[1.10.1+] Contract Configurator [v1.30.5] [2020-10-05]

nightingale

I tried installing this, but ran into the following problem:

Right after KSP finishes loaded, on the initial screen, the FPS drops down to 1-2 FPS. I traced it to this pack only. I installed the RemoteTech pack, didn't have the problem

Win 7, 16 gig memory.

KSP 32 bit

The second screen, where I load a save game, is equally slow. But strangely enough, once I get into the game, it seems to work fine.

I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling, same problem. Uninstalling it fixed the game.

any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Edit: This is with the SCANsat Contract Pack only. Installed via CKAN

Can I check that you are running the DEV build of SCANSat? Available here

Do you install EVERYTHING with CKAN? ContractConfigurator, SCANSAT 9 etc.

EDIT: here is a screenshot of the debug log that the toher person put on GITHUB, Might be of some use to you Nightingale? Looked to me like maybe something was up with their CC install rather than the Pack?

https://cloud.githubusercontent.com/assets/3991894/5796178/6633db6c-9f57-11e4-8f7e-38d65be70d8f.png

Hmmm, that screenshot points to the RemoteTech 1.6.1/Contract Configurator 0.5.7 compatibility issue that should be all resolved with CC 0.5.8.

@linuxgurugamer - can you provide your ksp.log or output_log.txt?

Hmmm, that screenshot points to the RemoteTech 1.6.1/Contract Configurator 0.5.7 compatibility issue that should be all resolved with CC 0.5.8.

@linuxgurugamer - can you provide your ksp.log or output_log.txt?

Sure.

Here are links to 2 logs and a video. Note that I deleted the log file BEFORE each run:

First log is without the contracts installed. Everything works:

http://www./download/ab7hjj22ycnqq26/KSP.good.log

This log is after installing contract configurator and the satscan contact pack. Please note that the problem only occurs when the satscan pack is installed. If it isn't and contract Configurator is installed, everything is ok:

http://www./download/9tyijfv8zn0b96v/KSP.bad.log

This is a video I took showing the extremely slow load on the splash screens:

http://www./watch/mn67d495nhkj88z/VID_20150122_075620_384.mp4

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks for looking at it

This log is after installing contract configurator and the satscan contact pack. Please note that the problem only occurs when the satscan pack is installed. If it isn't and contract Configurator is installed, everything is ok:

You have an unsupported version of SCANsat. The contract pack requires the dev build.

You have an unsupported version of SCANsat. The contract pack requires the dev build.

DMagic is correct. I'll put in a fix so that it fails more gracefully in this scenario, but you will need the dev build of SCANsat to get these contracts working.

DMagic is correct. I'll put in a fix so that it fails more gracefully in this scenario, but you will need the dev build of SCANsat to get these contracts working.

Ok. Well, I am currently building a base on Minmus, so I'll just leave it uninstalled for a while.

@DMagic, any idea when the released version will work with this?

and @Nightingale & DMagic, does it make sense to have the SCANSat contract pack available in CKAN if the correct version of SCANsat isn't in CKAN?

Thanks for looking at this.

does it make sense to have the SCANSat contract pack available in CKAN if the correct version of SCANsat isn't in CKAN?

I'll take this question, please :)

Actually, yes, it *does* make sense. For one, as CKAN supports multiple repositories, you can install the dev SCANsat archives from my aptly named CKAN-meta-dev repository (note to self: document this better...)

On the other hand, it makes sense to prepare your addon so it is ready whenever your requirements become ready too. At that time, the package would magically become available for installation :)

Ok. Well, I am currently building a base on Minmus, so I'll just leave it uninstalled for a while.

@DMagic, any idea when the released version will work with this?

and @Nightingale & DMagic, does it make sense to have the SCANSat contract pack available in CKAN if the correct version of SCANsat isn't in CKAN?

Thanks for looking at this.

To be honest I'm not 100% sure how this all installs with CKAN at the moment (and am not able to test it right now). The SCANsat contract packs on CKAN (both the original one by tattagreis and the new one by DBT85) have their dependency marked as requiring SCANsat 9.0, and the pre-release version is not up on CKAN. So my expectation would've been that the SCANsat pack just wouldn't install or show up in CKAN.

Anyway, as soon as SCANsat 9.0 is officially released there will be a new version of Contract Configurator that goes up around roughly the same time. Same thing for RemoteTech 1.6.2. After that things should be in place so that there won't be any required changes in Contract Configurator for SCANsat 9.x or RemoteTech 1.6.x, so there will be no more version woes (until KSP 0.91 comes and breaks everything ;) )

EDIT: Hakan beat me to it on the CKAN front. :)

Nightingale, do you happen to know if the release of parts for testing is locked to the partTest Parameter you've given us, or if they can be unlocked for a mission without needing to be a partTest?

I'm just wondering if its possible for a contract to unlock say 5 parts (if they aren't already) for the duration of a mission like a part test, but without actually being a part test contract. So maybe something like a "unlockPart = true" in the PartValidation parameter that could then unlock all child parts.

So for example.

PARAMETER{

// This vessel must be comprised of the following parts
name = PartValidation
type = PartValidation
// These parts will be made available.
unlockPart = True

VALIDATE
{
part = crewCabin
minCount = 1
maxCount = 1
}

VALIDATE
{
part = RCSTank1-2
minCount = 1
maxCount = 1
}

VALIDATE
{
part = RCSBlock
minCount = 1
maxCount = 1
}

VALIDATE
{
part = dockingPortLarge
minCount = 2
maxCount = 2
}

VALIDATE
{
part = batteryBank
minCount = 1
maxCount = 1
}

VALIDATE
{
part = largeSolarPanel
minCount = 2
maxCount = 2
}
}

"The boffins have come up with some very shiny parts, however, we've only got a limited number until we can work out the manufacturing kinks. Use them to build the first module of our Space Station"

Then it would be a typical partVaildation with these now unlocked parts.

