[1.10.1+] Contract Configurator [v1.30.5] [2020-10-05]

nightingale

Hey nightingale, can you take a look at this please: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/120127-1-0-2-Contract-Pack-ScanSat-Lite-1-1-%2818-05-15%29?p=1952942#post1952942

I'm 99% certain it isn't me, so maybe something went wrong in the last update?

Also, I'm getting reports that since updating to 1.1.0 people are having to run the KSS mission again, like their vessel definitions are being reset. Is this expected?

Hey nightingale, can you take a look at this please: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/120127-1-0-2-Contract-Pack-ScanSat-Lite-1-1-%2818-05-15%29?p=1952942#post1952942

Replied on your thread. 100% a bug, releasing a fix ASAP.

Also, I'm getting reports that since updating to 1.1.0 people are having to run the KSS mission again, like their vessel definitions are being reset. Is this expected?

That stuff shouldn't have been touched in this release, so it was definitely not expected. If it's just one-time that they have to re-run it then I'm less concerned.... but still concerning. I have an old save that has KSS, I'm going to run a quick test before I release the SCANsat fix (it's a problem with the uniqueValue stuff I added).

- - - Updated - - -

Unable to reproduce. :(

It's possible it's related to the uniqueValue bug - it caused an exception in a really bad spot. I'll release 1.1.1 and see if anyone new reports it with that release.

- - - Updated - - -

New release, definitely grab it if you use ScanSat Lite. Download now!

Contract Configurator 1.1.1

• Add NoRandomContractMentality to use when creating Agents to prevent them from being assigned to random contracts (thanks amorymeltzer).
  • Fix major issue with uniqueValue in DATA nodes (fixes issues in ScanSat Lite).

Unable to reproduce. :(

It's possible it's related to the uniqueValue bug - it caused an exception in a really bad spot. I'll release 1.1.1 and see if anyone new reports it with that release.

I was thinking the same thing. I use an expression to check whether the KSS exists. Possibly if it's falling over there then that would explain it. Also - does it matter if I haven't updated my Data nodes with "uniqueValue = false" - I'm assuming not, you're usually pretty good with defaults.

I was thinking the same thing. I use an expression to check whether the KSS exists. Possibly if it's falling over there then that would explain it. Also - does it matter if I haven't updated my Data nodes with "uniqueValue = false" - I'm assuming not, you're usually pretty good with defaults.

Yeah, the ConfigNode parsing code that I have takes the default value as a parameter - so unless I majorly fubbed up the documentation, then you can trust the documented default values. :)

Also, I run a test install with a good number of contract packs installed - so if I screw something up that prevents one of them from parsing, then I know almost immediately.

A name I haven't seen in some time! In case you weren't aware of it, there is Draft Twitch Users. It doesn't do exactly what you're asking, but a good chunk of it. So IRnifty may be a good person to contact. Anyway, on to your actual questions:

It is possible to suppress stock contracts, but overriding their behaviour is outside the scope of Contract Configurator. It's easy to rename a Kerbal in the crew roster, but just took a peek in the stock contracts and the only way I could see to override it would be hacking it in the save file (bad idea).

So replacing it with a stock-alike Contract Configurator one would probably be your best bet. Not sure if Draft Twitch Users has any kind of API, but perhaps I could build optional integration into it and have some of that stuff "just work" if it's installed (maybe).

Actually that mod is why I'm asking ;) Kinda asking for Nifty heh.

Okay so cool if it can be suppressed then that would likely be the best route.

Thanks nightingale, figured you were the best person to come to for this :D And will def see if Nifty can get an API working for some integration :D

Ahhhh, vardicd, it finally came to me. I double checked your persistence file and you have TANKED your reputation (it's sitting at -670). Even Kerbal tourists aren't brave enough to fly on one of your rockets.

The problem is that the "Kick off Space Tourism" contract is a 2-star one, and I'm guessing you either aren't offered any at all, or the one slot that is available is locked up by some stock "Explore Duna" or other unrejectable contract.

Ah, I never even thought about rep requirements. I like to play extreme hardcore mode, I start with my rep as low as it will go, and rewards as low as I can stand them. Never really considered that it might affect the contracts that much, I always seem to get all the stock contracts.

