refueling points. Shorter-ranged aircraft can then trek across the Kerbin Badlands, or island-hop across the vast oceans, until they reach their destination.

I will warn you though, that transporting and air-dropping these vehicles are probably the most finicky and risky endeavors you may undertake within my catalog. Due to the behavior of "landed" vessels within the cargo bay of a flying aircraft, please read the Limitations, Warning, and Caution on the KALV information graphic. But despite the odd behaviors within KSP, air-dropping these vehicles onto small remote islands after flying across an ocean is a lot of fun. :)

Obviously inspired by Sputnik, 'OP-1' (or Orbital Probe 1) is essentially a test payload for launch trials of the 'Kodiak' rocket system.  The rocket has been pre-rotated for it's appropriate launch azimuth from Woomerang, so all you have to do is pitch down and any failed launch will result in it splashing down in the ocean to the east/southeast of the continent.

OV-1X%20Star%20Small_zpsyqbyl7ki.png     OV-1OT%20Dawn%20Small_zpswx6ybvzt.png

Inspired by Vostok and Voskhod respectively, the OV-1X (Experimental) and OV-1OT (Orbital Trials) are the earliest spacecraft in the Ranger Corps orbital vehicle test program.  Not really much to be said about these craft, except I tried to incorporate key systems from their real-life counterparts, such as the emergency reentry system on the Voskhod.  These 'Kodiak' rocket launchers a specifically tuned in thrust and propellant levels to achieve low Kerbin orbit.

Edited by Raptor9

13 minutes ago, Jestersage said:

Question: What inspired you to put the backup RCS into the Voskhod clone's re-entry capsule?

Well, if the capsule has an emergency solid rocket motor reentry thruster pack, there will need to be some thrusters that can re-orient the capsule into the proper attitude prior to activating that system.  I don't know if this was accurate to how the Voskhod's emergency reentry system functioned, but I figured it was a simple means to accomplish the same overall functionality in KSP.

21 hours ago, Raptor9 said:

Well, if the capsule has an emergency solid rocket motor reentry thruster pack, there will need to be some thrusters that can re-orient the capsule into the proper attitude prior to activating that system.  I don't know if this was accurate to how the Voskhod's emergency reentry system functioned, but I figured it was a simple means to accomplish the same overall functionality in KSP.

My intepretation is that in the event retro rocket fail to fire (1 minute burn max, need 42 second minimum to burn for Vostok's lower orbit), they will use the service module to reorient the capsule and then activate the solid aux retro. 

Not that there's anything wrong with your intepretation, as your Voskhod is functional and make logic sense, while IRL the Voskhod is Soviets trying to one up Gemini and thus is minimum effort ( they just removed the ejection seat and replace it with a bench without changing the instrument panel's orientation)

EDIT: Saw your updates. Will ask question after you post your write up.

Edited by Jestersage

In today's update we have analogs to the Soyuz 7K-LOK, Soyuz/LK/N1-L3 Soviet moon landing configuration, Soyuz-TM, Progress-M, Salyut-1, Salyut-7, and an abbreviated line-up of R-7 rocket inspired lifters.  Regarding the N1-L3-inspired 'Grizzly' rocket, I wanted to have this rocket solely powered by Jeb's Junkyard engines, both for sizing and for fictional scenario reasons within the 'Kerbalverse' concept.  The most glaring inconsistency is the 'Grizzly' rockets size in relation to not just the OV-2M spacecraft and L-1 lander, but also the 'Olympus 5' rocket.  In reality, the N1-L3 was about the same height as the Saturn V, whereas my 'Grizzly' is only about 2/3rds the height of my 'Olympus 5' rocket. The main limitation was part count, which really hindered how true to its real-life counterpart I could make the 'Grizzly'. In the end, I believe I found a good balance between function, aesthetics and frame rate. :P

OV-2M%20Drake-Kodiak-MP%20Small_zpsmg2ufap4.png     OV-2M%20Drake-Grizzly-M%20L-1M%20Small_zpsajlmlbgo.png

OV-2MP%20Drake-Kodiak-MP%20Small_zpspwm2qi4d.png     OR-2L%20Knarr%20Small_zps283pyppn.png

THE OV-2 'DRAKE' & THE SOYUZ SPACECRAFT

Spoiler

In the past, I've experimented with making a Soyuz spacecraft, mainly out of the fun of it and to see how it would turn out. I would see so many Soyuz-style ships on these forums and KerbalX that essentially double-stacked one of the KV-series crew pods, with the aft pod modified into the bell-shape of the reentry capsule. As someone that takes into account the logic of the IVA, it didn't make sense to have two almost identical cockpits for the reentry and orbital modules. So I ditched the two-module configuration entirely. Instead, I decided to replace the reentry-module section with a service module extension. Despite the 2- and 3-seat pods being intended for Voskhod-style spacecraft, I decided to use them as my Soyuz-style spacecraft as well.

With the service module extension, the OV-2 'Drake's delta-V capabilities are significantly superior to the EV-2B, and comparable to the EV-2C. While the solar panels themselves aren't quite proportional to the real-life Soyuz, they are more than sufficient for the spacecraft's power requirements, while keeping mass and part counts low (as compared to using the latest DLC robotics to improve the aesthetics).

The OR-2L 'Knarr', being a Progress-inspired analog, really has no other function than to serve as an elaborate propellant delivery vehicle, similar to the SLV-M 'Tender'. This function is rendered redundant once an ISRU-based propellant economy is set up within the Kerbin SOI, however for those players that aren't to that point in their save or do not wish to rely on said economy, this craft presents a different alternative for propellant delivery to LKO space stations. This also falls in line with one of the Ranger Corps' mission sets to enable logistics for other spacecraft from the Kerbin Space Agency.

