[1.10.1+] Contract Configurator [v1.30.5] [2020-10-05]

nightingale

Not sure if you fixed it with one of the latest updates, but it's working now so thanks!

This is one of those ones that I was never able to reproduce... so hopefully it really is fixed. Note I have gotten a report today of the duration resetting when switching vessels, so I'll be looking into that.

New version out, with an important fix for the whole vessel hashing/tracking stuff. This should make everything work perfectly for those long-duration contracts when not sitting and watching the vessel. Download here!

Contract Configurator 0.7.10

• Fixes to vessel hashing to work with unloaded vessels. Fixes some issues with duration timers resetting.
  • Fix SCANsat issue where number instead of name of scan gets displayed.
  • Expressions support 'null' as a value.
  • PlantFlag no longer uses the stock parameter and is now a VesselParameter. Closes silly exploits.

I'm having a bug with this mod related to docking. When I undock a vessel from my station, it gets pushed away rapidly (crew died from g-force damage with deadly reentry), then map view gets broken and everything just goes crazy. I think some kerbal clones get spawned (as Unknown Mystery Object).

This is the map view after undocking

t601ma9.png

I'm having a bug with this mod related to docking. When I undock a vessel from my station, it gets pushed away rapidly (crew died from g-force damage with deadly reentry), then map view gets broken and everything just goes crazy. I think some kerbal clones get spawned (as Unknown Mystery Object).

This is the map view after undocking

http://i.imgur.com/t601ma9.png

I would be very surprised if it's this mod causing your issue as it does nothing physics wise.

I was surprised as well, but it seems that it only happens with this mod installed. Gonna check if theres incompatibilities with other mods.

I believe the problem is isolated to only a specific ship. I ended up de-orbiting the ship in question (without undocking) and managed to recover it. Then I went to the tracking station and got this exception:

Exception occured while loading contract parameter 'VesselParameterGroup33001' in contract 'FirstDocking':

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at ContractConfigurator.Parameters.VesselParameterGroup.<OnParameterLoad>b__0 (.Vessel v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Vessel].GetIndex (Int32 startIndex, Int32 count, System.Predicate`1 match) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Vessel].Find (System.Predicate`1 match) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ContractConfigurator.Parameters.VesselParameterGroup.OnParameterLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ContractConfigurator.Parameters.ContractConfiguratorParameter.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

well this bug corrupted my savegame after i slammed a satellite in to min mus

i was doing 3 minmus related unmanned contract flyby then orbit then crash

Exception occured while loading contract parameter 'VPG5702' in contract 'FirstMinmusImpact':

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at ContractConfigurator.Parameters.VesselParameterGroup.<OnParameterLoad>b__0 (.Vessel v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Vessel].GetIndex (Int32 startIndex, Int32 count, System.Predicate`1 match) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Vessel].Find (System.Predicate`1 match) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ContractConfigurator.Parameters.VesselParameterGroup.OnParameterLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ContractConfigurator.Parameters.ContractConfiguratorParameter.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I have a fix ready for the NullReferenceException in VesselParameterGroup (although it's one of those that doesn't look like it should ever happen, so I'm worried that it's being caused by something else...). However, it's not something I've yet been able to reproduce. So if anyone can provide me a log file for:

1. The undocking issue Monopropellant described.
  2. The NullReferenceException that both Monopropellant and FreakyHydra described.

It would be much appreciated.

I made a probe and sent it to Jool to complete a contract to "Send the first probe to another planet" (or something similar) with a goal of entering the SOI of any other planet with an unmanned vehicle. First weirdness happened when my only one of my radial decouplers actually went off, and the other stuck. Then the next stage also got stuck, until I exited and then returned to the flight. Doing that caused both "stuck" decouplers to detach. The game created a save file at this point. But now, if I resume the Jool Probe flight, I cannot exit to the space center and have to ALT-Tab out and close the program and restart it.

I tried just terminating the flight, but after I clicked Terminate on the pop-up warning, it just popped up again and kept on popping up. I exited the Tracking Station and then Contract Config gave me this:

Exception occured while loading contract parameter 'VesselParameterGroup6001' in contract 'FirstPlanetProbe':

I'm not sure if this is all ContractConfig, or it it's just the game itself and ContractConfig is reacting to it. Either way I thought it might be useful info. Keep up the good work!

