[1.10.1+] Contract Configurator [v1.30.5] [2020-10-05]

nightingale

On 2/20/2022 at 6:35 PM, R-T-B said:

Hello all.

Not sure if @nightingale is still around, but I made a patchset with some Kopernicus quality of life improvements.  Mainly, filtering the optional fake watchdog celestial from contracts, and (in prerelease) trying to not assign inappropriate/unfullfillable ore contracts.

You can grab it here:

https://github.com/R-T-B/ContractConfigurator/releases

Source: https://github.com/R-T-B/ContractConfigurator

License: MIT

Not sure if I installed it wrong or something, but I'm getting a ^N appended to body names after installing this

On 4/2/2022 at 12:54 AM, UnanimousCoward said:

Same here.

I just confirmed the same in testing...  that's odd.  I'm unsure what exactly could cause that from my changes.  I take it the old, stock release does not do the same, correct?

@dlrk

Edited by R-T-B

On 4/2/2022 at 6:04 AM, dlrk said:

Not sure if I installed it wrong or something, but I'm getting a ^N appended to body names after installing this

You know, now that you mentioned it, yeah, I keep seeing it too in my game. Wasn't sure when it first popped up and just ignored it in my mind so strongly that I didn't even notice it anymore. xD

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/24/2022 at 10:18 PM, r3_141592654 said:

Had a crash while recovering Pioneer-1 from the History of Spaceflight Contract Pack. It Told me to post this on here:

Exception occured while saving ScenarioModule 'PersistentDataStore':
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ContractConfigurator.PersistentDataStore.OutputValue (System.Object value, System.Type& type) [0x00000] in <ef0243a06f2841fe9bf57034a334902e>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.PersistentDataStore.StoreToConfigNode (ConfigNode node, System.String key, System.Object value) [0x00002] in <ef0243a06f2841fe9bf57034a334902e>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.PersistentDataStore.OnSave (ConfigNode node) [0x0003f] in <ef0243a06f2841fe9bf57034a334902e>:0 

I am using the latest KSP 1.12.3.something. Just downloaded latest of mods about a month ago when I started playing again.

Happened a second time with same message.

Just for your information, I got exactly the same error with the same contract Pioneer-1 of History of Spaceflight Contract Pack.

I loaded back a backup save just before it and I get the error back.
I also tried to modify the persistent file to switch it to Completed, same error. I will try an older save and modify the order of the contracts to switch directly from Pioneer-0 to Pioneer-2.

Edited by ndiver

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2022 at 7:55 AM, El_chilenaso said:

I have a visual glitch in the mision control window, a can bearly see de text and the windows are white

brwhmo5nxzp81.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg

The mod list is in this reddit comment
https://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/tpu0hs/comment/i2d41ly/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Did you get any response about this? I too am having the same issue.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/8/2022 at 12:45 PM, R-T-B said:

I will look into it.  Unsure when exactly but it'll be on my todo list for the near future.

To answer that, it's done.  The body name bug has been fixed.  Please ensure if using Kopernicus, that it is the latest, or the watchdog body filtering in my patchset may not function properly.

This also includes my fixes that detect and filter gas giants from mining contracts.

Edited by R-T-B

2 hours ago, R-T-B said:

To answer that, it's done.  The body name bug has been fixed.  Please ensure if using Kopernicus, that it is the latest, or the watchdog body filtering in my patchset may not function properly.

This also includes my fixes that detect and filter gas giants from mining contracts.

Got an error with this new version and kop 96:

Spoiler

Exception occured while loading contract 'ExplorationPlus.ExplorationPlus-FlyBy':
System.ArgumentException: 'KopernicusWatchdog' is not a valid CelestialBody.
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseCelestialBodyValue (System.String celestialName) [0x00046] in <ef0243a06f2841fe9bf57034a334902e>:0
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseSingleValue[T] (System.String key, System.String stringValue, System.Boolean allowExpression) [0x00179] in <ef0243a06f2841fe9bf57034a334902e>:0
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[T] (ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, System.Boolean allowExpression) [0x002bc] in <ef0243a06f2841fe9bf57034a334902e>:0
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[T] (ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, T defaultValue) [0x00012] in <ef0243a06f2841fe9bf57034a334902e>:0
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract.OnLoad (ConfigNode node) [0x00121] in <ef0243a06f2841fe9bf57034a334902e>:0

I noticed that the error screen title also said it was CC v1.30.5, as does the version file in the 1.31 download. Maybe this error is due to an incorrect version being packaged for release?

15 hours ago, Rodger said:

Got an error with this new version and kop 96:

Reveal hidden contents

Exception occured while loading contract 'ExplorationPlus.ExplorationPlus-FlyBy':
System.ArgumentException: 'KopernicusWatchdog' is not a valid CelestialBody.
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseCelestialBodyValue (System.String celestialName) [0x00046] in <ef0243a06f2841fe9bf57034a334902e>:0
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseSingleValue[T] (System.String key, System.String stringValue, System.Boolean allowExpression) [0x00179] in <ef0243a06f2841fe9bf57034a334902e>:0
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[T] (ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, System.Boolean allowExpression) [0x002bc] in <ef0243a06f2841fe9bf57034a334902e>:0
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[T] (ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, T defaultValue) [0x00012] in <ef0243a06f2841fe9bf57034a334902e>:0
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract.OnLoad (ConfigNode node) [0x00121] in <ef0243a06f2841fe9bf57034a334902e>:0

I noticed that the error screen title also said it was CC v1.30.5, as does the version file in the 1.31 download. Maybe this error is due to an incorrect version being packaged for release?

