[1.10.1+] Contract Configurator [v1.30.5] [2020-10-05]

nightingale

I have a question about how  PartValidation FILTERs works.  I am able to use them for some criteria but not others.  Working example vs non-working examples:

//This one works fine
PARAMETER
{
	name = PartValidation
	type = PartValidation
	FILTER
	{
		MODULE
		{
			name = ModuleScienceExperiment
			experimentID = mobileMaterialsLab
		}
	}
}

//This one matches mobileMaterialsLab doesn't match for totalScienceLevel even though it's defined for the part being checked
PARAMETER
{
	name = PartValidation
	type = PartValidation
	FILTER
	{
		MODULE
		{
			//gets defined for different parts with mobileMaterialsLab
			totalScienceLevel = 1.0
		}
	}
}

I'm able to work around the problem, but I haven't been able to figure out why some criteria work and some don't.  Logs don't seem to offer any insight.

Does anyone know what's going on with this?

49 minutes ago, Pehvbot said:

Logs don't seem to offer any insight.

You can check the state of contract parameters by checking in in the Contract portion of your game's persistent.sfs file. It sometimes offers more insight into what is going on than the contract configurator debug logs. 

The entirety of a contract's current state is contained there.

3 hours ago, Caerfinon said:

You can check the state of contract parameters by checking in in the Contract portion of your game's persistent.sfs file. It sometimes offers more insight into what is going on than the contract configurator debug logs. 

The entirety of a contract's current state is contained there.

Good tip, but nothing there either.  The parameter is listed and looks good and everything works as expected, except it doesn't pass that specific check.  As far as I can tell CC is either not checking at all (and auto failing) or it isn't seeing the two values as being equal for some reason.  

Edited by Pehvbot

14 hours ago, Pehvbot said:

I have a question about how  PartValidation FILTERs works.  I am able to use them for some criteria but not others.  Working example vs non-working examples:

//This one works fine
PARAMETER
{
	name = PartValidation
	type = PartValidation
	FILTER
	{
		MODULE
		{
		}
	}
}

//This one matches mobileMaterialsLab doesn't match for totalScienceLevel even though it's defined for the part being checked
PARAMETER
{
	name = PartValidation
	type = PartValidation
	FILTER
	{
		MODULE
		{
			//gets defined for different parts with mobileMaterialsLab
			totalScienceLevel = 1.0
		}
	}
}

I'm able to work around the problem, but I haven't been able to figure out why some criteria work and some don't.  Logs don't seem to offer any insight.

Does anyone know what's going on with this?

I have a guess to this, after trying out some different type of parameters some time ago.

My suspicion is that CC isn't accounting correctly for any 'amount' value associated with parts, if that makes any sense.

What I tried to do myself is to apply the ResourceConsumption parameter to keep track of energy generation for example and require a certain amount for the objective to be completed. But CC simply never read the values out correctly, instantly completing the objective even when the value input was negative. 

• 2 weeks later...

There's something weird going on with random parameters... I have a "launch satellite" contract of which there can be a few simultaneous instances. The contract type has a random resource requirement parameter that seems to work fine when the contracts are generated, but after a while they all end up requiring the exact same resource amount :/

EDIT: I was snooping through the persistent.sfs file and came across one of these glitched contracts; the parameter node delegate kept the random resource quantity the contract was generated with (710 units of ComSatPayload):

PARAM
{
  name = HasResource
  id = HasComSatPayload
  state = Incomplete
  disableOnStateChange = False
  values = 0,0,0,0,0
  ContractIdentifier = AdvSatellites.RepeatComSats
  title = 
  notes = 
  completedMessage = 
  hideChildren = True
  allowStateReset = True
  capacity = False
  RESOURCE
  {
    resource = ComSatPayload
    minQuantity = 1040
  }
  PARAM
  {
    name = ParameterDelegate`1
    state = Incomplete
    disableOnStateChange = False
    values = 0,0,0,0,0
    title = Resource: ComSatPayload: At least 710 units
    notes = 
    completedMessage = 
  }
}

Why did the minQuantity field change to something else? One of the contract instances was firstly generated with a 1040 unit requirement, so did CC assign that value to the rest of them? For reference, here's the actual contract definition:

Spoiler
CONTRACT_TYPE
{
	name = RepeatComSats
	title = Commercial Communications Satellite
	group = AdvSatellites
	agent = Satellites

description = We have a customer requesting a new Communications Satellite. Design a satellite within their specs and launch into an orbit with the proper orbital parameters as outlined in the contract.&br;&br;This contract can be completed as many times as you would like. The orbits will be chosen randomly from Tundra, Geostationary, Molniya and Geosynchronous orbits.&br;&br;<b><color=red>NOTE: The satellite will be destroyed upon completion of the contract. This simulates transfer of the payload back to the customer.</color></b>&br;&br;<b>Number of Contracts Completed: $RepeatComSats_Count</b>
	genericDescription = Put a satellite into the requested orbit.

synopsis = Launch a new Commercial Communications Satellite

completedMessage = Congratulations! The customer has reported the satellite is in the proper orbit.

sortKey = 900

cancellable = true
	declinable = true
	autoAccept = false
	minExpiry = 5
	maxExpiry = 10
	maxCompletions = 0
	maxSimultaneous = 5
	deadline = 1095  // 3 years

targetBody = HomeWorld()

prestige = Trivial       // 1.0x
	advanceFunds =  (12000 + (@AdvComSat/HasComSatPayload/minQuantity *2)) * (1 + @AdvComSat/ReachSpecificOrbit/index * 0.4) * 3.6
	rewardScience = 0
	rewardReputation = Round((@advanceFunds / 1000),1)
	rewardFunds = (@advanceFunds * 1.5)
	failureReputation = @rewardReputation * 1.5
	failureFunds = @advanceFunds