Alright, possible fix to the undocking and decoupler issue, but it's a wild guess as I've been unable to reproduce. So 0.7.11 pre-release is up. If anyone who can reliably reproduce can confirm that fixes it, it'll become a proper release. If anyone can send a log (either from 0.7.10 or 0.7.11 that shows the issue, I can use that to confirm the fix, or fix anything additional that's wrong).

Hi nightingale

Encountered a bizarre issue with a rocket stage not decoupling properly, as well. It would separate, but not actually eject with any force. As soon as it entered the atmosphere, it would heat up massively (Deadly Reentry, natch) and then launch into a massive and endless continuous explosion without actually being dsestroyed. Jeb could ride the command pod down to the ground, but when he tried to EVA, he wouldn't be able to leave the capsule, although the screen would show "Bailed Out!".

Never would have thought this mod was the culprit, but I noticed mention of "KSP physics" in the changelog, and when I updated to 0.7.11 all this weirdness went away. Much relief and many thanks, from me and from Jeb.

No logs, as I was "at work" at the time. (No, my boss isn't that generous. :D)

Alright, then let's make 0.7.11 an official release. I'd still like to see logs, if anyone can get them... not 100% confident on this one until I can at least explain it. Download for 0.7.11.

Contract Configurator 0.7.11

• Fixed possible NRE issue when loading VesselParameterGroup (thanks Monopropellant & FreakyHydra).
  • Fix to undocking issue where KSP physics goes nuts.

Well, here's some logs for you:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ifeyfidynek8lm2/AAA_LSm45RkeVCRlxd8d44zda?dl=0

Decoupler didn't properly decouple and empty staging icons for the decoupled parts remained on screen after decoupling. Heat shield also wouldn't decouple at all when I got close to the ground. No exploding shenanigans this time - I think I separated the stage too high and it was on rails by the time it hit the atmosphere. Also forgot to EVA.

This is without Kerbal Joint Reinforcement. If KJR is present, then there's an extra layer of weirdness: the lower stage doesn't separate at all and the craft becomes pretty much uncontrollable - yet still somehow survives an apocalyptic reentry facing the wrong way. If I have time at some point I can grab logs of that, too, if you need them.

For now, Jeb wants to complete his first orbit...

Edit: Oh - forgot to say how much more interesting the game is with this mod and the various contract packs. Goodbye grinding part tests, hello interesting mission options. Thanks for all your work on this.

Edited by UnanimousCoward

Having a weird issue - and I apologize but I have no error logs. I Completed a Mun Flyby contract, landed on Kerbin somewhere in the ocean, and recovered the vessel. When the building selection screen loaded up, I saw what appeared to be a landed craft around the SPH. It was called "Vessel Name" and was "Landed somewhere long enough to break the line" and had "Jeb, Bill, Bob (n more)" in it. I tried to recover it but the button did nothing, and it stayed in the bottom left of my screen no matter which way I turned the camera. I tried going to the Tracking Station (to see if I could terminate this weird craft) and it looked like this:

MfzZqx4.png?1

As you can see there's multiple flights in orbit yet a blank list on the left. The blank list would also fill itself in with the surrounding texture if I moused over it. I apologize for not having more screens, I didn't think to take any until I was in the Tracking Station and it wouldn't let me back out, I had to Tab out and close the program - very similar to the earlier issue. Good news is that the mystery craft was gone and my game worked properly after the reload. And as a side note, the vessel was in orbit before I updated to 0.7.11, and I landed it after I updated. Again, sorry for the lack of an error log or more screens, but I will try and get both if it happens again. Keep up the good work!

