[1.10.1+] Contract Configurator [v1.30.5] [2020-10-05]

nightingale

Thank you Nightingale and severedsolo for all your work on this.

Designing missions in order to complete multiple varied contracts in a single launch has breathed life back into what was becoming a stale game for me.

I'm currently using the anomaly surveyor, KSS and space tourism packs. I just completed one mission where I took a group of 3 tourists and 4 tourists on a mission to deliver a power module to my KSS. After that I then landed near the pyramids so that Jebediah could carry out a pilgrimage.

So much fun to design a mission to do all of that in one go.

More!

Thanks, so glad you're enjoying them! We'll have to add support for some of those Kerbin-Side "anomalies" one of these days. :D

I've got plans for my next contract pack, it'll be a tough one to do in one mission with other contracts though, as the delta-v requirements on these contracts will be quite a bit bigger... Still I can think of a couple places that there's a little synergy. Anyway, this'll all be after KSP 1.0 drops, and I'm sure I'll have my hands full getting all my stuff working then, so no real ETA. :(

ugh, I'm hitting a wall here, a little help please?

I am trying to return the CelestialBody that targetVessel is orbiting. (targetVessel works fine), my code is:

DATA
{
type = CelestialBody
requiredValue = true
targetBody = AllBodies().Where(@/targetVessel.isOrbiting()).Random()
}

I'm getting an error in the log that says "Cannot find method isOrbiting for class Vessel" - which based on previous conversations I think means that CC doesn't know it's looking for a vessel... I can sort of see why it wouldn't work (because I've told CC that I'm looking for a celestialBody), but I can't figure out how to get to the desired outcome.

Any ideas?

Edited by severedsolo

That error means the isOrbiting method doesn't exist. However, there is IsOrbiting (note the case difference). However, that just returns a boolean indicating whether or not the vessel is orbiting. What you want is far simpler:

[TABLE=width: 640]

[TR=bgcolor: #F8F8F8]

[TD=align: left]CelestialBody CelestialBody()[/TD]

[TD=align: left]Gets the body whose sphere of influence the vessel is in.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

D[COLOR=#3E3E3E]ATA
[/COLOR]{
type = CelestialBody
targetBody = @/targetVessel.CelestialBody()
}

Hi

I noticed, that some parts of a contract get completet when i work on another contract and the whole contract is not completed at all.

Example:

Contract1:

- Orbit a kerbal

Contract2:

- Reach orbit

- Fly to mun

Then when i work on contract1 also the reach to mun contract gets partially completed (the reach orbit part)

This could be fixed if there is a main goal (fl to mun) and if this is achived all other sub assignments gets the ok (if fullfiled). This way only main goal contracts get completed :--)

Thanks!

PS: I'm planning on stying on 0.90 for a while, will this pack recive updates that work with 0.90 ?

Also im using the latest contract configurator :-)

Nightingale will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that's intended behaviour, we ( that is, contract pack creators) have no way of knowing whether you plan to send the same craft to mun or not.

Either way, this would be better reported on the contract pack itself I think so the author can look into

Technicaly the game does not know which contract your working on.

And by reaching orbit you have completed parts of both contracts. (It perfectly acceptable to complete multiple contracts with the same ship.)

So you could launch a kerbal into orbit, complete the first mission, and then send him to the mun to complete the second.

Since the game does not know which contract your working on, as you complete a step in all the contracts you have accepted the game will record that you have completed that step in each of them waiting for the rest of the steps to get triggered.

For example you could have 6 different contracts to take a part to orbit for testing. (Engine, battery, de-couppler, etc.)

But you only send 1 of the parts to orbit on your current ship. THAT contract will complete, but the rest will also show that you have completed the reached orbit segment, but wont be finished because you don't have the part to be tested on the ship

I am not sure, but I dont think the contracts can be set to ONLY check other steps if a "main goal" step is completed first.

You certainly would not want a contract to take a part and land it on the moon, that did not trigger the check other steps until you finished landing on the moon. (You land and then it shows that you did not have the part on the ship.)

It's the contract system that we must work within. Not sure if it's just a made up example, but if it's real then it would be up to the developer to make sure that "reach space" and "go to the Mun" can't show up at the same time (since it doesn't really make sense). They can also set it up to track at the vessel level, so that even though you reached space with another vessel, it'll look at only the active vessel for the "reach orbit" part of the contract (so it'll still show as grey if you're on the launch pad).

