[1.10.1+] Contract Configurator [v1.30.5] [2020-10-05]

nightingale

Recently when I loaded up my game, I was shown this error message.

Exception occured while loading contract 'unknown':
System.Exception: No ContractBehaviour with type = 'ResearchBodies.RBSearchSkiesBehaviour'.
  at ContractConfigurator.ContractBehaviour.LoadBehaviour (.ConfigNode configNode, ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract contract) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Running KSP 1.3.0, here's a list of mods: cpu3oCP.png

On 2017-7-7 at 3:48 AM, Tivec said:

I just had it happen again, and this time I have saved a log! I had one update via CKAN, but I can't remember which it was - I'm pretty sure it wasn't one adding contracts. Two mods I know I have added since the last time the "all" tab worked properly are [x] Science and Throttle Controlled Avionics. However, the tab has worked since the install,

I also exported my CKAN mod export (as .ckan), the mods I have installed from outside of CKAN, and the save file for you to analyze. Everything in a neat package here: http://i.tivec.org/BugReport.7z - I hope 7zip is alright with you.

When the bug happened I had just completed the contract with guid b04f03da-773f-442b-ad25-be24a1f141f1 (check the persistent.sfs for data, it's a DMagic contract).

Do let me know if there is anything I can do to help other than this.

Edit: This was not with the new dev build you had linked me in the original answer to my post! I'm installing that to test now.

Edit #2: It seems to be working again with the new dev build! Still, you have the data to test with should you need it :)

Sorry about the late reply.  Thanks for putting all that together.  Based on that log (and the fact that it works on the dev build), I'm fairly confident I made the right fixes.  Let me know if this crops up again.

---

@kgbeast - If I had to take a guess, that's an incorrectly installed ResearchBodies (the class that it's complaining about and the contract generating the error both come from ResearchBodies).  Make sure that RB is correctly installed and try again.

Edited by nightingale

Hey @nightingale,

I have a question on a DATA node.

If I have a current contract that requires you to have crew on a vessel, can I use the DATA node later in the contract to get the names of the crew that is on board? What I am trying to do is to have 2 vessels rendezvous in orbit and then to have them both have to safely return their crew. I have tried to just sepcify ReturnHome, but it can be completed and checked off by either vessel.

Thanks!

Pap

@nightingale

Ok a real problem.  Getting the following exception

Exception occured while loading contract 'RP0.recordUncrewedAlt':
System.Exception: Error parsing statement.
Error occurred near '*':
Max($RP0_SoundingDifficulty, @/uncrewedTargetAltitudeKM * 60)
.......................................................* <-- HERE ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.ArgumentException: Cannot get value for @/uncrewedTargetAltitudeKM: not available in this context.
  at ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExpressionParser`1[System.Double].ParseSpecialIdentifier (ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.Token token) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExpressionParser`1[System.Double].GetCalledFunction (System.String functionName, Function& selectedMethod, Boolean isFunction) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExpressionParser`1[System.Double].ParseExpression (System.String key, System.String expression, ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.DataNode dataNode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExpressionParser`1[System.Double].ParseExpressionGeneric (System.String key, System.String expression, ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.DataNode dataNode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.Behaviour.Expression.OnLoad (.ConfigNode configNode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ContractBehaviour.Load (.ConfigNode configNode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ContractBehaviour.LoadBehaviour (.ConfigNode configNode, ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract contract) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

But I have this block defined

DATA
    {
        type = float

uncrewedTargetAltitudeKM = @uncrewedTargetAltitude*0.001
    }

DATA
	{
		type = float
		newMaxSoundingDifficulty = Max($RP0_SoundingDifficulty, @uncrewedTargetAltitudeKM * 60)

}

The whole contract is here

https://pastebin.com/Ctb9eUHz

This doesn't actually seem to cause problems with the contract, and also seems to go away after a couple of these exceptions happen

Edited by Maxsimal

Hey Nightingale,

I saw you've been already noted that contract form Bases & Station are failing as soon as one of multiple station contracts finishes. It also happens with me and I thought you might get a log for a closer Look, especially as I tried the dev.dll you posted June 30th and the error keep happening.

