[1.10.1+] Contract Configurator [v1.30.5] [2020-10-05]

nightingale

So, there's this bug that I'm struggling with. I'm using Contract Configurator 1.21 along with SETI Contracts 1.2, on KSP 1.2.1. I want to have only contracts from SETI in my game, with no stock equivalents, so I disable stock "exploration" contracts in Contract Configurator settings. And yet, after I complete first SETI contract, stock "Escape the atmosphere!" and later stock "Orbit Kerbin!" appears alongside similar SETI contracts. It shouldn't happen, since I disabled exploration contracts in the settings. These unwanted stock contracts appear only in "Available" tab, there's no trace of them in "All" tab. It seems to be bug related to Contract Configurator, but I'm not entirely sure, hence why I also mentioned it in SETI thread.

Edited by Sol Invictus

14 hours ago, Sol Invictus said:

So, there's this bug that I'm struggling with. I'm using Contract Configurator 1.21 along with SETI Contracts 1.2, on KSP 1.2.1. I want to have only contracts from SETI in my game, with no stock equivalents, so I disable stock "exploration" contracts in Contract Configurator settings. And yet, after I complete first SETI contract, stock "Escape the atmosphere!" and later stock "Orbit Kerbin!" appears alongside similar SETI contracts. It shouldn't happen, since I disabled exploration contracts in the settings. These unwanted stock contracts appear only in "Available" tab, there's no trace of them in "All" tab. It seems to be bug related to Contract Configurator, but I'm not entirely sure, hence why I also mentioned it in SETI thread.

14 hours ago, nightingale said:

Could be because Exploration is special in stock or could be a bug in how Contract Configurator saves those settings.  Post up a save file and I'll take a look.

I checked the stock contract config file and the names seem to be different from the ones specified in the contract configurator wiki: https://github.com/jrossignol/ContractConfigurator/wiki/Miscellaneous

Specifically, "WorldFirstContract" does not exist in the stock "Contracts.cfg", but there is an entry called "Progression".

"ExploreBody" does not exists as well, and I do not see an equivalent in the stock Contracts.cfg. Neither does "RecordTrackContract".

Those are the 3 contract types specified within SETIcontracts to be deactivated, as specified in the cc wiki:

CONTRACT_GROUP
{
    name = SETIcontracts
    displayName = SETI Contracts

minVersion = 1.7.3

disabledContractType = RecordTrackContract
    disabledContractType = ExploreBody
    disabledContractType = WorldFirstContract
}

Maybe squad changed the stock contracts again?

Edited by Yemo

12 minutes ago, nightingale said:

@Sol Invictus & @Yemo - Ah, I thought this was about disabling contracts via the difficulty settings.

Yes, WorldFirst is gone, RecordTrack has been gone for a while (I think) and ExploreBody is now ExplorationContract.  The wiki has been updated.

Ah, now I remember, I left some in for compatibility and just never removed them since there was no issue.

But I did not know about the renaming of ExploreBody to ExplorationContract. Will correct this in the next SETIcontracts release.

Thank you very much!

hi nightingale,

i would like to konw if it is possible to have contract that impose the mean anomaly at epoch (or the true anomaly) for a satellite contract?

i mean not just match the target orbit, but also be at the right place at the right time like a RDV but without a target ship.

with a specific visible marker? ( because numbers are boring)

if not i have maybe a simple idea/workaround.

thank you ( and thank's again for this amazing mod :))

Edited by Skalou

15 hours ago, nightingale said:

@Skalou - that is something that is not currently possible.

Ok, thank you.

i will look at what is possible to do with current things,

my plan:

-design a new part without collider maybe with lights or whathever makes it visible

-spawn a ship with only this part on the orbit i need with the required mean anomaly

-ask to rendez vous with it and get a target velocity small during a few time

what do you thing about it?

39 minutes ago, Skalou said:

Ok, thank you.

i will look at what is possible to do with current things,

my plan:

-design a new part without collider maybe with lights or whathever makes it visible

-spawn a ship with only this part on the orbit i need with the required mean anomaly

-ask to rendez vous with it and get a target velocity small during a few time

what do you thing about it?

That sounds like it would work.

@nightingale SETI Contracts' newest update didn't correct anything in this regard, the only thing it does differently is that it's now automatically unchecking "Exploration" ballot box in Contract Configurator difficulty settings. I was doing that myself all this time. Problem is that despite of "exploration" ballot box being unchecked, stock exploration contracts, like "Escape the atmosphere!" and "Orbit Kerbin!", are still appearing alongside their SETI equivalents. It starts happening as soon as I finish first SETI contract (reach 18km unmanned). I believe it has nothing to do with SETI Contracts, and all with how Contract Configurator is dealing with contracts in KSP 1.2.1.