// ************ REQUIREMENTS ************

REQUIREMENT
	{
		name = CompleteContract
		type = CompleteContract
		contractType = FirstMolniyaSat
		title = Complete @contractType Contract
	}
	REQUIREMENT
	{
		name = CompleteContract
		type = CompleteContract
		contractType = FirstTundraSat
	}
	REQUIREMENT
	{
		name = CompleteContract
		type = CompleteContract
		contractType = first_GEOUncrewed
	}
	REQUIREMENT
	{
		name = CompleteContract
		type = CompleteContract
		contractType = EarlyComSat
		minCount = 3
		title = Complete @contractType Contract at least 3 times
	}

BEHAVIOUR
	{
		name = OrbitGenerator
		type = OrbitGenerator

RANDOM_ORBIT
		{
			type = KOLNIYA  // index = 0
		}

RANDOM_ORBIT
		{
			type = STATIONARY  // index = 1
		}

RANDOM_ORBIT
		{
			type = TUNDRA  // index = 2
		}
	}

BEHAVIOUR
	{
		name = IncrementTheCount
		type = Expression

CONTRACT_COMPLETED_SUCCESS
        {
            RepeatComSats_Count = $RepeatComSats_Count + 1
        }
	}

// ************ PARAMETERS ************

PARAMETER
	{
		name = AdvComSat
		type = VesselParameterGroup
		define = AdvComSatellite
		dissassociateVesselsOnContractCompletion = true
		title = Commercial Communications Satellite

PARAMETER
		{
			name = NewVessel
			type = NewVessel
			title = Launch a New Vessel
			hideChildren = true
		}
		PARAMETER
		{
			name = Crewmembers
			type = HasCrew
			minCrew = 0
			maxCrew = 0
			title = Uncrewed
			hideChildren = true
		}
		PARAMETER
		{
			name = HasComSatPayload
			type = HasResource
			resource = ComSatPayload
			minQuantity = Round(UnlockedTech().Count() * 25 * Random(0.5,1.2),10) // for 20 nodes, 200 ~ 480

//Round((Pow(Random(0.5,1.5) * (0.3 + UnlockedTech().Count() / 100),2)*2500)/2,100) // for 10 nodes, 78~703 kg
			//title = Have a ComSatPayload of at least @minQuantity units on the craft
		}
		PARAMETER
		{
			name = ReachSpecificOrbit
			type = ReachSpecificOrbit
			displayNotes = true
			index = int(Min(2, Random(0, 3)))
			deviationWindow = 4

PARAMETER
			{
				name = Duration
				type = Duration

duration = 2m

preWaitText = Check for Stable Orbit
				waitingText = Checking for Stable Orbit
				completionText = Stable Orbit: Confirmed
			}
		}
	}
  BEHAVIOUR
  {
    name = TransferVessel
    type = DestroyVessel
    onState = CONTRACT_SUCCESS
    vessel = AdvComSatellite
  }
  BEHAVIOUR
  {
	name = VesselDestroyed
	type = DialogBox
	DIALOG_BOX
	{
	  title = Vessel Ownership Transferred
	  condition = CONTRACT_SUCCESS
	  position = CENTER
	  width = 0.5
	  TEXT
	  {
		text = The contract has been completed successfully and the satellite has been transferred back to the customer.
	  }
	}
  }
}

Edited by Tonas1997

• 1 month later...

Can anyone shed light on how to configure CC for additional Kopernicus planet packs? @nightingale hasn't logged in for 2 months so if anyone else can help it's appreciated.

I'm new to CC and learning by reading the wiki and parts of the code. It appears that CC doesn't automatically detect whether a biome has land or water, and therefore incorrectly generates contracts that requires landed rather than splashed in biomes that are mostly or all water (JNSQ Kerbin has several such biomes). This CC behavior isn't a bug and I think I just need to provide CC with more info so it knows about land and water.

CC's BiomeData.cfg and BiomeDataDefault.cfg might be a good place to focus. They list stock land and water ratios. I need to modify them or create a new one for JNSQ.

1. Am I on the right track, or is there a better way to get planet packs like JNSQ to work better with CC?
  2. Is there any documentation for those files? I couldn't find it in the wiki.
  3. Do I have to manually create a file for a planet pack, or does CC have a way to scan the planet pack and autogenerate a new file?
  4. That file has landCount and waterCount variables for each biome, that are later used to detect whether a biome is land or water. What units are used?
  5. That file sets multiple LAND_LOCATION and WATER_LOCATION coordinates for each biome. What do they do, and are they optional?

P.S. I don't think it's a CC or JNSQ installation issue, as the contract pack's author is getting the same landed/splashed issue.

Edited by DeadJohn

2 hours ago, DeadJohn said:

Can anyone shed light on how to configure CC for additional Kopernicus planet packs? @nightingale hasn't logged in for 2 months so if anyone else can help it's appreciated.

I'm new to CC and learning by reading the wiki and parts of the code. It appears that CC doesn't automatically detect whether a biome has land or water, and therefore incorrectly generates contracts that requires landed rather than splashed in biomes that are mostly or all water (JNSQ Kerbin has several such biomes). This CC behavior isn't a bug and I think I just need to provide CC with more info so it knows about land and water.

CC's BiomeData.cfg and BiomeDataDefault.cfg might be a good place to focus. They list stock land and water ratios. I need to modify them or create a new one for JNSQ.

1. Am I on the right track, or is there a better way to get planet packs like JNSQ to work better with CC?
  2. Is there any documentation for those files? I couldn't find it in the wiki.
  3. Do I have to manually create a file for a planet pack, or does CC have a way to scan the planet pack and autogenerate a new file?
  4. That file has landCount and waterCount variables for each biome, that are later used to detect whether a biome is land or water. What units are used?
  5. That file sets multiple LAND_LOCATION and WATER_LOCATION coordinates for each biome. What do they do, and are they optional?

