[1.10.1+] Contract Configurator [v1.30.5] [2020-10-05]

nightingale

Hi There
great work with your mods, enjoying them throughly.
I do howoever have a issue that is breaking my progress, and i'm not sure what the cause is.. however the beginning of the bug starts with a NullReferenceException from conract configurator, so im guessing it starts there.

The issue is docking between 2 ships ( mun station and a new extension )
Everything is ok until they are docked and a few seconds after that - but after a few seconds error starts to appear in the log and the ship suddenly accelerates without any cause and tries to reach the speed of light :)  

Full Log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/iggrrgok48oh59g/SharedLogFiles.zip?dl=0

Spoiler

[LOG 22:43:23.803] 5/8/2016 10:43:23 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Adding DrawGUI to PostRender Queue
[LOG 22:43:23.803] 5/8/2016 10:43:23 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Skipping version check
[LOG 22:43:23.826] 5/8/2016 10:43:23 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Vessel Change from 'Mun Science Station' to 'Mun Station'
[LOG 22:43:26.175] FF: orbit closed detected for vessel scienceModule (Mun Station)
[LOG 22:43:43.752] Docking to vessel Mun Science Station
[LOG 22:43:43.756] [Progress Node Reached]: StationConstruction
[LOG 22:43:43.758] [Progress Node Complete]: StationConstruction
[LOG 22:43:43.763] Added 1.936122 (5) reputation: 'Progression'.
[LOG 22:43:43.767] [Progress Node Reached]: Docking
[LOG 22:43:43.767] [Progress Node Complete]: Docking
[LOG 22:43:43.767] Added 0.7676904 (2) reputation: 'Progression'.
[LOG 22:43:43.772] FF: docking vessel scienceModule (Mun Station)
[LOG 22:43:43.773] FF: ribbon First Mun Docking Ribbon awarded to Bob Kerman at 3594589.20886681 (Year 1, Day 167  02:29:49)
[LOG 22:43:43.774] FF: ribbon First Mun Docking Ribbon awarded to Patory Kerman at 3594589.20886681 (Year 1, Day 167  02:29:49)
[LOG 22:43:43.775] FF: ribbon First Mun Docking Ribbon awarded to Bill Kerman at 3594589.20886681 (Year 1, Day 167  02:29:49)
[LOG 22:43:43.776] FF: ribbon First Mun Docking Ribbon awarded to Brian Kerman at 3594589.20886681 (Year 1, Day 167  02:29:49)
[LOG 22:43:43.777] FF: ribbon First Mun Docking Ribbon awarded to Jebediah Kerman at 3594589.20886681 (Year 1, Day 167  02:29:49)
[LOG 22:43:43.778] FF: kerbal Bob Kerman docked
[LOG 22:43:43.779] FF: kerbal Patory Kerman docked
[LOG 22:43:43.780] FF: kerbal Bill Kerman docked
[LOG 22:43:43.780] FF: kerbal Brian Kerman docked
[LOG 22:43:43.781] FF: kerbal Jebediah Kerman docked
[WRN 22:43:43.791] [PartJoint]: None of the provided nodes was valid!
[EXC 22:43:43.795] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ProtoVessel..ctor (.Vessel VesselRef)
    ContractConfigurator.ContractVesselTracker+<>c__DisplayClass17_1.<OnVesselDestroy>b__0 (.Vessel v)
    System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Vessel].GetIndex (Int32 startIndex, Int32 count, System.Predicate`1 match)
    System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Vessel].Find (System.Predicate`1 match)
    ContractConfigurator.ContractVesselTracker.OnVesselDestroy (.Vessel vessel)
    EventData`1[Vessel].Fire (.Vessel data)
    Vessel.OnDestroy ()
    UnityEngine.Object:DestroyImmediate(Object)
    Part:Couple(Part)
    ModuleDockingNode:DockToVessel(ModuleDockingNode)
    ModuleDockingNode:<SetupFSM>m__368()
    KerbalFSM:RunEvent(KFSMEvent)
    KerbalFSM:updateFSM(KFSMUpdateMode)
    KerbalFSM:UpdateFSM()
    ModuleDockingNode:Update()

The error that makes them zoom away:
[EXC 23:38:18.623] NullReferenceException
    FloatingOrigin.setOffset (Vector3d refPos)
    FloatingOrigin.FixedUpdate ()

Edited by Lennartos

12 minutes ago, Lennartos said:

Hi There
great work with your mods, enjoying them throughly.
I do howoever have a issue that is breaking my progress, and i'm not sure what the cause is.. however the beginning of the bug starts with a NullReferenceException from conract configurator, so im guessing it starts there.

