[1.10.1+] Contract Configurator [v1.30.5] [2020-10-05]

nightingale

Ahhhh ok I've always wanted to know the difference! You've got both of my logs now. Please help lol.

Ah, a classic one:

[EXC 22:06:20.687] UnityException: Texture 'SXT/Agencies/KDB' is not readable, the texture memory can not be accessed from scripts. You can make the texture readable in the Texture Import Settings.
UnityEngine.Texture2D.GetPixels (Int32 miplevel)
UnityEngine.Texture2D.GetPixels ()
Contracts.Agents.Agent..ctor (System.String name, System.String logoURL, System.String logoScaledURL)
Contracts.Agents.Agent.LoadAgent (.ConfigNode node)
Contracts.Agents.AgentList.LoadAgents (.ConfigNode[] nodes)
Contracts.Agents.AgentList.Start ()

This happens when it tries to load an agency icon in DDS format and downscale it to make the small logo. Either the mod in question (not familiar with what it is just by the file name) released a buggy release or you used DDS4KSP to convert the entire GameData directory. You'll want to roll-back the one texture in question. That'll make the error go away and the agencies come back (which is why you don't have any contracts).

Ah, a classic one:

[EXC 22:06:20.687] UnityException: Texture 'SXT/Agencies/KDB' is not readable, the texture memory can not be accessed from scripts. You can make the texture readable in the Texture Import Settings.
Contracts.Agents.Agent..ctor (System.String name, System.String logoURL, System.String logoScaledURL)

This happens when it tries to load an agency icon in DDS format and downscale it to make the small logo. Either the mod in question (not familiar with what it is just by the file name) released a buggy release or you used DDS4KSP to convert the entire GameData directory. You'll want to roll-back the one texture in question. That'll make the error go away and the agencies come back (which is why you don't have any contracts).

Thank you so much! Curious though I have been using SXT for a while now. Never had this problem. Thanks again.

Thank you so much! Curious though I have been using SXT for a while now. Never had this problem. Thanks again.

It could also be that it's with ATM that this issue occurs - I haven't tried without. Perhaps you just installed that?

Hey there,

I'm having some problem with CC, I think. At first I thought the problem was with the Aircraft Builders pack, since it took priority over all other contracts. And would not be deleted out of the offered contract list. After removing the pack from my save and from the Game data, all worked fine again.

Except that , after two in game days, there have been not CC contracts on offer yet. The Debug screen shows yellow problems with the Kerbin Space Station and Base Construction packs. Could it be these problems that prevent the mod from working? Should I wait out a bit longer to see if any contracts pop up?

New release, download now!

Contract Configurator 1.5.4

• Added new extended PartModule mode to PartValidation parameter.
  • Added new methods for determining engine thrust and ISP in expressions.
  • Added additional validation to WaypointGenerator.RANDOM_WAYPOINT_NEAR (thanks Xaegr).
  • Minor changes to VesselSpawner.
  • Fixed issue with VesselNotDestroyed firing for EVA Kerbals boarding a vessel (thanks Cooper42).
  • Fixed Pow() and Log() expression functions to work correctly with types other than double (thanks NathanKell).
  • Fixed major issues with CanResearchTech requirement (thanks NathanKell).
  • Fixed holes where expressions could modify underlying KSP lists (thanks Whyren).
  • Experiments from unsupported science mods won't show up - preventing them from showing up before the right tech has been unlocked.
  • Added Asteroid Day experiment to experiment list (doesn't change behaviour, just quiets a warning).

Could you please update the CKAN file also? I checked CKAN once I started getting the "new version available" popup when starting the game, and there's no option to update.

Hey there,

I'm having some problem with CC, I think. At first I thought the problem was with the Aircraft Builders pack, since it took priority over all other contracts. And would not be deleted out of the offered contract list. After removing the pack from my save and from the Game data, all worked fine again.

Except that , after two in game days, there have been not CC contracts on offer yet. The Debug screen shows yellow problems with the Kerbin Space Station and Base Construction packs. Could it be these problems that prevent the mod from working? Should I wait out a bit longer to see if any contracts pop up?

Possibly, but it depends on what the warnings are (yellow for warnings - I'd be more concerned if they were red). I'd need a log file to say much more beyond that.

EDIT: Also, are those the only two contract packs you have? I'm less familiar with those since they aren't my own - it may just be that there are no possible missions to offer (KSS uses a cooldown system for the contracts... so it's possible a contract will come up if you timewarp for a bit).

Could you please update the CKAN file also? I checked CKAN once I started getting the "new version available" popup when starting the game, and there's no option to update.

I just double checked, it's there (see here for proof). Perhaps you need to refresh the repository? If not you may have an issue you need to report on the CKAN thread.

Is it possible to grab the homeworld parent as a target body? If so, could you then grab it's moons but exclude the homeworld? I'm trying to think of a way to make contracts compatible with New Horizons, or just any planet pack where Kerbin is a moon and thus has no moons.