P.S. I don't think it's a CC or JNSQ installation issue, as the contract pack's author is getting the same landed/splashed issue.

A quick look at both BiomeData.cfg and BiomeDataDefault.cfg in several of my modded installs, shows that the default one is pre-determined for stock KSP, but that the non-default cfg is getting generated by CC itself. Crucially however, it always maintains the default values and only adds others to it that it can find. I suspect this is where JNSQ in particular will go wrong, since of course most of its bodies have the same names as the stock KSP ones. CC is not adding new values to its BiomeData for these bodies. 

I also checked this with Beyond Home and see the same happening there. Important here is that for ANY planet pack that replaces the home planet, its internal name is still Kerbin. This means that any home planet definitions would never get written in the data. 

Additional complication in all this is that the accuracy of this data also of course depends on the accuracy of biome placement by the planet author. We all know those situations where it says splashed down when you're clearly on solid land and vice-versa; this is defined on the planet level, CC only reads it. 

So if I'm reading all this right, the question becomes how can we prevent CC from using the default values outside of the stock system?

Update: I just checked what happens when you delete the BiomeData.cfg and load up the game. It generates a new one after entering a career game mode (not after loading into menu!). Most importantly however is, the default values are copied over into this new file as well, so it never checks for them being appropriate to the system in use. Given CC is capable of auto generating these values for any body it doesn't know, this seems to me like a strange behaviour. Can we trick CC into overwriting these defaults or does it require modifying the CC code and thereby effectively a new version?

Edited by Morphisor

Form the RAD thread...

12 hours ago, Morphisor said:

I pinged you to see if you can tell us anything how this is dealt with on the planet pack side.

For all the planet packs that I have been involved in, it hasn't been dealt with at all.  I've never had the need or desire to use contract packs, so I've never paid any attention to them.  I've just assumed that the programming necessary to distinguish land from water was included on the contract side of things.  If it becomes necessary to add a config to the planet packs to remedy this situation, that shouldn't be a problem.  I don't want to be the one to figure it out, however.

Edited by OhioBob

13 hours ago, Morphisor said:

A quick look at both BiomeData.cfg and BiomeDataDefault.cfg in several of my modded installs ... [snipped for brevity]

I think I found a fix. Delete both files.

If BiomeDataDefault.cfg exists, CC creates an incorrect BiomeData.cfg for JNSQ's bodies that have water, and surface contracts default to "landed" never "splashed". If both files are gone, CC creates a better BiomeData.cfg with info for Kerbin, Eve, Laythe, and Huygen.

This seems to work even for contract saves that are already underway. Existing contracts will remain wrong, but if I decline some and fast forward I can get contracts that appropriately require splashing down in water.

@nightingale Why does BiomeDataDefault.cfg exist? Is it perhaps a holdover from early versions of CC that didn't autodetect biomes?

12 hours ago, OhioBob said:

Form the RAD thread...

For all the planet packs that I have been involved in, it hasn't been dealt with at all.  I've never had the need or desire to use contract packs, so I've never paid any attention to them.  I've just assumed that the programming necessary to distinguish land from water was included on the contract side of things.  If it becomes necessary to add a config to the planet packs to remedy this situation, that shouldn't be a problem.  I don't want to be the one to figure it out, however.

Thanks, that helps narrow it down to CC itself. It seems you're right it's not needed on the planet side.

8 hours ago, DeadJohn said:

I think I found a fix. Delete both files.

If BiomeDataDefault.cfg exists, CC creates an incorrect BiomeData.cfg for JNSQ's bodies that have water, and surface contracts default to "landed" never "splashed". If both files are gone, CC creates a better BiomeData.cfg with info for Kerbin, Eve, Laythe, and Huygen.

This seems to work even for contract saves that are already underway. Existing contracts will remain wrong, but if I decline some and fast forward I can get contracts that appropriately require splashing down in water.

@nightingale Why does BiomeDataDefault.cfg exist? Is it perhaps a holdover from early versions of CC that didn't autodetect biomes?

Now I should've thought of that sooner! If it's that simple that's great news! I'll check to verify and add that instruction to the install instructions for RAD. 

Edit: confirmed!

Edited by Morphisor

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, looking for some help.

I created my own contract pack & contract group to do space station missions such as crew rotation, re-supply or evacuation. I know a mod for this already exists but i wanted to make my own.

However, only one contract is ever offered from the multiple contract types available, despite all contracts having their pre-requisites met. Can you have multiple contracts all targeting the same vessel?

Thanks for any help. If it would help for me to post the contracts, let me know and i will do so later - Im not home currently.

1 hour ago, Qwarkk said:

Hi all, looking for some help.

I created my own contract pack & contract group to do space station missions such as crew rotation, re-supply or evacuation. I know a mod for this already exists but i wanted to make my own.

However, only one contract is ever offered from the multiple contract types available, despite all contracts having their pre-requisites met. Can you have multiple contracts all targeting the same vessel?

Thanks for any help. If it would help for me to post the contracts, let me know and i will do so later - Im not home currently.

It would definitely help if you could link them, including the contract group definitions.

It's possible to have multiple contracts reference the same target, but there are ways to block that from happening with data node checks for example.

9 hours ago, Morphisor said:

It would definitely help if you could link them, including the contract group definitions.

It's possible to have multiple contracts reference the same target, but there are ways to block that from happening with data node checks for example.