Then the typical orbit parameters.

Without any of the "test this part in orbit" guff.

Nightingale, do you happen to know if the release of parts for testing is locked to the partTest Parameter you've given us, or if they can be unlocked for a mission without needing to be a partTest?

I'm just wondering if its possible for a contract to unlock say 5 parts (if they aren't already) for the duration of a mission like a part test, but without actually being a part test contract. So maybe something like a "unlockPart = true" in the PartValidation parameter that could then unlock all child parts.

So for example.

PARAMETER{

// This vessel must be comprised of the following parts
name = PartValidation
type = PartValidation
// These parts will be made available.
unlockPart = True

VALIDATE
{
part = crewCabin
minCount = 1
maxCount = 1
}

VALIDATE
{
part = RCSTank1-2
minCount = 1
maxCount = 1
}

VALIDATE
{
part = RCSBlock
minCount = 1
maxCount = 1
}

VALIDATE
{
part = dockingPortLarge
minCount = 2
maxCount = 2
}

VALIDATE
{
part = batteryBank
minCount = 1
maxCount = 1
}

VALIDATE
{
part = largeSolarPanel
minCount = 2
maxCount = 2
}
}

"The boffins have come up with some very shiny parts, however, we've only got a limited number until we can work out the manufacturing kinks. Use them to build the first module of our Space Station"

Then it would be a typical partVaildation with these now unlocked parts.

Then the typical orbit parameters.

Without any of the "test this part in orbit" guff.

Log a GitHub issue, I'll throw in a behaviour for unlocking experimental parts. For PartTest I'm just wrapping the stock parameter right now - I actually didn't think that the parts unlocked at all (I thought that was the stock contract vs. the stock parameter that had that logic).

I have a problem with a SCANSat contract. Both ContractConfigurator and the Contract Pack are up-to-date (0.5.9 and 0.5.0 respectively). I am trying to to the "Altimetry Scan of Kerbin" contract. I accept it and as soon as I switch to either the VAB or the SPH the contract disappears (and can be accepted again in the MC center).

I have a problem with a SCANSat contract. Both ContractConfigurator and the Contract Pack are up-to-date (0.5.9 and 0.5.0 respectively). I am trying to to the "Altimetry Scan of Kerbin" contract. I accept it and as soon as I switch to either the VAB or the SPH the contract disappears (and can be accepted again in the MC center).

Can you send the output_log.txt file?

Yep, I will post a clean log later. In the meanwhile, this is what the debug console says after I switched to the VAB:

[Exception]: ArgumentException: An invalid SCANtype name was provided. Valid values are: Nothing, AltimetryLoRes, AltimetryHiRes, Altimetry, SCANsat_1, Biome, Anomaly, AnomalyDetail, Everything_SCAN, Kethane, Ore, Kethane_3, Kethane_4, Uranium, Thorium, Alumina, Water, Aquifer, Minerals, Substrate, KEEZO, Karbonite, Regolith_10, Regolith_11, Everything

Yep, I will post a clean log later. In the meanwhile, this is what the debug console says after I switched to the VAB:

Oh yeah, that's coming out of SCANsat itself - most likely a problem in the contract pack, but I'll have to take a closer look later - on mobile at the moment.

Just playing with the new ExperimantalPart function, works well. I modified the wiki as you had "add = True" twice. I checked the code and you had a remove option which was what I expected so I changed the Wiki.

Also just to be sure, only one part can be included in each behaviour correct?

IE you can't do

BEHAVIOUR	{
name = UnlockPart1
type = ExperimentalPart

// The name of the part to add/remove.
part = largeSolarPanel
part = probeCoreOcto2
part = batteryBank
}

I've also used the new options on the debug menu, very nice.

A couple of suggestions though. Currently as soon as you mouse off of a parameter the right hand side where the code is displayed vanishes. It would be handy if it didn't vanish unless you moused over another section.

Also, would be handy to have a scroll bar in there for those longer sections if they appear. One of my partValidation segments is longer than the window can display.

Just playing with the new ExperimantalPart function, works well. I modified the wiki as you had "add = True" twice. I checked the code and you had a remove option which was what I expected so I changed the Wiki.

Also just to be sure, only one part can be included in each behaviour correct?

IE you can't do

BEHAVIOUR    {
name = UnlockPart1
type = ExperimentalPart

// The name of the part to add/remove.
part = largeSolarPanel
part = probeCoreOcto2
part = batteryBank
}

I've also used the new options on the debug menu, very nice.

A couple of suggestions though. Currently as soon as you mouse off of a parameter the right hand side where the code is displayed vanishes. It would be handy if it didn't vanish unless you moused over another section.

Also, would be handy to have a scroll bar in there for those longer sections if they appear. One of my partValidation segments is longer than the window can display.

Multiple parts makes sense, that's an easy enough change.

As far as the mouse-over and scroll bar, nothing much I can do, that's just the way "tool-tips" work in Unity. I considered having a way to scroll using hotkeys... but didn't implement it. It's meant as a "preview", but it is pretty annoying when you can't see the whole thing... I'll have to think on that to see if anything can be changed.

Alright, multiple part attributes in ExperimentalPart is now supported in the dev version.

- - - Updated - - -

0.5.11 is out - recompiled for RemoteTech 1.6.2. Due to changes on their side, this should be the last time I'm forced to do a recompile for new 1.6.x RemoteTech releases.

Download here.

Contract Configurator 0.5.11

• Recompile for RemoteTech 1.6.2