The issue is docking between 2 ships ( mun station and a new extension )
Everything is ok until they are docked and a few seconds after that - but after a few seconds error starts to appear in the log and the ship suddenly accelerates without any cause and tries to reach the speed of light :)  

Full Log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/iggrrgok48oh59g/SharedLogFiles.zip?dl=0

Hide contents

[LOG 22:43:23.803] 5/8/2016 10:43:23 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Adding DrawGUI to PostRender Queue
[LOG 22:43:23.803] 5/8/2016 10:43:23 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Skipping version check
[LOG 22:43:23.826] 5/8/2016 10:43:23 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Vessel Change from 'Mun Science Station' to 'Mun Station'
[LOG 22:43:26.175] FF: orbit closed detected for vessel scienceModule (Mun Station)
[LOG 22:43:43.752] Docking to vessel Mun Science Station
[LOG 22:43:43.756] [Progress Node Reached]: StationConstruction
[LOG 22:43:43.758] [Progress Node Complete]: StationConstruction
[LOG 22:43:43.763] Added 1.936122 (5) reputation: 'Progression'.
[LOG 22:43:43.767] [Progress Node Reached]: Docking
[LOG 22:43:43.767] [Progress Node Complete]: Docking
[LOG 22:43:43.767] Added 0.7676904 (2) reputation: 'Progression'.
[LOG 22:43:43.772] FF: docking vessel scienceModule (Mun Station)
[LOG 22:43:43.773] FF: ribbon First Mun Docking Ribbon awarded to Bob Kerman at 3594589.20886681 (Year 1, Day 167  02:29:49)
[LOG 22:43:43.774] FF: ribbon First Mun Docking Ribbon awarded to Patory Kerman at 3594589.20886681 (Year 1, Day 167  02:29:49)
[LOG 22:43:43.775] FF: ribbon First Mun Docking Ribbon awarded to Bill Kerman at 3594589.20886681 (Year 1, Day 167  02:29:49)
[LOG 22:43:43.776] FF: ribbon First Mun Docking Ribbon awarded to Brian Kerman at 3594589.20886681 (Year 1, Day 167  02:29:49)
[LOG 22:43:43.777] FF: ribbon First Mun Docking Ribbon awarded to Jebediah Kerman at 3594589.20886681 (Year 1, Day 167  02:29:49)
[LOG 22:43:43.778] FF: kerbal Bob Kerman docked
[LOG 22:43:43.779] FF: kerbal Patory Kerman docked
[LOG 22:43:43.780] FF: kerbal Bill Kerman docked
[LOG 22:43:43.780] FF: kerbal Brian Kerman docked
[LOG 22:43:43.781] FF: kerbal Jebediah Kerman docked
[WRN 22:43:43.791] [PartJoint]: None of the provided nodes was valid!
[EXC 22:43:43.795] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ProtoVessel..ctor (.Vessel VesselRef)
    ContractConfigurator.ContractVesselTracker+<>c__DisplayClass17_1.<OnVesselDestroy>b__0 (.Vessel v)
    System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Vessel].GetIndex (Int32 startIndex, Int32 count, System.Predicate`1 match)
    System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Vessel].Find (System.Predicate`1 match)
    ContractConfigurator.ContractVesselTracker.OnVesselDestroy (.Vessel vessel)
    EventData`1[Vessel].Fire (.Vessel data)
    Vessel.OnDestroy ()
    UnityEngine.Object:DestroyImmediate(Object)
    Part:Couple(Part)
    ModuleDockingNode:DockToVessel(ModuleDockingNode)
    ModuleDockingNode:<SetupFSM>m__368()
    KerbalFSM:RunEvent(KFSMEvent)
    KerbalFSM:updateFSM(KFSMUpdateMode)
    KerbalFSM:UpdateFSM()
    ModuleDockingNode:Update()

The error that makes them zoom away:
[EXC 23:38:18.623] NullReferenceException
    FloatingOrigin.setOffset (Vector3d refPos)
    FloatingOrigin.FixedUpdate ()

I'll get this one fixed as soon as possible (which likely won't be for a couple days, unfortunately.  Raised #509.