Contract Group:

Spoiler

CONTRACT_GROUP
{
    name = B612_Sta
    displayName = B612 Conglomerate (Station)
    minVersion = 1.21.0
    maxCompletions = 0
    maxSimultaneous = 6

agent = B612 Conglomerate
}

Contract

Spoiler

CONTRACT_TYPE
{
    name = SendCrew
    title = Crew @targetVessel Mission
    genericTitle = Crew Space Station Mission
    group = B612_Sta
    description = There are spare crew quarters on @targetVessel, and the life support systems are not at capacity. Send @/kerbalsSending new kerbals to crew @/targetVessel within 200 days
    genericDescription = There are spare crew quarters on the space station, and the life support systems are not at capacity. Send new kerbals to crew the space station within 200 days
    synopsis = Send @/kerbalsSending new crew members to @/targetVessel
    completedMessage = Mission Complete

minExpiry = 71.0
    maxExpiry = 142.0
    deadline = 200

cancellable = true
    declinable = true
    autoAccept = false
    maxSimultaneous = 1

targetBody = @/targetBody1

rewardScience = 0
    rewardFunds = 120000000 + ((@/kerbalsSending - 2) * 20000000)        // 75,000,000 per first 2 kerbals. 25,000,000 per additional kerbal
    advanceFunds = @rewardFunds / 10
    rewardReputation = @rewardFunds / 24000000
    failureReputation = @rewardReputation / 4

//prestige = Significant

DATA
    {
        type = Vessel
        uniquenessCheck = GROUP_ACTIVE
        requiredValue = true
        targetVessel = AllVessels().Where(v => v.VesselType() == Station && (v.CrewCapacity() - v.CrewCount())>1).Random()
        title = Must have a station with empty crew capacity
    }

DATA
    {
        type = CelestialBody
        requiredValue = true
        targetBody1 = @/targetVessel.CelestialBody()
        hidden = true
    }

DATA
    {
        type = double
        currentCrew = @/targetVessel.CrewCount()
        emptyCapacity = @/targetVessel.CrewCapacity() - @currentCrew
        kerbalsSending = @emptyCapacity >= 4 ? Round(Random(1.51,4.49)) : @emptyCapacity == 3 ? 3 : 2
    }

PARAMETER
    {
        name = VesselGroup

define = Crew_Send
        dissassociateVesselsOnContractFailure = true

//Craft Requirements
        PARAMETER
        {
            name = PreLaunch
            type = All
            title = Pre-Launch Configuration

PARAMETER
            {
                name = NewVessel
                type = NewVessel
            }

PARAMETER
            {
                name = DockingPort
                type = Any
                title = Have a docking port

PARAMETER
                {
                    name = PartValidation0
                    type = PartValidation
                    partModule  = ModuleDockingNode
                }    

PARAMETER
                {
                    name = PartValidation1
                    type = PartValidation
                    partModuleType = Dock
                }
            }

PARAMETER
            {
                name = HasCrew0
                type = HasCrew
                minCrew = @/kerbalsSending
            }    

PARAMETER:NEEDS[TACLifeSupport]
            {
                name = Food
                type = HasResource

resource = Food
                minQuantity = @/kerbalsSending * 151200 * 0.000016927083333
                disableOnStateChange = true
            }

{
                name = Water
                type = HasResource

resource = Water
                minQuantity = @/kerbalsSending * 151200 * 0.000011188078704
            }

{
                name = Oxygen
                type = HasResource

resource = Oxygen
                minQuantity = @/kerbalsSending * 151200 * 0.001713537562385
            }
        }

//Objectives
        PARAMETER
        {
            name = Objectives
            type = All
            title = Send up a new Crew
            completeInSequence = true

PARAMETER
            {
                name = Docking
                type = Docking
                vessel = @/targetVessel
                title = Dock with @/targetVessel
            }

PARAMETER
            {
                name = HasCrew1
                type = HasCrew
                minCrew = @/currentCrew + @/kerbalsSending
            }
        }
    }
}

Another Contract

Spoiler

CONTRACT_TYPE
{
    name = CRS
    title = Commercial Resupply Mission
    //genericTitle = Life Support Supply Run
    group = B612_Sta
    description = Life support reserves on @/targetVessel are in need of replenishing. Within the next 200 days, resupply @/targetVessel with enough Oxygen, Water and Food for 300 days. A bonus payout is available for any resource resupplied for 600 days.
    genericDescription = Life support reserves on the Space Station are in need to replenishing. Resupply the Space Station with Oxygen, Water and Food within the next 200 days.
    synopsis = Deliver life support resources to @/targetVessel

minExpiry = 71.0
    maxExpiry = 142.0
    deadline = 200.0

cancellable = true
    declinable = true
    autoAccept = false
    maxSimultaneous = 1

rewardScience = 0
    rewardFunds = 120000000

//prestige = Significant

DATA
    {
        type = Vessel
        requiredValue = true
        targetVessel = AllVessels().Where(v => v.VesselType() == Station && v.CrewCount()>0).Random()
        title = Must have a station with crew
    }

DATA
    {
        type = double
        Crew = @/targetVessel.CrewCount()
    }

DATA
    {
        type = CelestialBody
        requiredValue = true
        hidden = true
    }

PARAMETER
    {
        name = VesselGroup

define = Life_Support

//Craft Requirements
        PARAMETER
        {
            name = PreLaunch
            type = All

PARAMETER
            {
                name = NewVessel
                type = NewVessel
            }

PARAMETER
            {
                name = DockingPort
                type = Any

PARAMETER
                {
                    name = PartValidation0
                    type = PartValidation
                }    

PARAMETER
                {
                    name = PartValidation1
                    type = PartValidation
                    partModuleType = Dock
                }
            }

{
                name = Food
                type = HasResource

resource = Food
                minQuantity = @/Crew * 6480000 * 0.000016927083333
            }

{
                name = Water
                type = HasResource

resource = Water
                minQuantity = @/Crew * 6480000 * 0.000011188078704
            }

{
                name = Oxygen
                type = HasResource

resource = Oxygen
                minQuantity = @/Crew * 6480000 * 0.001713537562385
            }
        }

PARAMETER
        {
            name = DockwithStation
            type = Docking
            vessel = @/targetVessel
        }
    }
}

