[1.10.1+] Contract Configurator [v1.30.5] [2020-10-05]

nightingale

Have you turned on Contract Configurator debugging for logging? Look for the file ContractConfigurator.cfg.default in the GameData/ContractConfigurator folder. Edit it and follow the instructions of how to turn on logging. 

Then restart your game, and detailed logs about how you contracts are being loaded will be in  GameData/ContractConfigurator/logs. 

1 hour ago, Caerfinon said:

Have you turned on Contract Configurator debugging for logging? Look for the file ContractConfigurator.cfg.default in the GameData/ContractConfigurator folder. Edit it and follow the instructions of how to turn on logging. 

Then restart your game, and detailed logs about how you contracts are being loaded will be in  GameData/ContractConfigurator/logs. 

I get this message. [WARNING] ContractConfigurator.ContractType: Errors encountered while trying to load CONTRACT_TYPE '1hr'

27 minutes ago, Future Astronaut said:

Errors encountered while trying to load CONTRACT_TYPE '1hr'

When you get a message like this you should check your ksp.log for additional error messages that might indicate the source of the issue. 

If you post a your KSP.log and the contract .cfg files we could take a look at them and see if we could help sort it out for you. (you'd need to put them on a file share service like Google drive and post the link for it)  

3 hours ago, Future Astronaut said:

Here are the log and contract files

Thanks. 

Your second two contracts are failing on these errors 

//1hr.cfg
[ERR 20:23:11.115] ContractConfigurator.CompleteContractRequirement: contractType 'string' must either be a Contract sub-class or ContractConfigurator contract type

//2hr.cfg
[ERR 20:23:11.264] ContractConfigurator.CompleteContractRequirement: contractType 'string' must either be a Contract sub-class or ContractConfigurator contract type

This can be corrected by changing the Requirements section of each to refer to the name of the preceding contract. 

For 1hr you need this

REQUIREMENT
	{
		name = CompleteContract
		type = CompleteContract

contractType = 30min
		minCount = 1

}

For 2hr you need this

REQUIREMENT
	{
		name = CompleteContract
		type = CompleteContract

contractType = 3600s
		minCount = 2

}

You are also getting warnings about the VesselParameterGroup in 30mins contract that has a mixed case attribute. All atttributes must be lower case; 

Change this to a lower case 'n'

PARAMETER
{
	Name = VesselParameterGroup
	type = VesselParameterGroup
	title = Hold for 30min

Hope this helps, Fly Safe. 

3 hours ago, Caerfinon said:

Thanks. 

Your second two contracts are failing on these errors 

//1hr.cfg
[ERR 20:23:11.115] ContractConfigurator.CompleteContractRequirement: contractType 'string' must either be a Contract sub-class or ContractConfigurator contract type

//2hr.cfg
[ERR 20:23:11.264] ContractConfigurator.CompleteContractRequirement: contractType 'string' must either be a Contract sub-class or ContractConfigurator contract type

This can be corrected by changing the Requirements section of each to refer to the name of the preceding contract. 

For 1hr you need this

REQUIREMENT
	{
		name = CompleteContract
		type = CompleteContract

contractType = 30min
		minCount = 1

}

For 2hr you need this

REQUIREMENT
	{
		name = CompleteContract
		type = CompleteContract

contractType = 3600s
		minCount = 2

}

You are also getting warnings about the VesselParameterGroup in 30mins contract that has a mixed case attribute. All atttributes must be lower case; 

Change this to a lower case 'n'

PARAMETER
{
	Name = VesselParameterGroup
	type = VesselParameterGroup
	title = Hold for 30min

Hope this helps, Fly Safe. 

Thanks so much!

7 minutes ago, Future Astronaut said:

I need help getting this contract to appear

Your contract has unrecognized parameters

//Recovery Parameter - Landing
	PARAMETER
	{
		name = At
		type = At
		title = and then land and stop

PARAMETER
		{
			name = At
			type = At
			title = at the recovery area

Did you intend the type to be "Any" or  "All"?  

A search of your ksp.log with a notepad application (I use notepad++) using the name of your contract reveals the issue

[LOG 13:49:29.412] [DEBUG] ContractConfigurator.ContractConfigurator: Loading CONTRACT_TYPE nodes.
[WRN 13:49:29.943] ContractConfigurator.VesselParameterGroupFactory: CONTRACT_TYPE '1hr', PARAMETER 'VesselParameterGroup' of type 'VesselParameterGroup': unexpected attribute 'Name' found, ignored.
[WRN 13:49:30.098] ContractConfigurator.VesselParameterGroupFactory: CONTRACT_TYPE '2hr', PARAMETER 'VesselParameterGroup' of type 'VesselParameterGroup': unexpected attribute 'Name' found, ignored.
[ERR 13:49:30.224] ContractConfigurator.ParameterFactory: CONTRACT_TYPE 'mountains', PARAMETER 'At' of type 'At': Unknown parameter 'At'.

