Raptor9

Raptor's Craft Download Catalog - Tested & Proven

1.8 is out. Let's get to work.

Speaking of which, any plan to convert some of the crafts/Rockets to use SRB, if the performance is good enough? (I know I will have plenty of work on my end)

Specifically, a question that arise is which SRB to use as SS-SRB, the largest SRB with gimbal, the 2nd largest (also 2.5m), or the 1.875m SRB. In terms of function (and cost). Nonetheless, Actual Ares-I build is most definitely doable even adhere to the no-bundling philosophy that we both seems to employ -- in fact, quite overpower, with a VAC delta-V of 5000 even when using the 1.8m SRB.

Edited by Jestersage

I wish @Raptor9 would update his Ranger with the new SRBs but he stated multiple times he wanted to keep it vanilla. Would be interesting though, if different boosters would differentiate the Thunder 3 and Thunder 4 more like their real life analogues.

Edited by Jester Darrak

2 hours ago, Jester Darrak said:

I wish @Raptor9 would update his Ranger with the new SRBs but he stated multiple times he wanted to keep it vanilla. Would be interesting though, if different boosters would differentiate the Thunder 3 and Thunder 4 more like their real life analogues.

The only DLC SRB this time is the 1.8m (Pollux). Both Throughbread and Clydensale are OP, and physically speaking, huge. Putting even the S2-17 on a stack similar to Thunder-4 turns it into an Ariane 5 analogue.

21 hours ago, Jestersage said:

Speaking of which, any plan to convert some of the crafts/Rockets to use SRB, if the performance is good enough? -snip-
Specifically, a question that arise is which SRB to use as SS-SRB -snip-

Too soon to tell.  I've been so busy with work recently, I haven't had any time to play KSP.  I haven't even had time to download and install 1.8 yet.

However, it would be cool to make an Antares and/or OmegA-style lifter that was really cheap, but we'll just have to see (whenever I can get back to KSP).  I definitely plan to use the S2-33 Clydesdale for my Shuttle.  But I'll probably keep the Kickback boosters on my SLS analogue; they already work just fine, and are sufficient for the typical payload masses I put into orbit with my 3.75m lifters.

3 hours ago, Jester Darrak said:

Would be interesting though, if different boosters would differentiate the Thunder 3 and Thunder 4 more like their real life analogues.

True, but the various lifters were primarily designed in such a way that revolved around their manufacturer.  And since Rockomax is the intended manufacturer of the Thunder families, I went with the Thumper boosters.  If anything, I would want to go smaller, but I doubt the new Shrimp would be sufficient, and I haven't even looked to see who manufactures each new booster.  Again, I just need to get time away from work to investigate all of these possibilities.

P.S. I will assume the reason why Raptor didn't release anything yet is because KVV got bonked by 1.8, specifically running in DX11 mode.

On 10/19/2019 at 8:38 PM, Jestersage said:

P.S. I will assume the reason why Raptor didn't release anything yet is because KVV got bonked by 1.8, specifically running in DX11 mode.

Nah, just too busy with work. Still haven't been able to boot up 1.8, let alone see what is or isnt working.

2 hours ago, Raptor9 said:

Nah, just too busy with work. Still haven't been able to boot up 1.8, let alone see what is or isnt working.

O okay. In terms of KVV, it's bonked (as with many other mods) -- pink screen. Suspect due to DX11, which existed back in 1.6.

On the other hand, DX11 and new Unity improve framerate a lot.

@Zenrer, it appears that Squad have thankfully fixed the bug that was causing your issues earlier this month with 'Skiff Sail' (and a lot of my similarly affected craft). You should be good now.  :)

On 11/18/2019 at 1:14 PM, Jester Darrak said:

It's been quiet the last weeks. Any new stuff to share, @Raptor9?

On 11/18/2019 at 2:32 PM, Jestersage said:

Or are you waiting for KVV 1.8? (I have to go with a stop-gap poster)

No and no.  Unfortunately, due to real-life stuff, I haven't had much time for gaming recently.

On 11/20/2019 at 6:27 AM, Raptor9 said:

No and no.  Unfortunately, due to real-life stuff, I haven't had much time for gaming recently.

I feel your feels.

Hey raptor I have a Problem alot of plane enthusiast are down voting all my craft they said my craft are basically basic and are low part count to be uploaded I love spacejust as much as everyone else but I feel there mad that my craft are catching the eye others taking away from all the airplanes uploaded by the thousands in a game mint for space SPACE my profile on kerbal x is stefsilver 43 

I just thought you might have any similar experiences when you uploaded earlier in your days if ksp

Edited by stefsilver

5 hours ago, stefsilver said:

I just thought you might have any similar experiences when you uploaded earlier in your days if ksp

I can't say that I've had any serious issues with people downvoting my craft.  The thing with downvoting is it costs several points to downvote a craft.  These points come from the downvoting user's own collection of points that they receive from upvotes or from other activity.  It's in a user's best interest to only downvote a craft that is unplayable, extremely hard to use, or representative of something that would be in bad taste.  You could also downvote a craft that is plagiarized from another user, but that would be a waste since you can simply report it and it will usually be taken down if the report is legitimate.

But in the end, you will always have haters out there.  I've experienced the occasional troll myself, but eventually the upvotes will outnumber the downvotes if your craft isn't unplayable, hard to use, or in bad taste.  KSP generally has a lot more positive players that contribute to the KSP community than negative ones that detract from it, despite the negative players usually making a lot more noise.  If the behavior becomes a serious trend that you believe is excessive, you can always report the activity to one of the awesome Kerbalx volunteer moderators.

On 11/26/2019 at 3:50 PM, stefsilver said:

Hey raptor I have a Problem alot of plane enthusiast are down voting all my craft they said my craft are basically basic and are low part count to be uploaded I love spacejust as much as everyone else but I feel there mad that my craft are catching the eye others taking away from all the airplanes uploaded by the thousands in a game mint for space SPACE my profile on kerbal x is stefsilver 43 

If it's on KerbalX, would you please give us your craft page's URL? (It's case sensitive). Unfortunately we are aware of malicious downvoting, but ironically are restricted to more famous builders.

1 hour ago, Jestersage said:

If it's on KerbalX, would you please give us your craft page's URL? (It's case sensitive). Unfortunately we are aware of malicious downvoting, but ironically are restricted to more famous builders.

https://kerbalx.com/Stefsilver43/craft

its a bit of craft that were down voted but yea I think its because I upload on a near constant basis 

4 hours ago, marsorbust11 said:

Hey @Raptor9, whats the best way to contact you personally?

You can send me a private message.