Final Contract

Spoiler

CONTRACT_TYPE
{
    name = RotateCrew
    title = Crew Rotation Mission
    group = B612_Sta
    description = There are @/kerbalsReturning Kerbals aboard @/targetVessel who are coming to the end of their mission. Replace them with @/kerbalsReturning new kerbals and bring them home safely within 100 days.
    genericDescription = Kerbals aboard the station are coming to the end of their mission. Replace them with new kerbals and bring them home safely within 100 days.
    synopsis = Rotate the crew of @/targetVessel

minExpiry = 71.0
    maxExpiry = 142.0
    deadline = 100.0

cancellable = true
    declinable = true
    autoAccept = false
    maxSimultaneous = 1

rewardScience = 0
    rewardFunds = 120000000 + ((@/kerbalsReturning - 2) * 20000000)        // 75,000,000 per first 2 kerbals. 25,000,000 per additional kerbal

//prestige = Significant

DATA
    {
        type = Vessel
        requiredValue = true
        targetVessel = AllVessels().Where(v => v.VesselType() == Station && v.CrewCount()>1).Random()
        //targetVCap = @targetVessel.CrewCount() + @/targetKerbals.Count()
        title = Must have a station with at least 2 crew members on board
    }

DATA
    {
        type = CelestialBody
        requiredValue = true
        hidden = true
    }

DATA
    {
        type = List<Kerbal>

// Get me some Kerbals to send home!
        targetKerbals = @targetVessel.Crew().Random(2,4)
        hidden = true
    }

DATA
    {
        type = double
        kerbalsReturning = @/targetKerbals.Count()
        targetVCap = @/targetVessel.CrewCount() + @kerbalsReturning
    }

//DATA
    //{
    //    type = string
    //    craft1 = CCP
    //    //craft2 = CCPR
    //}

PARAMETER
    {
        name = VesselGroup

define = Crew_Rotation

//Craft Requirements
        PARAMETER
        {
            name = PreLaunch
            type = All

PARAMETER
            {
                name = NewVessel
                type = NewVessel
            }

PARAMETER
            {
                name = DockingPort
                type = Any

PARAMETER
                {
                    name = PartValidation0
                    type = PartValidation
                }    

PARAMETER
                {
                    name = PartValidation1
                    type = PartValidation
                    partModuleType = Dock
                }
            }

PARAMETER
            {
                name = HasCrew
                type = HasCrew
                minCrew = @/kerbalsReturning
            }    

{
                name = Food
                type = HasResource

resource = Food
                minQuantity = @/kerbalsReturning * 151200 * 0.000016927083333        //Kerbals * 1 week * consumption per second
            }

{
                name = Water
                type = HasResource

resource = Water
                minQuantity = @/kerbalsReturning * 151200 * 0.000011188078704
            }

{
                name = Oxygen
                type = HasResource

resource = Oxygen
                minQuantity = @/kerbalsReturning * 151200 * 0.001713537562385
            }
        }

//Objectives
        PARAMETER
        {
            name = Objectives1
            type = All

PARAMETER
            {
                name = Docking
                type = Docking
                vessel = @/targetVessel
            }
            PARAMETER
            {
                name = HasCrew
                type = HasCrew
                minCrew = @/targetVCap
            }
        }

//Objectives
        PARAMETER
        {
            name = Objectives2
            type = All
            title = Return home

PARAMETER
            {
                name = ReturnHome
                type = ReturnHome
                title = Rotate the crew and return home
            }

PARAMETER
            {
                name = RecoverKerbal
                type = RecoverKerbal
                kerbal = @/targetKerbals
            }
        }
    }
}

7 hours ago, Qwarkk said:

Contract Group:

Hide contents

CONTRACT_GROUP
{
    name = B612_Sta
    displayName = B612 Conglomerate (Station)
    minVersion = 1.21.0
    maxCompletions = 0
    maxSimultaneous = 6

agent = B612 Conglomerate
}

Contract

Hide contents

CONTRACT_TYPE
{
    name = SendCrew
    title = Crew @targetVessel Mission
    genericTitle = Crew Space Station Mission
    group = B612_Sta
    description = There are spare crew quarters on @targetVessel, and the life support systems are not at capacity. Send @/kerbalsSending new kerbals to crew @/targetVessel within 200 days
    genericDescription = There are spare crew quarters on the space station, and the life support systems are not at capacity. Send new kerbals to crew the space station within 200 days
    synopsis = Send @/kerbalsSending new crew members to @/targetVessel

minExpiry = 71.0
    maxExpiry = 142.0
    deadline = 200

cancellable = true
    declinable = true
    autoAccept = false
    maxSimultaneous = 1

rewardScience = 0
    rewardFunds = 120000000 + ((@/kerbalsSending - 2) * 20000000)        // 75,000,000 per first 2 kerbals. 25,000,000 per additional kerbal

//prestige = Significant

DATA
    {
        type = Vessel
        requiredValue = true
        targetVessel = AllVessels().Where(v => v.VesselType() == Station && (v.CrewCapacity() - v.CrewCount())>1).Random()
        title = Must have a station with empty crew capacity
    }

DATA
    {
        type = CelestialBody
        requiredValue = true
        hidden = true
    }

DATA
    {
        type = double
        currentCrew = @/targetVessel.CrewCount()
        emptyCapacity = @/targetVessel.CrewCapacity() - @currentCrew
        kerbalsSending = @emptyCapacity >= 4 ? Round(Random(1.51,4.49)) : @emptyCapacity == 3 ? 3 : 2
    }

PARAMETER
    {
        name = VesselGroup

define = Crew_Send

//Craft Requirements
        PARAMETER
        {
            name = PreLaunch
            type = All

PARAMETER
            {
                name = NewVessel
                type = NewVessel
            }

PARAMETER
            {
                name = DockingPort
                type = Any

PARAMETER
                {
                    name = PartValidation0
                    type = PartValidation
                }    

PARAMETER
                {
                    name = PartValidation1
                    type = PartValidation
                    partModuleType = Dock
                }
            }