On Saturday, May 07, 2016 at 8:06 PM, Chris97b said:

Hello All,

I seem to be having a very strange error when recovering a vessel which seems to be related to Contract Configurator. When trying to recover the vessel, the recovery window shows up only for the kerbal in the pod, and I only get the reputation for recovering the kerbal, no science or funds from the pod.

If I go back to the tracking station, the pod is still there, and if I switch to it, the kerbal is back in the pod, as though nothing happened.

I am seeing the following errors:

http://pastebin.com/Z1Buyw4V

Interestingly enough, this sounded like an issue with generating a stock contract, so I used CC to disable *all* of the stock contracts. This fixed the recovery issue, but I do still get some nullref spam in the logs:

http://pastebin.com/GPShgCyY

This is using the latest contract configurator (1.11.5), but I was seeing the same issue with the previous version as well. I would really prefer not to be stuck with *all* of the stock contracts disabled, and while I could always disable them before recovering a vessel, this deletes all of my active contracts. Any ideas?

Finally found the issue here, apparently it's related to the Transparency feature which used to be a part of RasterPropMonitor but has now been moved to its own mod. As near as I can tell any parts including the deprecated JSITransparentPod module will cause this issue if RPM is installed. In my case it was the USI Karibou rover that caused the problem, but it's possible that any part using the old RPM transparency could have the same problem. Just thought I would leave this here in case anyone else has this issue.

Thanks again nightingale for the help and pointing me in the right direction :)

Edited by Chris97b

In career mode, I'm unable to enter the tracking station, VAB or SPH. All other buildings, I can enter, but I cannot leave. Whenever I attempt to enter or exist respectively with those buildings, nothing happens. It's all frozen up. I've attached a photo... Getting this error every time I enter my career, provided by Exception Detector. It's the only error I can see happening, and It's directly prompted by attempting to enter or exist one of those buildings. I pressed "Leave Facility" 18 times here in RnD before having to close the game via Task Manager.Contract-Config-error.jpg

Windows 10 64-bit. KSP 1.1.2. - I have no idea where my logs are actually held for this sort of thing.. but if you need them let me know where I can find. - I have to start career all over again, because this will not work. - Starting a new Career is fine. It appears all existing careers are effected, but new ones aren't... at least not yet.

The output log is called "output_log.txt" (at least it is for Windows installations) and you should be able to find it in the Kerbal Space Program\KSP_Data folder.  Don't post the whole file here since it can get very big.  Zip it and upload it to Dropbox or some equivalent and post the link in the forum.

Hey, using the spawn vessel behaviour, is it possible to spawn vessels relative to positions of other vessels? Say for example I have parked a vessel at a random position (on ground or in orbit). Then after I accepted the contract I could have another vessel spawn in nearby. Think of Elite Dangerous when meeting up with someone for a trade in a random place in space.

1 hour ago, kimiko said:

Hey, using the spawn vessel behaviour, is it possible to spawn vessels relative to positions of other vessels? Say for example I have parked a vessel at a random position (on ground or in orbit). Then after I accepted the contract I could have another vessel spawn in nearby. Think of Elite Dangerous when meeting up with someone for a trade in a random place in space.

It's a different answer for landed and in Orbit.  For landed, you'd use Vessel.Location() to get the vessel location - you can then either modify that by a fixed amount, or use the WaypointGenerator to create a random waypoint near that location (it can be invisible).  The waypoint location can then be fed into the SpawnVessel.

For orbits, it is similar, except you would use Vessel.Orbit().  There is limited expression functionality around Orbits, but it's something I've considered expanding.  Right now, you'd have to take the elements you have access to and translate them into the adjusted orbital parameters.  Let me know what you're looking for in this regards (either on the thread or a GitHub issue) and I can see what we can come up with here.