Sorry to bother you ... but either I have a bug to report or my game is too modded.

Whenever I change scenes I get this

"Exception occured while loading contract contract 'LoRes':System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 "

Also I somehow fail contract(s) I never took [i noticed that thei`re usually "perform low res scans of Kerbin"

Here`s a screenshot http://imgur.com/niQDTai

Just got a reported exception landing in the water back near KSC (version 1.1.1). Only have ScanSAT LITE 1.1, Anomaly Surveyor 1.1.2, and Kerbin Space Station 1.4.1 installed, all latest versions per CKAN.

Exception occured while loading contract contract 'Biome':

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

On scene changes I get a new contract failed message:

Do a Biome Scan of Kerbin

You have failed the contract 'Do a Biome Scan of Kerbin'.

Penalties for Failure: -3,144 kredits, -1 rep

Hello, the game ask me to send you an issue :blush:

So here it is, it happen after i upgrade to 1.1.1 from 1.1.0.

Exception occured while loading contract contract 'LoRes':

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

By the way, thank you for your great work. Cheers

Hello, I've just upgraded via CKAN to 1.1.1 and I have a problem that kindly ask me to copy the error message to this thread, so do I ;)

Same problem as here : http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/120127-1-0-2-Contract-Pack-ScanSat-Lite-1-1-%2818-05-15%29?p=1953261&viewfull=1#post1953261

The log is here : https://www.sendspace.com/file/zh8xxx

Here is the screenshot

http://tof.canardpc.com/view/6b525663-7a72-4f11-9796-c51f5108cac3.jpg

6b525663-7a72-4f11-9796-c51f5108cac3.jpg

This is a KSP 1.0.2 Linux x64 with those mods :

KSP Version: 1.0.2

Installed Modules:

- ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Aggressive 5-0

- AstronomersPack Interstellar.V2

- AstronomersPack-AtmosphericScattering Interstellar.V2

- AstronomersPack-Auroras-8K Interstellar.V2

- AstronomersPack-Clouds-High Interstellar.V2

- AstronomersPack-DistantObjectEnhancement Interstellar.V2

- AstronomersPack-Eve-Jool-Clouds-8K Interstellar.V2

- AstronomersPack-Lightning Interstellar.V2

- AstronomersPack-PlanetShine Interstellar.V2

- AstronomersPack-Sandstorms Interstellar.V2

- AstronomersPack-Snow Interstellar.V2

- AstronomersPack-SurfaceGlow Interstellar.V2

- AtomicAge 2.0

- AutoAsparagus v0.9.1

- BetterTimeWarp 2.0

- CapCom 1.0

- Chatterer 0.9.1

- ChopShop 0.7.1

- CollisionFX 3.2

- CommunityResourcePack 0.4.2

- CommunityTechTree 2.1

- ContractConfigurator 1.1.1

- ContractConfigurator-AnomalySurveyor 1.1.2

- ContractConfigurator-GrandTours 1.0.6

- ContractConfigurator-KerbinSpaceStation 1.4.1

- ContractConfigurator-ScanSatLite 1.1

- ContractConfigurator-Tourism 1.1.4

- ContractRewardModifier 2.0

- ContractsWindowPlus 5.1

- CrewManifest 0.6.0

- CryoEngines 0.1.5

- DistantObject v1.5.5

- DMagicOrbitalScience 1.0.3

- EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements 7-4

- EVAManager 3

- ExtraPlanetaryLaunchpads 5.1.90

- FASA 5.34

- FilterExtensions 2.1.3

- FinalFrontier 0.8.2-1285

- FirespitterCore v7.1.3

- ForScienceContinued 1.0.1

- FuelTanksPlus 0.8.2

- HeatManagement 0.22

- HullcamVDS 0.40

- HyperEdit 1.4.1

- InfernalRobotics v0.21.2

- InterstellarFuelSwitch 1.2

- IR-Model-Rework-Core v01b

- IR-Model-Rework-Expansion v01b

- Karbonite 0.6.2

- KarbonitePlus 0.4.1

- KerbalAlarmClock v3.3.1.1

- KerbalEngineerRedux 1.0.16.6

- KerbalFoundries Beta_1.8g

- KerbalJointReinforcement v3.1.3

- KerboKatzUtilities 1.2.5

- KIS 1.1.4

- KlockheedMartian-Gimbal 3.0.3.0

- KopernicusTech 0.13

- KronalVesselViewer 0.0.4-1.0

- KSPX 0.2.9b

- LargeStructuralComponents 10

- MechJeb2 2.5.0

- MechJebForAll 1.2.0.0

- MissionController2 1.12.3

- ModularFuelTanks 5.5.1

- ModularRocketSystem 1.6.4

- ModuleManager 2.6.3

- ModuleRCSFX v4.0

- MusicMute 1.00

- NavballDockingIndicator 6

- NearFutureConstruction 0.5.2

- NearFutureProps 0.3.1

- NearFutureSolar 0.5.1

- NearFutureSpacecraft 0.4.1

- NovaPunch 2.09

- OblivionAerospace v0.1.4

^ OuterPlanetsMod 1.6.5

- PAPIPluginContinued v0.4.4

- PersistentRotation 0.5.3

- PilotAssistant 1.9.3

- PlanetShine 0.2.3.1

- PorkjetHabitats 0.4

- ProceduralFairings v3.14

- ProceduralParts v1.1.1

- ProceduralParts-Textures-SaturnNova 1

- Protractor v2.5.0.2

- QuantumStrutsContinued 1.3

- RadialEngineMountsPPI v0.40

- RasterPropMonitor-Core v0.19.3

- RealChute 1.3.2.3

- ReflectionPlugin 1.2

- SafeChute v1.7

- SAVE 1.0.1-672

- SCANsat v12.0

- ScienceFunding 1.1.1

- SensibleScreenshot 1.1.0

- SeriousKerbalBusiness 0.6

- Service-Compartments-6S 1.3

- SETI-Greenhouse 0.9.1

- SmartStage v2.6.1

- SolarScience v1.03

- SoundingRockets 0.2.1

- SpacetuxSA 0.3.5

- StageRecovery 1.5.6

- surfacelights 1.0

- TacFuelBalancer v2.5.1

- TACLS v0.11.1.20

- TACLS-Config-Stock v0.11.1.20

- TarsierSpaceTechnologyWithGalaxies V4.7

- TextureReplacer 2.4.4

- Thermometer 1.0.4b

- ToadicusTools 9

- Toolbar 1.7.9

- TransferWindowPlanner v1.3.0.1

- TurboNisuReloaded 2015-05-06

- TweakableEverything 1.11

- TweakScale v2.1

- TWR1 1.19

- UKS 0.30.2

- UniversalStorage 1.1.0.3

- USI-EXP 0.4.1

- USITools 0.4.1

- WaypointManager 2.3.2

It happens when I have a scansat low quality scan contract (not even accepted) and enter the VAB.

Thanks for your work, don't hesitate if you have questions.

Skunk

[EDIT]: Those previous post about this were not visible before, is the forum laggy as hell ? Whatever, you have plenty of stuff to play with now :D

Edited by Skunk

Hello, I've just upgraded via CKAN to 1.1.1 and I have a problem that kindly ask me to copy the error message to this thread, so do I ;)

Same problem as here : http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/120127-1-0-2-Contract-Pack-ScanSat-Lite-1-1-%2818-05-15%29?p=1953261&viewfull=1#post1953261

I will gladly put a full log but I don't know wich log is needed

Here is the screenshot

http://tof.canardpc.com/view/6b525663-7a72-4f11-9796-c51f5108cac3.jpg

http://tof.canardpc.com/preview2/6b525663-7a72-4f11-9796-c51f5108cac3.jpg

It happens when I have a scansat low quality scan contract (not even accepted) and enter the VAB.

Thanks for your work, don't hesitate if you have questions.

Skunk

I am getting this straight after last update install. I think part of the problem might be that I already have that contract running in the old version.

Edited by nobodyhasthis

With the new update, I'm getting this error repeatedly from CC, associated with failure of contracts in a new career save, sometimes failure of contracts I haven't even accepted. Started happening after I first made orbit.