PARAMETER
            {
                name = HasCrew0
                type = HasCrew
                minCrew = @/kerbalsSending
            }    

{
                name = Food
                type = HasResource

resource = Food
                minQuantity = @/kerbalsSending * 151200 * 0.000016927083333
            }

{
                name = Water
                type = HasResource

resource = Water
                minQuantity = @/kerbalsSending * 151200 * 0.000011188078704
            }

{
                name = Oxygen
                type = HasResource

resource = Oxygen
                minQuantity = @/kerbalsSending * 151200 * 0.001713537562385
            }
        }

//Objectives
        PARAMETER
        {
            name = Objectives
            type = All

PARAMETER
            {
                name = Docking
                type = Docking
                vessel = @/targetVessel
            }

PARAMETER
            {
                name = HasCrew1
                type = HasCrew
                minCrew = @/currentCrew + @/kerbalsSending
            }
        }
    }
}

Another Contract

Reveal hidden contents

CONTRACT_TYPE
{
    name = CRS
    title = Commercial Resupply Mission
    //genericTitle = Life Support Supply Run
    group = B612_Sta
    description = Life support reserves on @/targetVessel are in need of replenishing. Within the next 200 days, resupply @/targetVessel with enough Oxygen, Water and Food for 300 days. A bonus payout is available for any resource resupplied for 600 days.
    genericDescription = Life support reserves on the Space Station are in need to replenishing. Resupply the Space Station with Oxygen, Water and Food within the next 200 days.
    synopsis = Deliver life support resources to @/targetVessel

minExpiry = 71.0
    maxExpiry = 142.0
    deadline = 200.0

cancellable = true
    declinable = true
    autoAccept = false
    maxSimultaneous = 1

rewardScience = 0
    rewardFunds = 120000000

//prestige = Significant

DATA
    {
        type = Vessel
        requiredValue = true
        targetVessel = AllVessels().Where(v => v.VesselType() == Station && v.CrewCount()>0).Random()
        title = Must have a station with crew
    }

DATA
    {
        type = double
        Crew = @/targetVessel.CrewCount()
    }

DATA
    {
        type = CelestialBody
        requiredValue = true
        hidden = true
    }

PARAMETER
    {
        name = VesselGroup

define = Life_Support

//Craft Requirements
        PARAMETER
        {
            name = PreLaunch
            type = All

PARAMETER
            {
                name = NewVessel
                type = NewVessel
            }

PARAMETER
            {
                name = DockingPort
                type = Any

PARAMETER
                {
                    name = PartValidation0
                    type = PartValidation
                }    

PARAMETER
                {
                    name = PartValidation1
                    type = PartValidation
                    partModuleType = Dock
                }
            }

{
                name = Food
                type = HasResource

resource = Food
                minQuantity = @/Crew * 6480000 * 0.000016927083333
            }

{
                name = Water
                type = HasResource

resource = Water
                minQuantity = @/Crew * 6480000 * 0.000011188078704
            }

{
                name = Oxygen
                type = HasResource

resource = Oxygen
                minQuantity = @/Crew * 6480000 * 0.001713537562385
            }
        }

PARAMETER
        {
            name = DockwithStation
            type = Docking
            vessel = @/targetVessel
        }
    }
}

Final Contract

Reveal hidden contents

CONTRACT_TYPE
{
    name = RotateCrew
    title = Crew Rotation Mission
    group = B612_Sta
    description = There are @/kerbalsReturning Kerbals aboard @/targetVessel who are coming to the end of their mission. Replace them with @/kerbalsReturning new kerbals and bring them home safely within 100 days.
    genericDescription = Kerbals aboard the station are coming to the end of their mission. Replace them with new kerbals and bring them home safely within 100 days.
    synopsis = Rotate the crew of @/targetVessel

minExpiry = 71.0
    maxExpiry = 142.0
    deadline = 100.0

cancellable = true
    declinable = true
    autoAccept = false
    maxSimultaneous = 1

rewardScience = 0
    rewardFunds = 120000000 + ((@/kerbalsReturning - 2) * 20000000)        // 75,000,000 per first 2 kerbals. 25,000,000 per additional kerbal

//prestige = Significant

DATA
    {
        type = Vessel
        requiredValue = true
        targetVessel = AllVessels().Where(v => v.VesselType() == Station && v.CrewCount()>1).Random()
        //targetVCap = @targetVessel.CrewCount() + @/targetKerbals.Count()
        title = Must have a station with at least 2 crew members on board
    }

DATA
    {
        type = CelestialBody
        requiredValue = true
        hidden = true
    }

DATA
    {
        type = List<Kerbal>

// Get me some Kerbals to send home!
        targetKerbals = @targetVessel.Crew().Random(2,4)
        hidden = true
    }

DATA
    {
        type = double
        kerbalsReturning = @/targetKerbals.Count()
        targetVCap = @/targetVessel.CrewCount() + @kerbalsReturning
    }

//DATA
    //{
    //    type = string
    //    craft1 = CCP
    //    //craft2 = CCPR
    //}

PARAMETER
    {
        name = VesselGroup

define = Crew_Rotation

//Craft Requirements
        PARAMETER
        {
            name = PreLaunch
            type = All

PARAMETER
            {
                name = NewVessel
                type = NewVessel
            }

PARAMETER
            {
                name = DockingPort
                type = Any

PARAMETER
                {
                    name = PartValidation0
                    type = PartValidation
                }    

PARAMETER
                {
                    name = PartValidation1
                    type = PartValidation
                    partModuleType = Dock
                }
            }

PARAMETER
            {
                name = HasCrew
                type = HasCrew
                minCrew = @/kerbalsReturning
            }    

{
                name = Food
                type = HasResource

resource = Food
                minQuantity = @/kerbalsReturning * 151200 * 0.000016927083333        //Kerbals * 1 week * consumption per second
            }