Here you can find a KSP.log an a safefile shortly before the first of three station finishes and makes the other two contracts fail. The contracts are resolved a timetamp 11:29:18 in KSP.log I guess.

I hope that helps tracking it down. =)

Cheers,

SchrottBot

@nightingale

I'm also having a problem where a contract, with all conditions met, no parse errors, no errors in the log, no limit on simultaneous contracts, is still not showing up as available.  Any ideas?  Anything I can do to provide debug about it?

• 2 weeks later...

I am also experiencing the disappearing / reappearing contracts, only this mod seems affected. One thing I noticed that hasn't been reported, is that the contracts rapidly change between one, two, or three stars as they blink in and out. I have no idea if that's relevant; I can only hope it helps somehow.

Edit: Whoops! That report was supposed to go to the Bases and Stations contract thread. But I'll go ahead and leave a copy here.

Edited by White Owl

Hi @nightingale, I have never used this mod before but I am help contribute to the development of another mod called Kerbal Star System. 

The dev of KSS is trying to implement a story into career and the story missions are like milestones. Will you please tell me if Contract Configurator will accomplish what I want it to do?...

I want the player to unlock a new tech in the R&D Building that will in turn open up a new story contract in the Mission Control Building (the contract made with Contract Configurator)

So basically I'm asking if I can make contracts appear with the unlocking of a new tech in the R&D building.. If not, could you help us make it work?

58 minutes ago, Voodoo8648 said:

So basically I'm asking if I can make contracts appear with the unlocking of a new tech in the R&D building.. If not, could you help us make it work?

Yes. One if the requirements a contract can have is a check if a certain tech had been researched. Just set and it'll hide the contract until the player researches that node. For example, in the stock antenna rebalance contracts, the tier 2 contracts check if Precision Engineering is unlocked.

Here is some sample code:

REQUIREMENT // must be have researched tech
    {
        name = TechResearched
        type = TechResearched
        tech = precisionEngineering // RA-2
    }
Edited by Three_Pounds

4 minutes ago, Three_Pounds said:

Yes. One if the requirements a contract can have is a check if a certain tech had been researched. Just set and it'll hide the contract until the player researches that node. For example, in the stock antenna rebalance contracts, the tier 2 contracts check if Precision Engineering is unlocked.

Awesome! How can I create a new series of technologies in R&D??

@StarCrusher96

Edited by Voodoo8648

There seems to be a problem with the "Geostationary Weather Satellite" contract from RP-0 ver 0.54.  I've reported this on the RP-0 GitHub but I've also been looking at the contract itself to try and figure out what the issue is, without much luck.  I was hoping that nightingale or someone else more familiar with setting up contracts might be able to take a look and give me an idea what can be changed to make this contract work.

As I understand the intent of the contract you're supposed to launch a new, uncrewed vessel and get it into a Geostationary orbit with line of site to a specific equatorial location on Earth.  Then once you reach Geostationary orbit, and assuming you have line of site to the target location, a timer is supposed to begin.  When you've maintained the orbit and LOS for 6 hours, the contract completes.  The first parts all work just fine: Launch a new vessel, Uncrewed, and Achieve a Geostationary orbit.  The parts that don't seem to work are the "Location: Geostationary Weather Satellite" (i.e., have line of site to a specific equatorial location on earth) and the timer.

1- It seems that no matter where you have your satellite, it never completes the LOS portion of the contract. 
2- The timer begins basically as soon as you launch regardless of whether you're anywhere near the target location or not.

Any suggestions on getting this contract to work so I can stop hacking my save to complete it would be much appreciated.

hello

i got an error from CC and was told to close KSP and not to save
i think i ignored it

that was at list 4 days ago (im still looking for a save from before the error)
now i see i cant get new contracts
is ther a way to fix this (save file edit?)
i do hope i dont have to go back to an old save, ill probably lose a week of work

Just now, danielboro said:

hello

i got an error from CC and was told to close KSP and not to save
i think i ignored it

that was at list 4 days ago (im still looking for a save from before the error)
now i see i cant get new contracts
is ther a way to fix this (save file edit?)
i do hope i dont have to go back to an old save, ill probably lose a week of work

Upload the save file (persistent.sfs) and I'll have a look what I can do.