All up, there's lots of options for handling it - but in the end it's up to the mod/contract pack developer to get it right (and different people are going to have different opinions as to what "right" is).

PS: I'm planning on stying on 0.90 for a while, will this pack recive updates that work with 0.90 ?

Forgot to address this part. Once 1.0 comes out, there will be no more updates for Contract Configurator for 0.90. Sorry, but I simply don't have the bandwidth to support multiple KSP versions.

I'm getting exceptions, using the general seti build with the exception detector.

There's about half a dozen:

ContractConfigurator.ContractConfigurator+<GetAllTypes>d_1e.MoveNext: 2

Followed at the end by:

ContractConfigurator.ContractConfigurator+<GetAllTypes>d_1e.MoveNext: 14

Now I have no idea what any of that means...but after it started I started getting frequent crashes.

Edited by Vladthemad

I'm getting exceptions, using the general seti build with the exception detector.

There's about half a dozen:

ContractConfigurator.ContractConfigurator+<GetAllTypes>d_1e.MoveNext: 2

Followed at the end by:

ContractConfigurator.ContractConfigurator+<GetAllTypes>d_1e.MoveNext: 14

Now I have no idea what any of that means...but after it started I started getting frequent crashes.

Let's see, I believe that one was fixed in 0.7.13. Please confirm you are using the latest Contract Configurator (0.7.15). If you are still getting these errors, then please provide the entire log file and I'll take a look (either KSP.log or output_log.txt, either is fine).

linuxgurugamer has a new contract pack out, check out his Sprite Mission pack for use with Cupcake's Sprite SSTO ship:

The Spacetux Agency in conjunction with the KSP designer "Cupcake" would like to introduce you to the Sprite; the newest and smallest SSTO which can get to Duna and beyond. The size will absolutely amaze you.

Would you mind taking a look at this?

I think this may be related to a bug that I ran into during my latest batch of testing. It seems that CC "forgets" the subgroups introduced in 0.7.12, I was able to reproduce by fiddling around in the CC debug menu and clicking +/- a few times and they disappear. I think this guy ran into the same problem (but didn't use debug).

Basically, it looks like, what has happened in his screenshot, is that he has "lost" KerbinStation subgroup, and KerbinTier3 has gone nuts, and forgotten the "maxSimultaneous = 1" parameter. I've asked for his logs, but nothing yet.

Edited by severedsolo

Let's see, I believe that one was fixed in 0.7.13. Please confirm you are using the latest Contract Configurator (0.7.15). If you are still getting these errors, then please provide the entire log file and I'll take a look (either KSP.log or output_log.txt, either is fine).

I checked and I was using 7.15. I reinstalled it and it's still throwing exceptions. I'll message you with the files. If they are the incorrect ones let me know what directories the correct ones actually reside in. :)

Edit: Or maybe not...just dumping the text makes it exponentially larger than that allowed character limit. What's the recommended way to go about uploading these so I can provide a link?

Edit: Try these...

https://filetea.me/t1sU31x9y40RniPD0port9a0g

https://filetea.me/t1soeHhq84CQsOdJOpzKfpybA

Edited by Vladthemad

I checked and I was using 7.15. I reinstalled it and it's still throwing exceptions. I'll message you with the files. If they are the incorrect ones let me know what directories the correct ones actually reside in. :)

Edit: Or maybe not...just dumping the text makes it exponentially larger than that allowed character limit. What's the recommended way to go about uploading these so I can provide a link?

Edit: Try these...

https://filetea.me/t1sU31x9y40RniPD0port9a0g

https://filetea.me/t1soeHhq84CQsOdJOpzKfpybA

Sadly, the strange Montenegro file sharing links didn't work for me. :(

Try google drive or dropbox. Or if the text is short enough (no idea what their limits are) you can do a pastebin - I believe there's no sign up required.

Sadly, the strange Montenegro file sharing links didn't work for me. :(

Try google drive or dropbox. Or if the text is short enough (no idea what their limits are) you can do a pastebin - I believe there's no sign up required.

That filetea was one I found via a google search. It's some volitile storage site, only keeps it available as long as I keep the webpage open and my laptop went into sleep mode, so maybe that killed it. I was looking for something that I didn't have to create a whole account for. The above links seem to be working for me right now, hmm...interestingly I had also removed my memstick that had the files on it. Maybe it's taking them directly from the memstick as needed? Give it a shot again...I'm curious now :)