{
                name = Water
                type = HasResource

resource = Water
                minQuantity = @/kerbalsReturning * 151200 * 0.000011188078704
            }

{
                name = Oxygen
                type = HasResource

resource = Oxygen
                minQuantity = @/kerbalsReturning * 151200 * 0.001713537562385
            }
        }

//Objectives
        PARAMETER
        {
            name = Objectives1
            type = All

PARAMETER
            {
                name = Docking
                type = Docking
                vessel = @/targetVessel
            }
            PARAMETER
            {
                name = HasCrew
                type = HasCrew
                minCrew = @/targetVCap
            }
        }

//Objectives
        PARAMETER
        {
            name = Objectives2
            type = All
            title = Return home

PARAMETER
            {
                name = ReturnHome
                type = ReturnHome
                title = Rotate the crew and return home
            }

PARAMETER
            {
                name = RecoverKerbal
                type = RecoverKerbal
                kerbal = @/targetKerbals
            }
        }
    }
}

Your DATA node selecting the target vessel has uniquenessCheck = GROUP_ACTIVE. That means it will not generate if any contract within the whole group is already targeting that vessel. If you want multiple different contracts to be available for a single vessel at the same, you should change that to CONTRACT_ACTIVE.

1 hour ago, Morphisor said:

Your DATA node selecting the target vessel has uniquenessCheck = GROUP_ACTIVE. That means it will not generate if any contract within the whole group is already targeting that vessel. If you want multiple different contracts to be available for a single vessel at the same, you should change that to CONTRACT_ACTIVE.

Thank you! This has been bugging me for ages, appreciate the help!

Clicking "Reload Contracts" in the debug menu reloads... all the models from all mods.

But wait, there's more! It doesn't reload the contracts! I waited until it reloaded all the models and the contracts didn't reappear in the debug menu. Then I went to main menu and got this:

Spoiler

xbxOncF.jpeg

Edited by Krzeszny

12 hours ago, Krzeszny said:

Clicking "Reload Contracts" in the debug menu reloads... all the models from all mods.

But wait, there's more! It doesn't reload the contracts! I waited until it reloaded all the models and the contracts didn't reappear in the debug menu. Then I went to main menu and got this:

Reveal hidden contents

xbxOncF.jpeg

It's been a known bug for years. Don't use it. At all. Ever.

On 1/27/2022 at 12:55 PM, Morphisor said:

It's been a known bug for years. Don't use it. At all. Ever.

1. There's no warning not to press the button.

2. The button is there.

You'd assume that a bug as easy to fix as by removing a button would have been already fixed but... CC has dozens of unsolved issues on GitHub.

Edited by Krzeszny

Question regarding the HasCrew Parameter, and overall how CC tracks and updates parameters:

I've been experimenting with the parameter in a contract, specifically in a VesselParameterGroup. Currently having trouble within 2 VPGs. See below:

VPG #1, which defines the vessel "spaceStation": 

Spoiler

PARAMETER
    {
        name = vesselGroupLaunch
        title = Put your first Space Station in Orbit
        notes = The station must include at least 1 Docking Port and support for at least 3 Crew
        define = spaceStation
        defineList = spaceStationsEarth

PARAMETER
        {
            name = NewVessel
            type = NewVessel
            title = Launch a New Station
            hideChildren = true
        }
        PARAMETER
        {
            name = Crewmembers
            type = HasCrew
            minCrew = 0
            maxCrew = 0
            title = Uncrewed
            hideChildren = true
        }
        PARAMETER
        {
            name = HasCapacity
            type = HasCrewCapacity
            minCapacity = 3
            title = Space for at least 3 crew
            hideChildren = true
        }
        PARAMETER
        {
            name = DockingPort
            type = PartValidation
            partModule = ModuleDockingNode
            minCount = 1
            title = Have at least 1 Docking Ports
            hideChildren = true
        }
        PARAMETER
        {
            name = Orbit
            type = Orbit
            minPeA = 250000
            maxApA = 2000000
            targetBody = HomeWorld()
            title = Reach Orbit with a Perigee greater than 250 km and an Apogee less than 2,000 km
            hideChildren = true
        }
    }

VPG #2, which comes after VPG #1, and uses "spaceStation":

Spoiler

PARAMETER
    {
        name = stayOnStation
        title = Keep at least 2 crew aboard the station for 30 days.
        vessel = spaceStation

PARAMETER 
        {
            name = CrewmembersDuration
            type = HasCrew
            minCrew = 2
            title = Have at least 2 crewmembers on board
            hideChildren = true
        }
        PARAMETER
        {
            name = OrbitDuration
            type = Orbit
            minPeA = 250000
            maxApA = 2000000
            targetBody = HomeWorld()
            title = Remain in a Stable Orbit
        }    
        PARAMETER
        {
            name = Duration
            type = Duration
            duration =  30d
            startCriteria = PARAMETER_COMPLETION
            parameter = OrbitDuration
            parameter = CrewmembersDuration
            preWaitText = Transfer to the station in the specified orbit.
            waitingText = Orbiting...
            completionText = Stay completed, you may return home now.
        }
    }

When testing, I sent a station up with 0 crew first, and it satisfied the HasCrew parameter in VPG #1. No problems so far.
What I did notice however, was that the uncrewed Station was satisfying the HasCrew parameter in VPG #2, which requires a minimum of 2 Crew members be on board.

This has led me to question how CC saves the properties of vessels for VPG parameters. I'm not sure how a 0 crew vessel is satisfying a 2 crew parameter, which is really bad, because I don't want the Duration parameter in VPG #2 to start until it has crew.

Any ideas?