[ERR 13:49:30.226] ContractConfigurator.ParameterFactory: CONTRACT_TYPE 'mountains', PARAMETER 'At' of type 'At': Unknown parameter 'At'.

[WRN 13:49:30.236] ContractConfigurator.ContractType: CONTRACT_TYPE 'mountains': unexpected attribute 'completeInSequence' found, ignored.
[WRN 13:49:30.236] ContractConfigurator.ContractType: CONTRACT_TYPE 'mountains': unexpected attribute 'disableOnStateChange' found, ignored.
[WRN 13:49:30.236] ContractConfigurator.ContractType: Errors encountered while trying to load CONTRACT_TYPE 'mountains'

You should also be able to see the Contract Configurator logs for you contracts in GameData/ContractConfigurator/logs/  learning to read these are valuable skills to develop for contract writing. 

Also if you use the Alt-F10 on the keyboard the Contract configurator details will come up and you can look at why a particular contract is not working correctly.  See ContractConfigurator Wiki for more explanation on how it works.

There is a limit on my contracts and the setting menu is missing. All I did was update my mods with CKAN

Sometimes it shows the limit and sometimes it shows only the number of active contracts.

AHOJkaH.png

j4hEJZF.png

Notice NO settings.

10tYwy9.png

Edited by russiannuke
Added screenshots

On 8/8/2022 at 1:30 PM, CowboyChicken said:

TBH i've always had contract limits (weighted by difficulty) even on L3 with CC installed. I noticed the latest patch did, however, take away the setting to increase the available contracts on the settings menu. I now have a save where I've got 14 Exceptional contracts active with a max of 8.

Gamebreaking.

• 4 weeks later...

Any reason why the CC_RemoteTech.dll and KerKonConConExt.dll that come packaged in CC is asking for dependencies? I dont have those mods installed.

AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'CC_RemoteTech' has not met dependency 'RemoteTech' V1.7.0 
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'CC_RemoteTech' is missing 1 dependencies 
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'KerKonConConExt' has not met dependency 'KerbalKonstructs' V0.9.0 

AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'KerKonConConExt' is missing 1 dependencies

KSP.log

Player.log

Mod List

I am using CC version 2.2.0

Edited by Motokid600

51 minutes ago, Motokid600 said:

Any reason why the CC_RemoteTech.dll and KerKonConConExt.dll that come packaged in CC is asking for dependencies?

These messages appear as warnings in the ksp.log.  They are required by CC to allow contracts to reference specific functions delivered by KerbalKonstructs or RemoteTech.  The DLLs are communication paths with those mods. Contract configurator will still work without those mods installed, but any contracts you have that reference the specific related features will fail to load.

In my game I have Kerbal Konstructs, but not Remote Tech and there are no adverse effects.     

Edited by Caerfinon

On 10/4/2022 at 7:33 PM, russiannuke said:

10tYwy9.png

I'm having the "no settings in the stock settings menu" issue as well, on version 2.2. Only being able to take 5 3-star contracts at Mission Control level 3 is simply not enough...

Edited by bigyihsuan

On 10/29/2022 at 11:56 AM, bigyihsuan said:

I'm having the "no settings in the stock settings menu" issue as well, on version 2.2. Only being able to take 5 3-star contracts at Mission Control level 3 is simply not enough...

I made a pull request that fixes the issue on the mods github. Only problem is siimav and NathanKell both seem to be inactive.

On 10/31/2022 at 8:11 AM, Phillo said:

I made a pull request that fixes the issue on the mods github. Only problem is siimav and NathanKell both seem to be inactive.

Would you be able to send me your GameData folders for the patched mod? Or would you be able to walk me through compiling your fork into the mod folders?

On 11/5/2022 at 3:21 AM, Codapop said:

Would you be able to send me your GameData folders for the patched mod? Or would you be able to walk me through compiling your fork into the mod folders?

I uploaded the patched dll here. Just replace the dll in GameData\ContractConfigurator with this one.

6 hours ago, Phillo said:

I uploaded the patched dll here. Just replace the dll in GameData\ContractConfigurator with this one.

Thank you so much!

EDIT: Unfortunately even though the slider has returned, it doesn't appear to affect the game.

Edited by Codapop

• 2 weeks later...