1 hour ago, danielboro said:

https://yadi.sk/d/jnFsTm863LhByR

thank you

i sopuse the fix is not easy to explain

Wow. What a massive save file. I looked at it for a while now and I cannot find any obvious broken parts. Obviously, with such a hugely modded file I don't even know what half of the scenarios are really for. I deleted a few pieces related to contracts that could potentially be corrupted and should regenerate as soon as you load the file. Take a look if it fixes your problem. There aren't any syntax errors when I run it through my *.sfs parser at least.

Just one thing I am curious about: Did you somehow cheat in all progression? In the ProgressionTracking scenario, there is an entry for every single objective in the entire OPM solar system that was set to Year 2 Day 148?

Here's the file back: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6KLmRpYz5AldnhCNm96b2FIRlk/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Three_Pounds

26 minutes ago, Three_Pounds said:

Wow. What a massive save file. I looked at it for a while now and I cannot find any obvious broken parts. Obviously, with such a hugely modded file I don't even know what half of the scenarios are really for. I deleted a few pieces related to contracts that could potentially be corrupted and should regenerate as soon as you load the file. Take a look if it fixes your problem. There aren't any syntax errors when I run it through my *.sfs parser at least.

Just one thing I am curious about: Did you somehow cheat in all progression? In the ProgressionTracking scenario, there is an entry for every single objective in the entire OPM solar system that was set to Year 2 Day 148?

Here's the file back: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6KLmRpYz5AldnhCNm96b2FIRlk/view?usp=sharing

thanks for the help
the game marks the file as corrupted

i guess ill go back to the last good one (27/07 21:02 is the last  good and 27/07 23:40 is the first bad)
i used chits wen my ships orbit was sliding (KSP bug) infinite fuel and jump to orbit
i had to edit the file wen i went from 1.1 to 1.2
in Y2 D148 i was in 1.2 went to 1.3 at day 280

wat is ProgressionTracking?

On 13/07/2017 at 7:45 AM, damowang2 said:

Question: Did the way spawning vessel changed after update to 1.3? When the mission spawn a vessel, it is not simulated until I get close to a range about 300m. I may take some time to investigate it today.

Something changed in stock KSP - I've been trying to work through some issues and am going to get a new build out to see if that resolves some of this stuff.

@SchrottBot - I haven't been able to reproduce that particular issue.  I'm going to do a release to sort of re-baseline things.

@chrisl - I'll see if I can take a look on GitHub.

@TheRagingIrishman - Yup, no reason you can't change another mod's contracts using Module Manager.

New release, download here.

Contract Configurator 1.23.2

• Clarified wording of ActiveVesselRangeRequirement for RemoteTech (thanks Alshain).
  • Added check for old usage of partModuleType=Power (thanks muppet9876).
  • Prevent Rendezvous parameter from completing when doing an EVA (thanks pap1723).
  • Don't allow main menu to continue while still loading (prevents issues on slower systems).
  • Made RemoteTech distance function (for coverage system) more generous (thanks NathanKell).
  • Fixed issue with Kerbals spawned at KSC starting an extra ~60 meters in the air (thanks Keniamin).
  • Fixed error when cancelling a contract with spawned Kerbals.
  • Fixed exception with FlyBy and ReturnFromFlyBy requirements.
  • Properly fixed Facility requirement in the tracking station (thanks Kerbas_ad_astra).
  • Fixed NRE from struts breaking (thanks Alshain).
  • Fixed multiple exceptions when using Sigma Binary (thanks Rodger).

Exception occured while loading contract 'AnomalySurveyor.AS_Mun_Monolith.1':
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at FinePrint.Waypoint.SetupMapNode () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at FinePrint.WaypointManager.AddWaypoint (FinePrint.Waypoint waypoint) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ContractConfigurator.Behaviour.WaypointGenerator.AddWayPoint (ContractConfigurator.Behaviour.WaypointData wpData) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ContractConfigurator.Behaviour.WaypointGenerator.OnLoad (.ConfigNode configNode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ContractConfigurator.ContractBehaviour.Load (.ConfigNode configNode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

i just got this for the second time

didnt upgrade to the new version yet

edit

installed new version
instant/auto fail on my RT network for urlom

Edited by danielboro