Here is screenshot of my mission control: https://www.dropbox.com/s/90zdlwgud8u4h73/escape1.png?dl=0

What's interesting is that there's no trace of stock "Escape the atmosphere" contract in the "All" tab of mission control. It only appears in "Available" tab.

Edited by Sol Invictus

@nightingale  In first place, thank you for this amazing mod and making KSP such an amazing game. 

I have installed many contract packs like KerbinsideJobs, Field Research, GAP and KerbinSpace Station, even waypoint manager. But I think I have noticed a little bug in the tracking station, when I try to hide the waypoints and the orbits offered for contract missions. The option to hide offered waypoints works in some cases, but for the active waypoints not at all. I looked in the debug console to find any clue, and apparently every time I turn the filter I get some errors, like this screenshot:

DYquWAz.png

Anyone is getting this problem too? To replicate just enter the tracking station and click the filter for waypoints or orbits. Any advise is appreciated :)

Am I missing where to add/remove contract packs during career? I see them in the difficulty settings when starting a career but I can't find them after the career has started. Someone mentioned they're in the settings a few pages back but I don't see anything like that in the settings menu.

6 hours ago, John885 said:

Am I missing where to add/remove contract packs during career? I see them in the difficulty settings when starting a career but I can't find them after the career has started. Someone mentioned they're in the settings a few pages back but I don't see anything like that in the settings menu.

You shouldn't need to fiddle with the settings unless you are planning on disabling stock contracts. Contract Packs should show in Mission Control if you have CC installed (it should look something like this).

If you are seeing the stock Contract UI then you have an installation problem. If the packs just aren't showing, pressing Alt-F10 will show you which ones are misbehaving.

Edited by severedsolo

@nightingale Some thoughts on contract weighting (directed to you both as a mod dev, and a Squad staff member).

I've been watching the weightings in my persistence file, and I think that CC doesn't touch the weightings when you click a contract correct? (same as Exploration Contracts)

This seems off to me, I get why Configured Contract doesn't change (why would it? the contracts are always available) but I feel like the planetary weightings should change. Frankly, you are far more likely to accept a CC contract than a stock one, as the CC ones are less random. I feel like accepting a CC contract (or indeed rejecting/letting them expire) should affect planetary weightings. I find myself in this weird position where my game thinks I don't like Mun very much (even though that's my primary focus) because I'm basically only doing CC contracts and explorations.

Which leads me to my (related) second point (and talking to you as a Squad Dev): Exploration contracts also don't change weightings. I like to do explorations before I do other contracts for the same milestone, because I want the contract rewards, and don't want to skip it. Problem is, you get the "stretch objectives" offering you contracts for your next "unreached body" - but when you don't take them (because you are waiting for exploration) it lowers the weighting, so when you are ready to do them, you don't see those contracts so much.

TL:DR - I think CC contracts and Exploration contracts should count towards Planet Weighting, but I'll take CC only, as I'm planning on doing a contract pack for Exploration anyway, once #600 is sorted..

Edited by severedsolo

@severedsolo - Raised #602 for the Contract Configurator side, as I agree with you.  As to the stock Exploration contracts, they don't set any weights because they are non-cancellable/declinable.  So the player isn't able to make a choice of which body to take with Exploration contracts.  Still, I could see an argument for increasing the weights regardless (as the player can just ignore the contract, so there is still minimal ability to choose).

@nightingale

Before I raise this as an issue, I got the following report from someone about my unmanned contracts pack, I think it might be a  CC issue:

While I have not 'tested' it, I have used it throughout my early 1.2 career play through. The only issue I have found is that the orbit a probe and return it safely contract seems to complete upon the next returned ship from orbit after acceptance of the contract, regardless of whether or not it is a probe. Could be a mod conflict, so possibly an isolated incident.

The code in question is:

PARAMETER
        {
                name = VesselParameterGroup_1
                type = VesselParameterGroup
                completeInSequence = true

PARAMETER
                {
                        name = Orbit
                        type = Orbit

situation = ORBITING
                        minInclination = 0
                        minEccentricity = 0.0

disableOnStateChange = true

}
                PARAMETER
                {
                        name = ReturnHome
                        type = ReturnHome
                }
        }

@linuxgurugamer - The answer is - it depends.  There's lots of different ways to do that type of thing.  One method is to use two VesselParamterGroups (one with a define and the second with a vessel attribute).  This can get clunky though, so my preferred method is to just be careful with use of the completeInSequence and disableOnStateChange attributes in a single VesselParameterGroup.  Something like this (pseudo-config):

VesselParameterGroup
{
    HasCrew = 0 (or HasCrewCapacity)
    ReachState => ORBIT (disableOnStateChange = true)
    ReturnHome (completeInSequence = true)
}

You may of course have other parameters needed to define the particular mission you had in mind.