On 1/28/2022 at 5:36 PM, Teykn said:

Question regarding the HasCrew Parameter, and overall how CC tracks and updates parameters:

I've been experimenting with the parameter in a contract, specifically in a VesselParameterGroup. Currently having trouble within 2 VPGs. See below:

VPG #1, which defines the vessel "spaceStation": 

Reveal hidden contents

PARAMETER
    {
        name = vesselGroupLaunch
        title = Put your first Space Station in Orbit
        notes = The station must include at least 1 Docking Port and support for at least 3 Crew
        define = spaceStation
        defineList = spaceStationsEarth

PARAMETER
        {
            name = NewVessel
            type = NewVessel
            title = Launch a New Station
            hideChildren = true
        }
        PARAMETER
        {
            name = Crewmembers
            type = HasCrew
            minCrew = 0
            maxCrew = 0
            title = Uncrewed
            hideChildren = true
        }
        PARAMETER
        {
            name = HasCapacity
            type = HasCrewCapacity
            minCapacity = 3
            title = Space for at least 3 crew
            hideChildren = true
        }
        PARAMETER
        {
            name = DockingPort
            type = PartValidation
            partModule = ModuleDockingNode
            minCount = 1
            title = Have at least 1 Docking Ports
            hideChildren = true
        }
        PARAMETER
        {
            name = Orbit
            type = Orbit
            minPeA = 250000
            maxApA = 2000000
            targetBody = HomeWorld()
            title = Reach Orbit with a Perigee greater than 250 km and an Apogee less than 2,000 km
            hideChildren = true
        }
    }

VPG #2, which comes after VPG #1, and uses "spaceStation":

Reveal hidden contents

PARAMETER
    {
        name = stayOnStation
        title = Keep at least 2 crew aboard the station for 30 days.
        vessel = spaceStation

PARAMETER 
        {
            name = CrewmembersDuration
            type = HasCrew
            minCrew = 2
            title = Have at least 2 crewmembers on board
            hideChildren = true
        }
        PARAMETER
        {
            name = OrbitDuration
            type = Orbit
            minPeA = 250000
            maxApA = 2000000
            targetBody = HomeWorld()
            title = Remain in a Stable Orbit
        }    
        PARAMETER
        {
            name = Duration
            type = Duration
            duration =  30d
            startCriteria = PARAMETER_COMPLETION
            parameter = OrbitDuration
            parameter = CrewmembersDuration
            preWaitText = Transfer to the station in the specified orbit.
            waitingText = Orbiting...
            completionText = Stay completed, you may return home now.
        }
    }

When testing, I sent a station up with 0 crew first, and it satisfied the HasCrew parameter in VPG #1. No problems so far.
What I did notice however, was that the uncrewed Station was satisfying the HasCrew parameter in VPG #2, which requires a minimum of 2 Crew members be on board.

This has led me to question how CC saves the properties of vessels for VPG parameters. I'm not sure how a 0 crew vessel is satisfying a 2 crew parameter, which is really bad, because I don't want the Duration parameter in VPG #2 to start until it has crew.

Any ideas?

Ok, did some more testing, here's what I found and I am very confused about it.

Launched a new station, blah blah, VPG #1 is satisfied. Under VPG #2, HasCrew is satisfied and so is Orbit, but the Duration did not start. I thought it was a visual bug
I decided to go back to the space center, to the tracking station, and back to the station, to see if anything changed.
HasCrew became unsatisfied, which I thought was good, but the Duration started, when it shouldn't be, since the 2 parameters needed weren't satisfied.

I am now 200% more confused.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, with further testing, it seems the issue is NOT in the HasCrew parameter, but with how CC updates i think. If VPG #1 defines a vessel and there is a VPG #2 that uses the vessel, then whenever VPG #1 completes, which changes the state of the vessel, all of VPG #2’s child parameters are satisfied no matter what.

EDIT: Issue has been fixed. Turns out completeInSequence = true is needed for child parameters as well to ensure they don't break. I'm... not sure why they're needed or how that fixes it but I'm not going to question why. 

Edited by Teykn

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all.

Not sure if @nightingale is still around, but I made a patchset with some Kopernicus quality of life improvements.  Mainly, filtering the optional fake watchdog celestial from contracts, and (in prerelease) trying to not assign inappropriate/unfullfillable ore contracts.

You can grab it here:

https://github.com/R-T-B/ContractConfigurator/releases

Source: https://github.com/R-T-B/ContractConfigurator

License: MIT

• 3 weeks later...

Heyo, is there anyway to create a list from 2+ other lists in CC?

What I'm trying to do is something like:

DATA
    {
        type = List<Vessel>
        requiredValue = true
        validVesselList = $stationList + $highOrbitList
        title = Must have a valid vessel 
    }

where stationList and highOrbitList are both lists of vessels. I doubt this is the correct syntax though, since + is used mostly for numbers afaik. What should I use here?

2 hours ago, Teykn said:

Heyo, is there anyway to create a list from 2+ other lists in CC?

What I'm trying to do is something like:

where stationList and highOrbitList are both lists of vessels. I doubt this is the correct syntax though, since + is used mostly for numbers afaik. What should I use here?

According to the wiki it should probably be validVesselList = $stationList.Concat($highOrbitList)

• 2 weeks later...

Had a crash while recovering Pioneer-1 from the History of Spaceflight Contract Pack. It Told me to post this on here:

Exception occured while saving ScenarioModule 'PersistentDataStore':
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ContractConfigurator.PersistentDataStore.OutputValue (System.Object value, System.Type& type) [0x00000] in <ef0243a06f2841fe9bf57034a334902e>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.PersistentDataStore.StoreToConfigNode (ConfigNode node, System.String key, System.Object value) [0x00002] in <ef0243a06f2841fe9bf57034a334902e>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.PersistentDataStore.OnSave (ConfigNode node) [0x0003f] in <ef0243a06f2841fe9bf57034a334902e>:0 

I am using the latest KSP 1.12.3.something. Just downloaded latest of mods about a month ago when I started playing again.

Happened a second time with same message.

Edited by r3_141592654
Adding Info