While the real-life Salyut stations were launched on Proton rockets, my Proton analog was neither large enough or powerful enough to launch these monolithic space stations.  So, assuming the 'Grizzly' rocket system was to be adapted for other uses, the 'Grizzly-IC' intermediate cargo rocket system was devised, removing the 1st stage from the 'Grizzly-M' and modifying the second stage slightly to serve as a 1st stage.  These stations are intended to support exploration of the Kerbin wilderness by serving as crewed orbital reconnaissance satellites for scanning biomes, terrain elevation, anomalies, as well as relaying communications from exploration or search & rescue teams on the surface.

OS-1%20Overwatch%20Small_zps9jgmwczt.png     OS-2%20Sky%20Patrol%20Small_zpsi8bimaos.png

OS-1, OS-2 & SOVIET SALYUT SPACE STATIONS

Spoiler

The OS-1 and OS-2 represent a very robust surface scanning capability in lieu of using the AKOS satellites. Besides having better sensor fields-of-view and anomaly detection capabilites compared to the AKOS satellites, these space stations also represent single-launch space stations analogous to the KOL or 'Sky Lab' space stations. Easy to launch, no assembly required. With the lack of scientific equipment, these space stations are still just glorified terrain/biome scanning satellites. No Kerbals are technically required for these stations to fulfill their mission of providing surface scanning and comms relays for Kerbin exploration expeditions, but then again the same became true for the original missions of both the Soviet and American military space stations of the 1960's. Unmanned spy satellites could perform the jobs for a fraction of the money and risk compared to manned orbital platforms.

As for the OS-1 and OS-2 stations however, these can serve as locations for new Kerbalnauts to get that valuable XP and practice in orbital rendezvous and docking, as well as serving as additional assets in low Kerbin orbit for planning Kerbin surface exploration missions. It should be noted that the OS-1 is an analog to the Salyut 1 space station specifically, and the OS-2 is an analog to Salyut 7. The next release will feature the OS-3 which is analogous to the Almaz stations.

One final note about these spacecraft.  While I performed a lot of online research trying to identify and narrow down the precise models and variants of the real-life Soviet/Russian spacecraft I was attempting to emulate, my research may be flawed and some of these spacecraft's real-life influences may be mis-identified.  There are a LOT more variants of both the Soyuz spacecraft and the R-7/Soyuz rocket family out there, and each has it's own unique and precise differences from it's various sister spacecraft/rockets.  So it is very possible I may have gotten my "infobits" crossed here and there, but again, I think I have gotten a rather decent and faithful set of Kerbalized analogs published here. :)

Tomorrow I plan to release the final set of craft files for my 'Ranger Corps' project in its current form, but if I don't get to it due to work (which is very possible considering my schedule tomorrow), the release will happen as soon as I am able.

Edited by Raptor9

One final note about these spacecraft.  While I performed a lot of online research trying to identify and narrow down the precise models and variants of the real-life Soviet/Russian spacecraft I was attempting to emulate, my research may be flawed and some of these spacecraft's real-life influences may be mis-identified.  There are a LOT more variants of both the Soyuz spacecraft and the R-7/Soyuz rocket family out there, and each has it's own unique and precise differences from it's various sister spacecraft/rockets.  So it is very possible I may have gotten my "infobits" crossed here and there, but again, I think I have gotten a rather decent and faithful set of Kerbalized analogs published here. :)

Tomorrow I plan to release the final set of craft files for my 'Ranger Corps' project in its current form, but if I don't get to it due to work (which is very possible considering my schedule tomorrow), the release will happen as soon as I am able.

Don't worry about too much of the details. The problem with Soviet is that many are not documented, grainy photos, a he-said-she-said, reusing and repurposing of plans and names so they can be funded while making sure the other guy won't get funding, and of course wayyy too much overlap.

And would your Almaz have the VA capsule, or leave it with the "as Soviets created"? And do you have a TKS in the pipeline?

One thing I do notice is that you still left out the CMG/Gyrodyne/Reaction wheel from the stations. Is there a reason you still leave them off?

3 minutes ago, Jestersage said:

One thing I do notice is that you still left out the CMG/Gyrodyne/Reaction wheel from the stations. Is there a reason you still leave them off?

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with that component.

3 minutes ago, Jestersage said:

And would your Almaz have the VA capsule, or leave it with the "as Soviets created"? And do you have a TKS in the pipeline?

You'll see in the next batch of craft files. ;)

10 minutes ago, Raptor9 said:

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with that component.

That's the reaction wheel that everyone say are OP, and you purposely disable on all your spacecrafts. Technically they are not reaction wheel, but Control moment gyroscope, as reaction wheel just change rotor spin speed, but CMG actually tilt the spin axis. Gyrodynes is what the soviets call theirs, and tested it first on Almaz-2 (make sense since they need soemthing to counter the cannon recoil), then introduce into Salyut-6 and 7 integrated, and on Mir (total 18) on Kvant-1, Kvant-2, and Kristall 

9 minutes ago, Jestersage said:

That's the reaction wheel that everyone say are OP, and you purposely disable on all your spacecrafts.

On the contrary, I actually have them configured for maintaining stability on these stations, they are just deactivated for launch.  They are activated along with the deployment of the solar panels and antennas via Action Group [1], however they are only intended to be used to maintain a certain attitude vector, say for example Prograde so the station is always level relative to the horizon.  Like my 'Scout' probe, you can use them to adjust the attitude by selecting a different SAS sub-mode, but they aren't going to be very powerful and the response will be slow.  For most attitude adjustments, or any manual attitude flying, you will need the RCS thrusters.