Is there anything (else) I can do to help CC win the fight to offer contracts?

I've turned weighting off, all other contracts weighting is at the default of 30, ConfiguredContract is set to 90 in the persistence file. However, for some reason, KSP is not picking Contract Configurator contracts when I complete/expire other contracts!

It's not a bug in CC itself, because using the debug tools to reset all of the contracts generates 3-4 CC contracts (which is about what I would expect out of 10-12 offered contracts), but it's like, when they come in individually, KSP just doesn't ask CC for one.

11 hours ago, severedsolo said:

Is there anything (else) I can do to help CC win the fight to offer contracts?

I've turned weighting off, all other contracts weighting is at the default of 30, ConfiguredContract is set to 90 in the persistence file. However, for some reason, KSP is not picking Contract Configurator contracts when I complete/expire other contracts!

It's not a bug in CC itself, because using the debug tools to reset all of the contracts generates 3-4 CC contracts (which is about what I would expect out of 10-12 offered contracts), but it's like, when they come in individually, KSP just doesn't ask CC for one.

The contract weight in the persistence file *should* be ignored for Contract Configurator, if I'm not mistaken.  What I do is set it up at load time based on the contract packs (actually the number of contract group and contract type records) loaded.  The formula for this is very close to what it was in 1.0.x, but modified to use the weighting system instead.  You can see the source for that here.

Unfortunately, the parameters that feed into that are not controllable outside of the code.  It might be that I need to tweak them higher, or modify it dynamically based on the current average weight of all other contract types.

What problem are you trying to solve?  Is it just generally not seeing enough CC contracts, or for a specific contract type or group?  For your test, how many contract_type and contract_group nodes are loaded?  Where are you in the career (ie. what is the relative weight of stock contracts)?  Have you made modifications to any of the contracts.cfg defaults?

6 hours ago, nightingale said:

What problem are you trying to solve?  Is it just generally not seeing enough CC contracts, or for a specific contract type or group?

It's generally not seeing enough CC contracts. Let's put it this way, I played solidly for two days (about 6 hours per session) between 8am and 2pm over tuesday and wednesday. Generally completing contracts on the way, letting offered ones expire if I didn't want to do them (not rejecting them, that may be important. Letting them expire).

I should point out this has only become a problem mid-late career. In early career Field Research was offering alot of contracts (probably because there was less competition)

I was offered an anomaly surveyor contract at about 1pm on Wednesday. Prior to that, the last time I saw a CC contract was about 11am on Tuesday.... (at least one slot is pretty much always open and churning contracts, as it's unlikely I want to do every single contract).

For your test, how many contract_type and contract_group nodes are loaded?

8 groups (including strategia) - 87 types. Plus a few extra "stock type" contract groups (see below)

Where are you in the career (ie. what is the relative weight of stock contracts)?

Late career (tech tree nearly completed, on the second to last row). - Weight of the stock contracts are all set manually to the default of 30, because the game was offering me nothing but surveys, because that's all I could do in early career, and letting them expire doesn't reduce the weighting, only rejecting them does.

StnSciContract = 30
            DMAsteroidSurveyContract = 30
            DMSurveyContract = 30
            DMMagneticSurveyContract = 30
            DMReconContract = 30
            DMAnomalyContract = 30
            ConfiguredContract = 90
            WorldFirstContract = 30
            SurveyContract = 30
            ARMContract = 30
            PlantFlag = 30
            PartTest = 30
            GrandTour = 30
            ExploreBody = 30

Have you made modifications to any of the contracts.cfg defaults?

Yes. I've turned the weighting system off by changing these two lines (for the same reason as above, too many surveys)

WeightAcceptDelta = 0 // How much accepting contracts affects their weight
    WeightDeclineDelta = -0 // How much declining contracts affects their weight

Edited by severedsolo

Hello @nightingale

I'm seeing NRE-s from contract configurator and am not getting any satellite contracts on my rp0-save.