Having a weird issue - and I apologize but I have no error logs. I Completed a Mun Flyby contract, landed on Kerbin somewhere in the ocean, and recovered the vessel. When the building selection screen loaded up, I saw what appeared to be a landed craft around the SPH. It was called "Vessel Name" and was "Landed somewhere long enough to break the line" and had "Jeb, Bill, Bob (n more)" in it. I tried to recover it but the button did nothing, and it stayed in the bottom left of my screen no matter which way I turned the camera. I tried going to the Tracking Station (to see if I could terminate this weird craft) and it looked like this:

http://i.imgur.com/MfzZqx4.png?1

As you can see there's multiple flights in orbit yet a blank list on the left. The blank list would also fill itself in with the surrounding texture if I moused over it. I apologize for not having more screens, I didn't think to take any until I was in the Tracking Station and it wouldn't let me back out, I had to Tab out and close the program - very similar to the earlier issue. Good news is that the mystery craft was gone and my game worked properly after the reload. And as a side note, the vessel was in orbit before I updated to 0.7.11, and I landed it after I updated. Again, sorry for the lack of an error log or more screens, but I will try and get both if it happens again. Keep up the good work!

Yup, that's definitely a "something threw an exception" type of scenario. I'll poke around a bit, but not likely to get far without logs on this one. :)

EDIT: Actually, the other thought is that it's leftover "badness" from the 0.7.10 issue. What happened for that problem was that it was throwing an exception when creating a new vessel (from undocking/decoupling), and then the new vessel didn't get created properly. It would then cause tons of problems with all kinds of mods (the log that I did see had errors from Contract Configurator, MechJeb, and USI stuff, to name a few. So yeah, made a real mess. :(

Edited by nightingale

Yup, that's definitely a "something threw an exception" type of scenario. I'll poke around a bit, but not likely to get far without logs on this one. :)

EDIT: Actually, the other thought is that it's leftover "badness" from the 0.7.10 issue. What happened for that problem was that it was throwing an exception when creating a new vessel (from undocking/decoupling), and then the new vessel didn't get created properly. It would then cause tons of problems with all kinds of mods (the log that I did see had errors from Contract Configurator, MechJeb, and USI stuff, to name a few. So yeah, made a real mess. :(

Well, I've managed to corrupt the save haha. Completed "Crew a Space Station with 7 Kerbals for 1 Year" by warping through it. Upon completion, I couldn't exit to the Space Center, and had to force-quit. It saved it at that point though, and now I can't enter the Tracking Station, or the Vehicle Assembly Building, and I can't launch a new flight. If I enter the Contract or Science buildings I get stuck and have to reload. If I enter the Astronaut complex, I'm able to exit, but then I can't click on any other buildings and the quit button in the bottom right is faded out. I'm trying to get a log, but I think I need to at least get to a vessel somewhere. I will update you if I'm able to get a log.

Hey man, just wanted to report a very odd thing. I installed the latest update and once I started playing my memory leaked away like a waterfall. I couldn't even keep the game stable long enough to land a single craft from orbit. No logs, no errors that I could find other than the standard crash from memory. I had installed 2 other updates along with yours - Action Groups Extended and Ship Manifest - I pulled each off in order to test since I had no log files to point me anywhere. Long story short, once I reverted back to 0.7.10 the memory leak immediately stopped. I wish I had more for you to go on but thought I'd mention it just so you'd know it might be a problem. It could also be my setup and the combination of things just kicked it over or possibly another mod going berserk after getting your update - I'm not sure.

Ok, been testing with this .dll in various setups for a few hours now and I can't replicate the memory leak so it definitely helped. Thanks man! I did get one exception error when I went in with my contract packs enabled the first time (Initial, Station, Tourism) and I've pasted the body of the error message below in case you need it. I also noted there were several contracts I accepted that never showed up for me to complete after accepting them. Specifically, part tests were allowing me to accept the contract, gave me the advance money and unlocked the experimental part but the contract was never in my list to complete. I did not get any throws when that happened but will keep watching in case I do and will relay the info if I get it.

Thanks again man and keep up the great work. This mod really enhances career mode (my personal favorite). :cool:

=====Begin Text=====

Exception occured while loading contract parameter 'HasCrew' in contract 'unknown':

System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.BaseParser ---> System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ContractConfigurator.ContractConfigurator+<GetAllTypes>d__1e`1[ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.IExpressionParserRegistrer].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.BaseParser..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseSingleValue[string] (System.String key, System.String stringValue, Boolean allowExpression) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[string] (.ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, Boolean allowExpression) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[string] (.ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, System.String defaultValue) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

=====End Text=====