Hey there,

The base construction pack will show yellow because it has unmetted requirements . If they're on the scan contract means that your game has less than 20 celestial bodies. If you don't have any planet pack that is ok.

Is it possible to grab the homeworld parent as a target body? If so, could you then grab it's moons but exclude the homeworld? I'm trying to think of a way to make contracts compatible with New Horizons, or just any planet pack where Kerbin is a moon and thus has no moons.

I've actually got feature requests raised to add proper New Horizons support to my contract packs... that'll probably happen in the next 2-4 weeks. In the meantime you can do something like this to get a random "non-Kerbin" moon of the home planet:

targetBody = HomeWorld().Parent().Children().Exclude(HomeWorld()).Random()

I have to make new game or can I use it on old one?

Depends on the contract pack, but generally speaking they all work well in existing games.

Well, ran into a new bug for me today. All my archived contracts just plain vanished. Both archived and current. No errors, and new contracts all showed up. Archived shows none, not even failed or anything. More over the contracts appear to be still in the save file. Has anyone seen this behavior before? It is /not/ related to the agency issue, I double/triple checked that... I did update to the latest version of CC. I couldn't find anything wrong in my F2 related to contracts and all either.

Well, ran into a new bug for me today. All my archived contracts just plain vanished. Both archived and current. No errors, and new contracts all showed up. Archived shows none, not even failed or anything. More over the contracts appear to be still in the save file. Has anyone seen this behavior before? It is /not/ related to the agency issue, I double/triple checked that... I did update to the latest version of CC. I couldn't find anything wrong in my F2 related to contracts and all either.

Not an issue I'm aware of, but send a KSP.log and save file and I'll try to line things up.

Ah, a classic one:

Issue is with that mod, i have reported it on the proper thread and lack has acknowlaged the issue. Its a faulty convertion to dds on his side.

I've actually got feature requests raised to add proper New Horizons support to my contract packs... that'll probably happen in the next 2-4 weeks. In the meantime you can do something like this to get a random "non-Kerbin" moon of the home planet:

targetBody = HomeWorld().Parent().Children().Exclude(HomeWorld()).Random()

Hmm, ok, that looks simple enough.

Looking through your mods, most are pretty planet pack friendly especially the RT one (minus the Mun/Minmus specific relays which do technically still work).

To use MM to alter these would the syntax be:

@CONTRACT_TYPE[contract name]
{
@targetBody = xyz
}

Hmm, ok, that looks simple enough.

Looking through your mods, most are pretty planet pack friendly especially the RT one (minus the Mun/Minmus specific relays which do technically still work).

To use MM to alter these would the syntax be:

{
@targetBody = xyz
}

That syntax is correct. And yeah, I've gone and made them planet pack friendly - just not "move Kerbin to a crazy place" friendly. :D

That syntax is correct. And yeah, I've gone and made them planet pack friendly - just not "move Kerbin to a crazy place" friendly. :D

Yeah New Horizons is a bit unorthodox, but I'm liking it. It's like having a little solar system to play in before you get out to the big wide world. :)

I'm super curious how you are planning on handling the potential of Kerbin being a moon. Unless you are going to just have a MM patch for packs like New Horizons.

Yeah New Horizons is a bit unorthodox, but I'm liking it. It's like having a little solar system to play in before you get out to the big wide world. :)

I'm super curious how you are planning on handling the potential of Kerbin being a moon. Unless you are going to just have a MM patch for packs like New Horizons.

It'll probably looks something like this:

... = HomeWorld().Parent() == Sun ? <doSomethingNormal> : <doSomethingNewHorizons>

Speaking of additional planets, what about Outer Planets? (my poor modlist is too great for New Horizons right now). Has anybody made a pack for the new worlds?

- - - Updated - - -

(I have been looking through the configs for advanced progression and such and I'm wondering: If I copy one of the manned mission to plant a flag on x and change the target body to one from Outer Planets, that's it, right?)

Speaking of additional planets, what about Outer Planets? (my poor modlist is too great for New Horizons right now). Has anybody made a pack for the new worlds?

- - - Updated - - -

(I have been looking through the configs for advanced progression and such and I'm wondering: If I copy one of the manned mission to plant a flag on x and change the target body to one from Outer Planets, that's it, right?)

Yeah you can edit that throug a Module Manager Patch

Something like thisc on another cfg.

Code:

{

@targetBody = xyz

}

It's at the point where there's too many to list them off, but off the top of my head, at least these ones will work with any* planet mod:

* except New Horizons

• RemoteTech
  • Tourism Plus
  • Field Research
  • SCANsat Lite

These I'm not sure about, but probably worth looking at:

• Useful Space Stations
  • Rover Contracts by Whyren
  • Base Construction

It's at the point where there's too many to list them off, but off the top of my head, at least these ones will work with any* planet mod:

* except New Horizons

• RemoteTech
  • Tourism Plus
  • Field Research
  • SCANsat Lite

These I'm not sure about, but probably worth looking at:

• Useful Space Stations
  • Rover Contracts by Whyren
  • Base Construction

I think Rover Contracts will work. I intentionally did not hard code any planet names into it. The only thing is that if the homeworld doesn't have any moon then you won't get any 1-star deployment contracts. The 2 and 3 star should cover any planet/moon that has a surface besides the homeworld.