With Kopernicus-96?  Darn.  I'll have it fixed shortly, feel free to revert in the meantime (My fork of ContractConfigurator, not Kopernicus).

I will rollback that version temporarily, and repost it when I fix that bug.

I never updated the version data because it's really just a patchset, unrelated to the bug.

EDIT: reuploaded, requires Kopernicus-98 but should work now.

Edited by R-T-B

Tried out making some custom contracts with great success, this is a fun mod! I do have one curiosity though. The contracts I made show up as Offered and Active perfectly in the Mission Control Center, but they don't show up as Offered in the Alt F12 Debug menu, although Active ones are shown fine. Any insight on this? Accepting these custom contracts on the fly would be ideal!

Edited by N9 Gaming

43 minutes ago, N9 Gaming said:

Accepting these custom contracts on the fly would be ideal!

Use CapCom for that (yes it works with 1.12.3 and earlier). The CC contracts don't show up in the debug offered section because they are running on a somewhat different system than the stock contracts so the stock system doesn't know about them until after they are accepted.

1 hour ago, Aelfhe1m said:

Use CapCom for that (yes it works with 1.12.3 and earlier). The CC contracts don't show up in the debug offered section because they are running on a somewhat different system than the stock contracts so the stock system doesn't know about them until after they are accepted.

Oh my Kraken that exists?? I had no idea! Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

I've had a probably-more-work-than-it's-worth idea utilizing this mod and CapCom above. Removing all Stock contracts and utilizing this contract system for creating a story. A straight up choices-matter RPG in kerbal space program. Set science to zero gain insitu and give science only via contracts, noteworthy places in the story, maybe "buying" it somehow back on Kerbin. With CapCom having access to contracts on the fly, you could use contracts for difficult decisions, hell you could use them for entire "conversations" that will lead to more objectives and so on down the line.

I've never used the mission editor in the game really, so I'm not sure if it has the same potential for this - but with contract configurator you could have a complicated tree of diverging paths of some story, turning it into a story mode of sorts. It's an idea I may flesh out sometime before KSP 2 is here, but I wanted to know if anyone's thought of it before!

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, KraterKreator said:

Hi @NathanKell,

Do you have a change log for 2.1.1?

Really appreciate you taking this on BTW! :cool:

I'm still on KSP 1.9 with contracts from 1.3 at least. I want to be careful about upgrading...

Changelog is also in each release page on github, though most of the changes were in 2.0 (but ignore the "RO only" thing since it was fixed in 2.1).

I built against 1.12.3 but I don't see why it wouldn't work for 1.9?

And most of the thanks go to @siimav(and @Gotmachinefor finding the leaks). :)

Edited by NathanKell

Hello @NathanKell! Thanks so much to you and the RO community for taking this on. Writing contracts to create my own mission storylines is one of my favorite things in the game, so it's good to see CC get some love!

One thing I noticed after updating to the new version - nearly every celestial body and kerbal referenced in existing contracts appear to be showing a Lingoona gender suffix unless the contract explicitly refers to the the object's '.Name()' property (or for kerbals, '.firstName()' and '.lastName()'). So just having a simple string in a contract like this:

title = Orbit @targetBody

...will show up in-game as "Orbit Jool^N." I updated a few of my personal contracts to use the name properties to test my theory, and it worked to remove the gender suffix, but most older contract packs currently available would need to be updated too. I don't think it causes any problems with the contracts themselves, so likely not a priority, but I'm wondering if you could update CC to default to returning the object name as a string without the gender marker if it's used in a string like that?

Visual example from my game below:

https://imgur.com/uhgwmRn

Thanks!

13 hours ago, siimav said:

Actually there's some code about asteroid (or comets? I forgot exactly) that requires 1.10+.

@KraterKreatorapologies, didn't know about that. It was a trivial fix to get around this issue, and I've released 2.1.2.

14 hours ago, Zelda said:

Hello @NathanKell! Thanks so much to you and the RO community for taking this on. Writing contracts to create my own mission storylines is one of my favorite things in the game, so it's good to see CC get some love!

One thing I noticed after updating to the new version - nearly every celestial body and kerbal referenced in existing contracts appear to be showing a Lingoona gender suffix unless the contract explicitly refers to the the object's '.Name()' property (or for kerbals, '.firstName()' and '.lastName()'). So just having a simple string in a contract like this:

title = Orbit @targetBody

...will show up in-game as "Orbit Jool^N." I updated a few of my personal contracts to use the name properties to test my theory, and it worked to remove the gender suffix, but most older contract packs currently available would need to be updated too. I don't think it causes any problems with the contracts themselves, so likely not a priority, but I'm wondering if you could update CC to default to returning the object name as a string without the gender marker if it's used in a string like that?

Visual example from my game below:

https://imgur.com/uhgwmRn

Thanks!

Ah I see what's going on. Looks like @nightingaledid merge some PRs but never made a release of 1.30.6. I'll update our changelog and I can look at that, although I'm not sure quite what the best fix is. Cheers!