I've been searching for a solution for days already. Could you please take a look at my logs and maybe point me in the right direction ?

ksp.log https://mega.nz/#!LdQEWbhB!coEA0tktFcfB-fs7M_dIakDdJNr-sRXknm6w9PZCG8E

output_log https://mega.nz/#!7EZ1hQ7a!jJRFFqCCidxlJfU3bCk_hQIcnM4wdO9lNv8deEpBRuI

Thank you

@severedsolo - Awesome, that's a ton of good detail.  Raised #510.

@brainy - From the log, it looks to be coming from the RemoteTech contract pack:

[EXC 20:54:23.917] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	FinePrint.Utilities.ProgressUtilities.HaveModuleTech (System.String moduleName, System.String excludeModule)
	FinePrint.Utilities.ProgressUtilities.HaveModuleTypeTech (System.String moduleType, System.String excludeModule)
	ContractConfigurator.PartModuleTypeUnlockedRequirement+<>c.<RequirementMet>b__4_0 (System.String s)
	System.Linq.Enumerable.All[String] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate)
	ContractConfigurator.PartModuleTypeUnlockedRequirement.RequirementMet (ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract contract)
	ContractConfigurator.ContractRequirement.CheckRequirement (ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract contract)
	ContractConfigurator.ContractRequirement.RequirementsMet (ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract contract, ContractConfigurator.ContractType contractType, IEnumerable`1 contractRequirements)
	Rethrow as Exception: ContractConfigurator: Exception checking requirements!
	UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
	ContractConfigurator.LoggingUtil:LogException(Exception)
	ContractConfigurator.ContractRequirement:RequirementsMet(ConfiguredContract, ContractType, IEnumerable`1)
	ContractConfigurator.ContractType:MeetExtendedRequirements(ConfiguredContract, ContractType)
	ContractConfigurator.<ContractGenerator>d__26:MoveNext()
	ContractConfigurator.<ContractGenerator>d__25:MoveNext()
	ContractConfigurator.ContractPreLoader:GetNextContract(ContractPrestige, Boolean)
	ContractConfigurator.ContractPreLoader:GenerateContract(ConfiguredContract)
	ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract:MeetRequirements()
	Contracts.Contract:Generate(Type, ContractPrestige, Int32, State)
	Contracts.ContractSystem:GenerateContract(Int32, ContractPrestige, Type)
	Contracts.ContractSystem:GenerateContract(Int32&, ContractPrestige)
	Contracts.ContractSystem:GenerateContracts(Int32&, ContractPrestige, Int32)
	Contracts.ContractSystem:RefreshContracts()
	Contracts.<UpdateDaemon>c__Iterator81:MoveNext()
[LOG 20:54:23.922] [VERBOSE] ContractConfigurator.ContractType: Didn't generate contract type RT_KerbinRelay: Failed on contract requirement check.

A number of possibilities that I won't have time to investigate at the moment:

1. Something changed in 1.1.x and I need to fix this
  2. RemoteTech compatibility issue (make sure you're on the latest version)
  3. It's a RT contract pack + RP-0 incompatibility.  It could be the code above is making some assumption about parts that just isn't valid for RP-0.

Raised #511, but I won't be able to dig deeper until a couple weeks from now.  If updating RemoteTech doesn't fix it my only suggestion in the meantime is to uninstall the contract pack.

Hi, I'm getting a problem

Exception occured while loading contract parameter 'SCANsatCoverage' in contract 'ScanSatOfficial.SCAN_LoRes':
System.ArgumentException: Missing required value 'targetBody'.
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[CelestialBody] (.ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, Boolean allowExpression) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.SCANsatCoverage.OnParameterLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.Parameters.ContractConfiguratorParameter.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

1 hour ago, Mr Betelgeuse said:

Hi, I'm getting a problem

Exception occured while loading contract parameter 'SCANsatCoverage' in contract 'ScanSatOfficial.SCAN_LoRes':
System.ArgumentException: Missing required value 'targetBody'.
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[CelestialBody] (.ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, Boolean allowExpression) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.SCANsatCoverage.OnParameterLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.Parameters.ContractConfiguratorParameter.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Can I get a KSP.log?  @severedsolo & @DMagic may want to take a look too, although at the moment I'll assume this is a Contract Configurator problem.