I think Rover Contracts will work. I intentionally did not hard code any planet names into it. The only thing is that if the homeworld doesn't have any moon then you won't get any 1-star deployment contracts. The 2 and 3 star should cover any planet/moon that has a surface besides the homeworld.

Oh ok, sweet. Yea I have yours, Whyren. Outer Planets keeps the Kerbol system the same it just makes Eeloo a moon and adds a few gas giants and distant worlds. Might pick up Tourism too now so I can fund those long, costly expeditions.

Ah, so I'm having trouble modifying a contract.

I'm trying to change a hard coded planet list into something that just grabs the children of a named body.

I thought this would work: targetBody = Sun.Children().Random()

But it crashes the game. I've tried a bunch of other stuff but can't seem to get it to work.

Ideally I could also exclude a planet too.

For instance:

targetBody = Sun.Children().Exclude(Sonnah).Random()

Ah, so I'm having trouble modifying a contract.

I'm trying to change a hard coded planet list into something that just grabs the children of a named body.

I thought this would work: targetBody = Sun.Children().Random()

But it crashes the game. I've tried a bunch of other stuff but can't seem to get it to work.

Ideally I could also exclude a planet too.

For instance:

targetBody = Sun.Children().Exclude(Sonnah).Random()

Both of those should work. I've had occasions where an expression would just crash on load - it's due to a bug in Mono's handling of try/finally blocks that I can't really easily reproduce. Send the contract and I'll take a look to see if I can fix the problem.

Sure. I'm modifying Advanced Progression's contracts.

Here is the MM cached output:

UrlConfig
{
name = FirstPlanetFlyby
type = CONTRACT_TYPE
parentUrl = AdvancedProgression/Progression
url = AdvancedProgression/Progression/FirstPlanetFlyby
CONTRACT_TYPE
{
name = FirstPlanetFlyby
group = AdvancedProgression
title = Send the first manned mission to another planet.
description = Our space program is ready to enter the next phase of exploration : the planets. Send the first manned mission to flyby another planet, and return safely to Kerbin.
notes = Complete the following:
synopsis = Launch a manned flyby mission to another planet. It doesn't matter which one.
completedMessage = You did it! We've launched the very first manned mission to another planet!
agent = Kerbin World-Firsts Record-Keeping Society
cancellable = true
declinable = true
prestige = Significant
maxCompletions = 1
maxSimultaneous = 1
rewardScience = 10.0
rewardReputation = 10.0
rewardFunds = 80000.0
advanceFunds = 70000.0
REQUIREMENT
{
name = CompleteContract11002
type = CompleteContract
contractType = FirstPlanetProbe
}
PARAMETER
{
name = VesselParameterGroup11001
type = VesselParameterGroup
define = Planetary Flyby
PARAMETER
{
name = HasCrew11001
type = HasCrew
minCrew = 1
}
PARAMETER
{
name = Any11001
type = Any
PARAMETER
{
name = ReachState11001
type = ReachState
targetBody = Sun.Children().Random()
situation = ESCAPING
disableOnStateChange = true
}
}
PARAMETER
{
name = ReturnHome11001
type = ReturnHome
completeInSequence = true
}
}
}
}

These are the changes I made:

@CONTRACT_TYPE[FirstPlanetFlyby]
{
@PARAMETER[VesselParameterGroup11001]
{
!PARAMETER[Any11001]{}
!PARAMETER[ReturnHome11001]{}
PARAMETER
{
name = Any11001
type = Any
PARAMETER
{
name = ReachState11001
type = ReachState
targetBody = Sun.Children().Random()
situation = ESCAPING
disableOnStateChange = true
}
}
PARAMETER
{
name = ReturnHome11001
type = ReturnHome
completeInSequence = true
}
}
}

And here is the original:

CONTRACT_TYPE
{
name = FirstPlanetFlyby
group = AdvancedProgression
title = Send the first manned mission to another planet.
description = Our space program is ready to enter the next phase of exploration : the planets. Send the first manned mission to flyby another planet, and return safely to Kerbin.
notes = Complete the following:
synopsis = Launch a manned flyby mission to another planet. It doesn't matter which one.
completedMessage = You did it! We've launched the very first manned mission to another planet!
agent = Kerbin World-Firsts Record-Keeping Society
//deadline = 100
cancellable = true
declinable = true
prestige = Significant
maxCompletions = 1
maxSimultaneous = 1
rewardScience = 10.0
rewardReputation = 10.0
rewardFunds = 80000.0
advanceFunds = 70000.0
REQUIREMENT