Active Texture Management

Chatterer 0.9.1

Coherent Contracts 1.02

Community Tech Tree 2.1

Contract Configurator 1.1.1 w/ Anomaly Surveryor 1.1.2, RemoteTech 1.1.3, Tourism 1.1.4, ScanSat Lite 1.1

Crowd Sourced Science

CRP 0.4.2

Deadly Reentry 7.0.3

Distant Object Enhancement 1.1.5

DMagic Orbital Science 1.0.3

Docking Port Alignment 6.2

Environmental Visual Effects 7.4

FAR 0.15.1

Firespitter 7.1.2

KAS 0.51

Kerbal Construction Time 1.1.7

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement 3.1.3

KIS 1.1.4

Infernal Robotics 0.21.2

MechJeb 2.5.1

MKS 0.30.2

PlanetShine 0.2.3.1

PreciseNode 1.1.3

Procedural Fairings 3.14

RealChute 1.3.2.3

RemoteTech 1.6.5

Scansat 12.0

Smart Parts 1.6.5

Stage Recovery 1.5.6

Stock Bug Fix Modules 1.0.2d.2

TAC Life Support 0.11.1.20

Texture Replacer 2.4.4

Trajectories 1.1.3

TweakScale 2.1

Universal Storage 1.1.0.3

VOID 0.18.1

Waypoint Manager 2.3.2

Output log.

EDIT: NINJA'D. Oh yes, and also running KSP 1.0.2 Windows 32-bit.

Edited by Jackson Mackenzie

Hello.

I'm considering using this mod.

I have a question though: can the availability of a contract be dependent on the completion of a previous contract?

It can indeed, I make heavy use of this in my Kerbin space station pack. Check out that for examples (feel free to shoot me a pm if you can't make sense of it, I know some of them are a bit messy)

Just received this error after recovering a vessel and a contract failed (expired, Low Scan of Kerbin):

Edit: Ow, hahaha, I didn't see above posts, sorry!

New release up, fixes the issue reported many times over the past two pages. Download here.

Contract Configurator 1.1.2

• Fix major issue with uniqueValue in DATA nodes - again (fixes issues in ScanSat Lite).
  • Minor fixes to ExpressionParser.
  • Minor fixes to CollectScience.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello.

I'm considering using this mod.

I have a question though: can the availability of a contract be dependent on the completion of a previous contract?

Indeed, have a look at the CompleteContract requirement.

Question - if I want to have a contract require a ship with a specific crew capacity, is this the best way to do it?

(crew capacity 3 in this example)

PARAMETER
{
name = HasCrewCapacity
type = HasCrewCapacity
minCapacity = 3
maxCapacity = 3
}

Additional question : does the parameter "type = PerformOrbitalSurvey" require the player to do a survey using the surveyscanner part that was added in KSP 1.0 or is it relative to the scansat mod?

Question - if I want to have a contract require a ship with a specific crew capacity, is this the best way to do it?

(crew capacity 3 in this example)

PARAMETER
{
name = HasCrewCapacity
type = HasCrewCapacity
minCapacity = 3
maxCapacity = 3
}

From the documentation for HasCrewCapacity:

Parameter to require that the Vessel in question must have a certain crew capacity.

Please let me know if there's anything about the documentation that is unclear so I can fix it.

Additional question : does the parameter "type = PerformOrbitalSurvey" require the player to do a survey using the surveyscanner part that was added in KSP 1.0 or is it relative to the scansat mod?

It's using the 1.0 survey scanner.

Since the last update (1.1.2), the parameter "launch a new inmanned vessel..." is no longer working. I lost two satellites sent to complete the satellite in equatorial orbit contract type, and when they completed the orbit, I found out that they where no longer a "new unmanned vessel", even when they were in fact new vessels after I accepted the contract.

So I made a new satellite, and even that new satllite wasn't "new".

I don't know if anybody else is having that problem.

Since the last update (1.1.2), the parameter "launch a new inmanned vessel..." is no longer working. I lost two satellites sent to complete the satellite in equatorial orbit contract type, and when they completed the orbit, I found out that they where no longer a "new unmanned vessel", even when they were in fact new vessels after I accepted the contract.

So I made a new satellite, and even that new satllite wasn't "new".

I don't know if anybody else is having that problem.

Sorry, what contract pack is this? Could you provide a log file?