Also, did you install/uninstall any planet packs recently?

Hi there @nightingale

I think I have an issue where either CC or Strategia is preventing my m700 scanner from transmitting its scan report. this is a portion of my log when I attempt a transmission:-

Spoiler

LOG 12:44:02.412] FF: orbit closed detected for vessel probeCoreOcto (Farsight II)
[LOG 12:44:22.771] [SCANsat] Unloading Kopernicus On Demand PQSMod For Kerbin
[LOG 12:44:22.772] [SCANsat] Height Map Of [Kerbin] Completed...
[LOG 12:45:07.283] [SCANsat] Height Map Of [Minmus] Completed...
[LOG 12:45:07.382] [SCANsat] Loading Kopernicus On Demand PQSMod For the Mun
[LOG 12:45:08.740] Sending data to vessel comms. 1 devices to choose from. Will try to pick the best one
[LOG 12:45:08.749] RemoteTech: ModuleRTDataTransmitter::TransmitData(2p)
[LOG 12:45:08.751] RemoteTech: ModuleRTDataTransmitter::Transmit
[ERR 12:45:08.752] [R&D]: No Science Subject found with id survey@Minmus

[LOG 12:45:09.074] RemoteTech: Changing RnDCommsStream timeout from 0.3 to 0.3111572
[LOG 12:45:09.075] RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Orbital Survey Data) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 5 - Files to Go: 0
[LOG 12:45:09.401] RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Orbital Survey Data) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 4 - Files to Go: 0
[LOG 12:45:09.744] RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Orbital Survey Data) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 3 - Files to Go: 0
[LOG 12:45:10.066] RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Orbital Survey Data) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 2 - Files to Go: 0
[LOG 12:45:10.380] RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Orbital Survey Data) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 1 - Files to Go: 0
[LOG 12:45:10.683] RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Orbital Survey Data) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 0 - Files to Go: 0
[LOG 12:45:10.690] [Research & Development]: +12 data on . Subject value is NaN
[EXC 12:45:10.696] ArgumentException: '' is not a valid CelestialBody.
    ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseCelestialBodyValue (System.String celestialName)
    ContractConfigurator.Util.Science.GetCelestialBody (.ScienceSubject subject)
    Strategia.ScienceBooster.OnScienceReceived (Single amount, .ScienceSubject subject, .ProtoVessel vessel, Boolean reverseEngineered)
    EventData`4[System.Single,ScienceSubject,ProtoVessel,System.Boolean].Fire (Single data0, .ScienceSubject data1, .ProtoVessel data2, Boolean data3)
    ResearchAndDevelopment.SubmitScienceData (Single dataAmount, .ScienceSubject subject, Single xmitScalar, .ProtoVessel source, Boolean reverseEngineered)
    RnDCommsStream.submitStreamData (.ProtoVessel source)
    RnDCommsStream.StreamData (Single dataAmount, .ProtoVessel source)
    RemoteTech.Modules.ModuleRTDataTransmitter+<Transmit>c__Iterator0.MoveNext ()
[LOG 12:45:11.177] [Research & Development]: +12 data on . Subject value is NaN
[EXC 12:45:11.178] ArgumentException: '' is not a valid CelestialBody.
    ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseCelestialBodyValue (System.String celestialName)
    Strategia.ScienceBooster.OnScienceReceived (Single amount, .ScienceSubject subject, .ProtoVessel vessel, Boolean reverseEngineered)
    EventData`4[System.Single,ScienceSubject,ProtoVessel,System.Boolean].Fire (Single data0, .ScienceSubject data1, .ProtoVessel data2, Boolean data3)
    ResearchAndDevelopment.SubmitScienceData (Single dataAmount, .ScienceSubject subject, Single xmitScalar, .ProtoVessel source, Boolean reverseEngineered)
    RnDCommsStream+<timeoutCoroutine>c__Iterator88.MoveNext ()
[LOG 12:45:18.375] RemoteTech: ModuleRTDataTransmitter::OnSave

I can provide a full log if required. 

When I remove CC and Strategia the transmission operates goes through. 

