[1.10.1+] Contract Configurator [v1.30.5] [2020-10-05]

nightingale

When I tried disabling any stock contracts before starting a game using Contract Configurator difficulty menu, after starting the game become Sandbox (i.e. all parts unlocked, mission control unavailable)

Version 1.20.1-pre

Edited by pwhk

4 hours ago, pwhk said:

When I tried disabling any stock contracts before starting a game using Contract Configurator difficulty menu, after starting the game become Sandbox (i.e. all parts unlocked, mission control unavailable)

Version 1.20.1-pre

1.20.1 was meant to be internal, there is no support for it.

I just transferred my game to 1.1.3, now the vast majority of my mods have FINALLY been updated. I'm now having an issue where I am unable to leave the R&D facility or  Mission Control building (only two I've tried). Same saves still works perfectly in the 1.1.2 install.

Why am I posting this here? Well I hear tell that this can be caused by something to do with contracts, possibly removing an agency that you previous accepted a contract for? Although I don't think I've done this. Is this likely to be the cause? I guess the contract experts would be here!

I have the following contract related things installed:

1. This (obviously)!
  2. Remote tech contract pack
  3. Anomaly surveyor
  4. Field Science

The below which seems to have changed ownership, on my 1.1.2 game I think I had the version prior to the take over.

How can I resolve? I've seen suggested that deleting the whole CONTRACTS section of the save might resolve it? Is that a good idea?

Edited by Bishop149

@Bishop149 - Contract Configurator is not supported on KSP 1.2 yet, the release was by mistake.  I have no idea if it's the cause of your issue - there's not enough information to make a determination, and it's not something I'm able to spend time digging into at the moment.

Sorry!

8 minutes ago, nightingale said:

@Bishop149 - Contract Configurator is not supported on KSP 1.2 yet, the release was by mistake.  I have no idea if it's the cause of your issue - there's not enough information to make a determination, and it's not something I'm able to spend time digging into at the moment.

Sorry!

Bishop's problem is on 1.1.3, not 1.2.

1 hour ago, nightingale said:

@SilverlightPony - errr... yup, misread the "update to new version" line.

@Bishop149 - Still nothing I can do here without logs. :)

well I did delete the entire scenario section in the save file that contained all the contract information, and it did fix the problem. But threw the error below, but the question is that just an expected one off and contracts are no essentially a blank slate?

8pyv5Ci.png

Which log are you referring to, the standard "output_log"? I will recreate the problem and post it.

35 minutes ago, Bishop149 said:

[...] it did fix the problem. But threw the error below [...]

Those two statements are somewhat contradictory. :P

Anyway, I'd expect that deleting big chunks of your save will cause some referential integrity issues (and void the warranty).

35 minutes ago, Bishop149 said:

Which log are you referring to, the standard "output_log"? I will recreate the problem and post it.

Yup, although KSP.log is actually preferred in this instance.

9 minutes ago, nightingale said:

Those two statements are somewhat contradictory. :P

Anyway, I'd expect that deleting big chunks of your save will cause some referential integrity issues (and void the warranty).

Yup, although KSP.log is actually preferred in this instance.

To clarify, the issue I encountered was being unable to leave the RnD or Mission control buildings, the only two I tried but it might well be all of them. The red leave button in the top right corner did nothing when pressed. Additionally "Exit to main menu" in the pause menu didn't work either. The only way to stop KSP at this point is Alt-F4.

I read that this is a common problem often associated with contracts, specifically if there is any mismatch between your contract list and the installed agencies / contract packs. So I deleted the entire contract scenario from the save and the issue with leaving buildings was resolved, so it's definitely a contracts issue although as you say its far from ideal as a solution and will no doubt cause further problems. I'd prefer something less destructive / more elegant.

I think if I could just get a copy of what the default / no other mods section of this portion of the save file (that seems to outline general contract settings) looks like then it could go a long way to helping me repair the save, I think I could then selectively delete any contracts without to many issues

SCENARIO
	{
		name = ContractSystem
		scene = 7, 8, 5, 6
		update = 16068818.9322865
		version = 1.1.2
		WEIGHTS
		{
			ConfiguredContract6 = 30
			ConfiguredContract5 = 30
			ConfiguredContract4 = 30
			ConfiguredContract3 = 30
			ConfiguredContract2 = 30
			ConfiguredContract1 = 30
			DMAsteroidSurveyContract = 10
			DMSurveyContract = 10
			DMMagneticSurveyContract = 10
			DMReconContract = 10
			DMAnomalyContract = 30
			ConfiguredContract = 30
			WorldFirstContract = 30
			TourismContract = 10
			SurveyContract = 10
			StationContract = 10
			SatelliteContract = 10
			ISRUContract = 10
			BaseContract = 10
			ARMContract = 10
			RecoverAsset = 18
			PlantFlag = 90
			PartTest = 18
			GrandTour = 30
			ExploreBody = 30
		}

I'm curious, if I understand correctly then simply removing a contract pack is highly likely to cause this issue, how is it recommended they be removed?