The probe in question is orbiting Minmus, which I dont have a scan contract for.  I do have a contract for an altimetry scan of Mun though, from the scansat contract pack, and it's possible I suppose that its that contract which is causing the issue. I obviously had to remove my contract packs when I tested removing CC

4 hours ago, Chippy the Space Dog said:

Hi there @nightingale

I think I have an issue where either CC or Strategia is preventing my m700 scanner from transmitting its scan report. this is a portion of my log when I attempt a transmission:-

Reveal hidden contents

LOG 12:44:02.412] FF: orbit closed detected for vessel probeCoreOcto (Farsight II)
[LOG 12:44:22.771] [SCANsat] Unloading Kopernicus On Demand PQSMod For Kerbin
[LOG 12:44:22.772] [SCANsat] Height Map Of [Kerbin] Completed...
[LOG 12:45:07.283] [SCANsat] Height Map Of [Minmus] Completed...
[LOG 12:45:07.382] [SCANsat] Loading Kopernicus On Demand PQSMod For the Mun
[LOG 12:45:08.740] Sending data to vessel comms. 1 devices to choose from. Will try to pick the best one
[LOG 12:45:08.749] RemoteTech: ModuleRTDataTransmitter::TransmitData(2p)
[LOG 12:45:08.751] RemoteTech: ModuleRTDataTransmitter::Transmit
[ERR 12:45:08.752] [R&D]: No Science Subject found with id survey@Minmus

[LOG 12:45:09.074] RemoteTech: Changing RnDCommsStream timeout from 0.3 to 0.3111572
[LOG 12:45:09.075] RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Orbital Survey Data) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 5 - Files to Go: 0
[LOG 12:45:09.401] RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Orbital Survey Data) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 4 - Files to Go: 0
[LOG 12:45:09.744] RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Orbital Survey Data) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 3 - Files to Go: 0
[LOG 12:45:10.066] RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Orbital Survey Data) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 2 - Files to Go: 0
[LOG 12:45:10.380] RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Orbital Survey Data) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 1 - Files to Go: 0
[LOG 12:45:10.683] RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Orbital Survey Data) - 6.67 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 0 - Files to Go: 0
[LOG 12:45:10.690] [Research & Development]: +12 data on . Subject value is NaN
[EXC 12:45:10.696] ArgumentException: '' is not a valid CelestialBody.
    RnDCommsStream.StreamData (Single dataAmount, .ProtoVessel source)
    RemoteTech.Modules.ModuleRTDataTransmitter+<Transmit>c__Iterator0.MoveNext ()
[LOG 12:45:11.177] [Research & Development]: +12 data on . Subject value is NaN
[EXC 12:45:11.178] ArgumentException: '' is not a valid CelestialBody.
    RnDCommsStream+<timeoutCoroutine>c__Iterator88.MoveNext ()
[LOG 12:45:18.375] RemoteTech: ModuleRTDataTransmitter::OnSave

I can provide a full log if required. 

When I remove CC and Strategia the transmission operates goes through. 

The probe in question is orbiting Minmus, which I dont have a scan contract for.  I do have a contract for an altimetry scan of Mun though, from the scansat contract pack, and it's possible I suppose that its that contract which is causing the issue. I obviously had to remove my contract packs when I tested removing CC

Had same issue here, there is a workaround though - go to scansat settings and disable the "imiidiate" mode of the scanner, so it works like all the others... then you can complete the mission :)

3 hours ago, Lennartos said:

Had same issue here, there is a workaround though - go to scansat settings and disable the "imiidiate" mode of the scanner, so it works like all the others... then you can complete the mission :)

Thanks Lennartos.  Sadly, I already have 'immediate' disabled. None of my scans work with it on.  I think that's Remote Tech related. 

3 hours ago, nightingale said:

@Chippy the Space Dog - Fixed for the next release.

Thank you Nightingale.:) I saw there was a folder with a bunch of science exceptions in it, and figured it was probably something to do with that.  Appreciated!

8 minutes ago, Chippy the Space Dog said:

Actually, given that it's 10 days since last release, is there an MM or something I can do in the meantime?  I'd like to be able to move my survey vessel on if at all possible. 

I'll get a release out on the weekend or so.  In the meantime, give the dev dll a try here.