Here is a KSP log during which the leaving building issue occurred as requested: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1L7Lkh_iYmWLTlWU1lieDZ6dUk/view

@Bishop149 - here's the issue:

[EXC 23:34:41.686] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	Contracts.Parameters.PartTest.OnSave (.ConfigNode node)
	Contracts.ContractParameter.Save (.ConfigNode node)
	Contracts.Contract.Save (.ConfigNode node)
	Contracts.ContractSystem.OnSave (.ConfigNode gameNode)
	ScenarioModule.Save (.ConfigNode node)
	ProtoScenarioModule..ctor (.ScenarioModule module)
	ScenarioRunner.GetUpdatedProtoModules ()
	Game.Updated ()
	GamePersistence.SaveGame (System.String saveFileName, System.String saveFolder, SaveMode saveMode)
	KSP.UI.Screens.RDSceneSpawner.onRDDespawn ()
	EventVoid.Fire ()
	KSP.UI.Screens.RDSceneDespawner.BtnExit ()
	UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke (System.Object[] args)
	UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCallList.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters)
	UnityEngine.Events.UnityEventBase.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters)
	UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke ()
	UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press ()
	UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[IPointerClickHandler] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1 functor)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

Basically, removing a part (typically from a mod) that is in a stock part test contract will cause that failure.  I've actually fixed this two ways in 1.2 (a failure like this won't cause R&D to lock up, and the contract failure won't happen anymore).  So all stock, nothing to be done other than cleaning up the *specific* part test contract (that should prevent the other Contract Configurator errors.

11 hours ago, nightingale said:

@Bishop149 - here's the issue:

[EXC 23:34:41.686] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	Contracts.Parameters.PartTest.OnSave (.ConfigNode node)
	Contracts.ContractParameter.Save (.ConfigNode node)
	Contracts.Contract.Save (.ConfigNode node)
	Contracts.ContractSystem.OnSave (.ConfigNode gameNode)
	ScenarioModule.Save (.ConfigNode node)
	ProtoScenarioModule..ctor (.ScenarioModule module)
	ScenarioRunner.GetUpdatedProtoModules ()
	Game.Updated ()
	GamePersistence.SaveGame (System.String saveFileName, System.String saveFolder, SaveMode saveMode)
	KSP.UI.Screens.RDSceneSpawner.onRDDespawn ()
	EventVoid.Fire ()
	KSP.UI.Screens.RDSceneDespawner.BtnExit ()
	UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke (System.Object[] args)
	UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCallList.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters)
	UnityEngine.Events.UnityEventBase.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters)
	UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke ()
	UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press ()
	UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[IPointerClickHandler] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1 functor)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

Basically, removing a part (typically from a mod) that is in a stock part test contract will cause that failure.  I've actually fixed this two ways in 1.2 (a failure like this won't cause R&D to lock up, and the contract failure won't happen anymore).  So all stock, nothing to be done other than cleaning up the *specific* part test contract (that should prevent the other Contract Configurator errors.

Thanks, so am I to understand that removing all incidents of "part test" contracts from my save file should be sufficient to resolve?

1 hour ago, tjsnh said:

It seems CC isn't loading with 1.2 , is this a known issue or should I post some logs?

Reading the title of this thread shows that 1.2 is not yet supported. And please don't ask when it is.

1 hour ago, DocMop said:

Reading the title of this thread shows that 1.2 is not yet supported. And please don't ask when it is.

Why can't we ask when an update should be expected? Tons of mods can't work without this being updated, and nightingale said "an officially supported release will be added after KSP 1.2 is released." A lot of people, myself included, are waiting for this mod to be updated before starting a new career with 1.2. So whats wrong with asking for the progress of the 1.2 update?

22 minutes ago, dalekcaan said:

Why can't we ask when an update should be expected? Tons of mods can't work without this being updated, and nightingale said "an officially supported release will be added after KSP 1.2 is released." A lot of people, myself included, are waiting for this mod to be updated before starting a new career with 1.2. So whats wrong with asking for the progress of the 1.2 update?

Mod makers work for free in their spare time to make the game better for others, while we all want these updated and working right, we can't hold mod makers to the same expectations we do as Developers (who have been paid.)  While Nightingale is a Dev, this is a mod and so is a hobby for him/her as opposed to being part of the job itself. 

I hope this helps explain

30 minutes ago, dalekcaan said:

It's fine to ask once, it is not fine to ask repeatedly. The reason for this is that continual requests for updates can make the forum almost hostile to modders, and we very much don't want that as they are volunteers who are not required to make or share anything with us. It has been such a persistent issue that we made a separate forum rule about it.

We certainly understand mod users' desire to see their favorite mods updated (I'm waiting for a few myself). But a cursory read of the last page or two of this one in particular shows that the update is being worked on and the author doesn't need reminding. So we'll ask you to please be patient.

@dalekcaan (& everyone):

I'm currently working on the 1.2 update.  I'd done some work in parallel with the 1.2 pre-release.  However, Contract Configurator is a very large and complex mod and there's lots of stuff that needs to be fixed/verified in 1.2.  Usually I'd have something up by now, but most days I was faced with a choice of either doing work on 1.2 or Contract Configurator - and fixing bugs in 1.2 makes it better for everyone.

Thanks for everyone's patience, and I expect to have a release out soon™.  

4 hours ago, nightingale said:

@dalekcaan (& everyone):

I'm currently working on the 1.2 update.  I'd done some work in parallel with the 1.2 pre-release.  However, Contract Configurator is a very large and complex mod and there's lots of stuff that needs to be fixed/verified in 1.2.  Usually I'd have something up by now, but most days I was faced with a choice of either doing work on 1.2 or Contract Configurator - and fixing bugs in 1.2 makes it better for everyone.

Thanks for everyone's patience, and I expect to have a release out soon™.  

No rush, we're all thankful for your amazing work on this project. Knowing that an update is in the works eases the fears. :)
[insert several metric tons of upvotes, respect, and other assorted kudos here]

On 13.10.2016 at 2:27 PM, dalekcaan said:

Besides what has already been said, if you read through the last page carefully, or let´s say you just quickly go through the posts and think about it for a moment it should be clear that:

1. Almost 50% of the posts are from the mod creator himself answering questions, trying to help out with bugs and such

2. The modmaker, namely nightingale is emloyed at SQUAD

On 8.10.2016 at 9:26 PM, nightingale said:

Contract Configurator is not supported on KSP 1.2 yet

Now if I myself draw some conclusions from that:

A. from 1.& 2. I know that the mod creator works for SQUAD, so he is aware that KSP 1.2 has launched and as the mod creator he also knows that his mod is not compatible with the lates KSP version.

B. from 1. & 3. the mod is not abandoned, so there are very good chances, that we can expect an update on it sooner or later. In fact, the number of replies from the mod maker himself tells me, that he is working on the mod.

C. from 3. self explanatory

As for some thumb rules on how to get some information about the status of mod:

Read through the last couple of pages of the thread. If you are to lazy or your time is limited, use the search function (under Windows CTRL+F), type "1.2" or the name of the mod creator in there and you should get quick answers.

If that doesn´t satisfy your needs for answers, just look up how recent the last posts are. If there has been no posting for a couple of weeks or more, I use it as a last resort to ask whether the mod is abandoned.

Other than that just try to be helpful by reporting bugs with the logs attached and taking the time to say thanks as a reward for the so beloved mods of yours that come for free. Before asking when a mod is updated consider that the time of the developer himself might also be limited and answering that question after-work might limit his time even more.

@nightingale
I have a little something to ask, or suggest if you like.
As far as I know, the Rightclick does nothing currently in Mission control.
Maybe you could bind that key input to "delete the proposed contract" it is applied to?
That would make it a lot faster to find the right contract for your Space Program, instead of selecting the contract and push the "delete button" on the top right of the screen.

Hope you find this as useful as I do.

Cheers.

9 hours ago, MalfunctionM1Ke said:

@nightingale
I have a little something to ask, or suggest if you like.
As far as I know, the Rightclick does nothing currently in Mission control.
Maybe you could bind that key input to "delete the proposed contract" it is applied to?
That would make it a lot faster to find the right contract for your Space Program, instead of selecting the contract and push the "delete button" on the top right of the screen.

Hope you find this as useful as I do.

Cheers.

In Contract Configurator the selected contract will keep focus if you dismiss it (if one replaces it, it will have focus).  So it's actually possible to just keep spamming the dismiss key already (in some cases).  This wouldn't apply for stock contracts.

Otherwise, I'd say that this is out of scope of the mod, but someone might be willing to do it as a modlet/quick-mod.  In fact, I thought there was something that give dismiss a keyboard binding in the past?  Maybe @5thHorseman remembers - he's got a much better memory for this kind of stuff than me. :D

11 minutes ago, nightingale said:

In Contract Configurator the selected contract will keep focus if you dismiss it (if one replaces it, it will have focus).  So it's actually possible to just keep spamming the dismiss key already (in some cases).  This wouldn't apply for stock contracts.

Otherwise, I'd say that this is out of scope of the mod, but someone might be willing to do it as a modlet/quick-mod.  In fact, I thought there was something that give dismiss a keyboard binding in the past?  Maybe @5thHorseman remembers - he's got a much better memory for this kind of stuff than me. :D

Haha yeah I do remember that. It was I think a Malah quick mod. I think he stopped updating it though. I'm on my phone so can't be bothered to navigate the search right now. :)